UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New License Speculation - Halloween ComicFest 2014

Which plays into my theory that it's Nightmare before Christmas, since Disney wouldn't solicit in Previews. yes.gif

Not sure I follow you. We're launching the line with a figure we're offering to comic shops for ComicFest -- it'll absolutely be in Previews. Looks like we'll solicit next month.

Well, poop.

Sorry, but given that we were launching with a figure for ComicFest, I assumed it was a given the line would be sold in comic shops. But then, I have to ask, why would a Disney-based line not be in Previews? Or are you saying a Disney Store-exclusive line wouldn't be in Previews? The latter is correct.

That is what I meant, that I would expect NBC to be a Disney Store exclusive. Of course, it should have dawned on me that you probably wouldn't have talked about it at the retailer summit if that were the case.

BTW, in what way does Nightmare Before Christmas compliment Peter Pan? They aren't even the same style of animation. That's like saying Desperately Seeking Susan compliments Platoon.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nightmare Before Christmas would compliment Universal Monsters, Peter Pan, Ghostbusters, and Clerks, so they're out too.

The only franchises I can think of offhand that wouldn't complement existing Minimates are either the films of Alejandro Jodorowsky (El Topo and The Holy Mountain), or Pee Wee's Playhouse. Seeing as how the former would never be Minimates in about 50,000 years, I think I've figured out what the secret license is!

Curious to see how they do Chairy and the fridge food.

It's not Hellboy. Hellboy complements everything. He's a comic book character and a comic book movie character AND he fights monsters. I would love for it to be Hellboy, but it is not.

I love what it IS just as much, though, and it has far broader appeal and potential.

Nightmare Before Christmas would compliment Universal Monsters, Peter Pan, Ghostbusters, and Clerks, so they're out too.

This... I... what?

I guess there's a mummy, a vampire and a ghost in the movie, and Jack has met other Disney characters in games, but... Clerks?

So Zach, it's kingdom hearts isn't it? For a while there I thought maybe it was the premiere of the big bang line (Sheldon in a Flash outfit would have really gotten lots of people), but after looking through the thread I think it is our chance to get to get Jack Skellington, Mickey, and many other Disney characters.

I guess there's a mummy, a vampire and a ghost in the movie, and Jack has met other Disney characters in games, but... Clerks?

I think Jack was supposed to play the dead guy in the bathroom before the part got recast.

clerks_nightmare_zpsf213c128.jpg

-Broad appeal and pontential.

-Doesn't really complement anything.

-Not Predator,DC,Star Wars,Hellboy and TNBC.

The only things that I can think of that fits the bill is Mortal Kombat, Dragonball and Metal Gear Solid. Mortal Kombat has a really big mythology and a wide array o characters. Same goes for Dragonball but there are 10x more people in there. Metal Gear fits the broad appeal thing and doesn't really have any relevance to anything else. Maybe Halo but that's a big stretch. It's probably not it but oh well, that's my bet and i'm sticking with it (until somebody makes a better guess that is).

Why would it be TNBC? Wouldn't that be kinda random?

Not really. DST made some designs awhile back and even though they never saw the light of day they were made. That and it fits the bill of being high profile and with a lot of potential, while also being a fitting property to debut at a Horrorcon.

Wouldn't Mortal Kombat compliment the DC mates? Wasn't there a game or something...?

Actually, yes.

It's not Hellboy. Hellboy complements everything. He's a comic book character and a comic book movie character AND he fights monsters. I would love for it to be Hellboy, but it is not.

I love what it IS just as much, though, and it has far broader appeal and potential.

This... I... what?

Bad news, but my wallet appreciates.

Zach said someone guessed it correctly back on page 5. It could be:

Planet of the Apes

Predator

TNBC

Buffy

Big Hero Six

Mortal Kombat

Army of Darkness

Resident Evil

Game of Thrones

Silent Hill