UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine why DST wouldn't want to offer their own load lifter. Even if TRU doesn't want it, something like that should sell pretty well through the specialty market.

I'm picturing a Ripley vs. Queen set that retails around $20.

I recently snagged the Power Loader that was included with the X- Box Colonial Marines ....'I'm not a games fan I just bought the whole bunch from ebay & sold off the game !

All I'm kinda saying is that it is pretty special but not quite Minimate-scale & not articulated but hey it was almost free!

This guy does an adequate & quick review http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA3nbf9aQpg

I can't imagine why DST wouldn't want to offer their own load lifter. Even if TRU doesn't want it, something like that should sell pretty well through the specialty market.

I'm picturing a Ripley vs. Queen set that retails around $20.

I think that would be quite a stretch at that price-point even if the Queen was tiny. I can't imagine anyone wanting a drone sized Queen. Now two separate sets priced at $19.99 could work. One set with Ripley/Power-loader and one set with the Queen (she really needs to be based on a larger 'mate...2.5"-4" plus extension pieces for legs, arms, abdomen, etc.) / egg-sack stand (think "Hive-playset" shrunk into a display stand to support the Queen) possibly with 3-4 eggs would be a plausible option that would fit into the standard Mini-vehicle packaging that DST have been using. I think both would have high appeal to collectors and fit the price-point parameters of: 1x Minimate/ 1x Vehicle (stand, whatever) formula they've been using since the first releases. Even better if they were both in the same asst. (3x Power-loader, 3x Queen case ratio). I'd personally buy a case. Edited by cdubya

With everything you're talking about adding to the content, yes, $20 is a stretch. I was comparing it to a 4-pack (with two, essentially over-sized figures) but a vehicle might be the better way to go, although I see Queens selling better than load lifters.

Thing is, last I'd read, DST wasn't sure when (or if) they were going to get to vehicles, and I'm not sure if that has to do with offering true vehicles (like the drop ship) or the price point. I'm just trying to make it happen in a non-vehicle format retailers might be more comfortable with.

If DST wants to go the playset route (if they're allowed), I'm all for that as well.

Vehicles are a long ways off, if they happen at all, so I would try to stop being impatient for them, for sanity's sake.

With everything you're talking about adding to the content, yes, $20 is a stretch. I was comparing it to a 4-pack (with two, essentially over-sized figures) but a vehicle might be the better way to go, although I see Queens selling better than load lifters.

Thing is, last I'd read, DST wasn't sure when (or if) they were going to get to vehicles, and I'm not sure if that has to do with offering true vehicles (like the drop ship) or the price point. I'm just trying to make it happen in a non-vehicle format retailers might be more comfortable with.

If DST wants to go the playset route (if they're allowed), I'm all for that as well.

Vehicles are a long ways off, if they happen at all, so I would try to stop being impatient for them, for sanity's sake.

Ah, I see. I had misinterpreted your original post to mean: 1xRipley, 1xQueen, and Power-loader...for the dream-world price of $19.99. biggrin.png And if your suggestion (Ripley vs. Queen) is the only manner in which to attain a reasonably scaled Queen, then so be it; I'll take what I can get. I know vehicles are a long ways off (if at all), expensive to tool, and have had a slow-return in the past (I believe the super-D scale is to blame). I realize I'm preaching-to-the-choir, but I truly believe that this license can support at least one Mini-Vehicle and the Power-loader makes the most sense (although APC and Drop-ship would certainly rock...despite being super-deformed!). The beauty of the Power-loader (besides being iconic and essential for squaring-off against Queens) is that even in 'mates form, it's still virtually in-scale. I just hope that if they ever do decide to produce one that they don't wait too long. I'd prefer to show my support by purchasing more Xeno-mates than by purchasing one of Medicom's!

The kubrick 'loader' set hasn't always been that expensive.....it was at first ,it dropped ,then it dropped further & only recently it has come back up .

That said ....I'll add that the set included far more than just a powerloader, it also included .....a big Queen,3 warriors,Ripley & 4 egg chambers .

It was distributed in N.America by a company called Diamond biggrin.png

A Minimate 'loader' would undoubtedly be smaller than the kubrick version & I fear for its 'articulation' if & when they attempt to produce it because the kubrick version is delicate . Making anything that size & making it practical to play with is a big mountain to climb & making it super-deformed would be a brave ol' decision .

Must be articulated must include Ripley & must be less than $45 .

As much as a large scale Power Loader and Queen would be desired, I would prefer these two to be "in scale" with each other over other mates in the line.

If we aren't going to get a Queen larger than a 2-inch base, I would be okay with a Power Loader made up like Phonics Buster Iron Man: large boot accessories, pincher hand pieces, a backpack/helmet "cage," and maybe some upper arm/leg pieces.