UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 54

Nessex

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of something along the lines of the Nova Corps. I know there weren't generic Acolytes, but there were enough relative unknowns to just put head/hair combinations in there and leave it up to our imagination.

As for "unrealistic," it's Minimates. I don't think anything owned by Marvel truly falls in the "unrealistic" category.

And while two Acolytes per pack may be unlikely, they'd make a striking presence on a peg. The team DID kind of dominate X-Men villainy throughout the '90s.

In fact, I'll swap out Voght for Exodus. Then the "Troop builder" could be a female body with Voght and Scanner parts

...or Cargill... or Unuscione...

Have to agree with bigvis here, there's no way we're getting multiple Acolytes in one wave. They were a big deal in the 90's but they're also almost completely forgettable. Not sure they would qualify as "highly requested" either.

Hmmmm - this is a dilly of a pickle.... out of Mnemosis' list, i think the only army builder that would qualify as highly requested would be the Shi'ar or *maybe* the Phalanx... but even they haven't been mentioned that much. Could it be Brood Queens? They've already got tooling for Broods... and they have kind of been asked for. It's a long bow to draw, but i'm really scratching my head on this one.

Over at the Marvel Army Builder thread, there's a pretty extensive list of characters we've yet to see (correct me if i've missed any):

Acolytes

Alpha Primitives

Anti-Mutie Protestors
Badoon

Brotherhood of the Scrier

Dire Wraiths Ruled out due to poll involvement

Doom "Killer" Robots

Frost Giants

Hammer Agents Ruled out due to poll involvement

Humanoids

Kang's Growing Men

Kree Sentry Already been Made

Lava Men

Lemurians

Maggia Thugs

Mandroids Ruled out due to poll involvement

Mindless Ones

Moloids Already Made

90's Multiple Man Ruled out due to poll involvement

Orion Rex Henchmen

Phalanx

Predator X

Prime Sentinels

Purifiers

Reavers

Roxxon Oil Soldiers

Savage Land inhabitants

Shi'ar Soldiers

Spider Slayers

Sons of the Serpent

Steel Skulls

Stepford Cuckoos Ruled out due to poll involvement

Symbiotes

The Right

The Uncreated

Toad Men

U-Men

Ultimatum Troopers

Wakandan tribesmen

Warwolves Ruled out due to poll involvement

Watchdogs

The ones in purple are the ones i've actually seen mentioned outside of the Army Builder thread... Acolytes, Reavers & Symbiotes might not be a great bet for an army builder as they don't really have a uniform look.

So - who from this list has been most requested? Or... is it perhaps a variant on a previous army builder? Battle Damage Sentinels? Female Skrulls? Heavy Artilary AIM agents?

From that list above, I'd be happy with any of these as the new figures:

Mojo
Doc Samson
Banshee
Falcon
Winter Soldier
Doppelganger Spider-man
Black Knight
Blob
Nighthawk

Tigra

The Brotherhood

These as the army builders:

Aim Soldier

Hydra Soldier

Or these as the updates:

Bulked-Up Abomination

Absorbing Man

Nick Fury

Quicksilver

Leader

Wasnt one of the acolytes a triplet? Kleinstock brothers or somesuch? Throw in an alternate head and a Senyaka mask and you have quite the crowd.

The Kleinstock brothers were originally triplets until they lost one of the brothers. They merged into a singular form which would require all sorts of unique tooling for Minimates and pretty much disqualify them from any kind of army building.

I'm not saying I don't want Acolytes, as a matter of fact I think they would be an awesome addition to the line. However it goes back to what I said about thinking realistically. Unfortunately, lower tier groups that don't have much individual identity probably have the least likely chance of being 'mated. Lower tier solo villains like Stilt Man, Spymaster? Just stick them with a big name. But usually when teams are made, DST sticks with it and makes pretty much all of them. I just can't see multiple Marauders or multiple Morlocks, Acolytes, Imperial Guard taking up spots on the schedule. The ones that have a greater solo presence like Gladiator, Callisto, I'm sure we'll see eventually. But guys who don't like Riptide, Smasher, Blockbuster, Scanner, etc. I can't see happening. Even though I would love to see all of them made.

They rereleased Sabretooth and Wolverine with very little extra or difference between them and the originals....Id like to see a 'best of x men' wave with

90's Gambit/90's Storm (change facial expressions, add another hairpiece for Gambit and a flight stand for Storm)

Juggernaut/Nightcrawler (Excalibur rereleases with modifications)

Byrne Cyclops/Dark Phoenix (Optic blast, Phoenix base)

Diamond Emma Frost/Astonishing Wolverine (AvX Emma in transleucent plastic)

I really hope 54 is X Men themed, but the army builder is the only thing that makes me think it wont be. Highly requested AND not in the fan poll? It has to be the HAMMER Soldier. Which means it's Captain America. Weak!

Yes, please.

Sorry, but I am NOT willing to pay $100 just for Gambit. I'm willing to go to semi-extreme lengths to obtain certain characters, but this is ridiculous. Releasing a new 90s Gambit as part of a "Best of" wave would be a great compromise. Those who missed out the first time can have a chance to get him, and those who got him the first time around can pass him up. Plus, he won't take up a slot in a "normal" wave that could have otherwise gone to a new character (or a character more in need of a remake than him).

racist humans!!!! lmfao

or what about just some racist humans? Random people in normal clothes with "Die Mutie Scum" signs? How cool would THAT be? Give each one a couple of signs, and any plain clothes Minimate can be recruited to your Homo Sapien army

Taking another stab at this.

Avengers: Under Siege

Black Knight (Poll)/Titania

Battle Damaged Hercules/Wrecker(Poll)

Wasp/Grey Gargoyle with parts for a transformed civilian

Yellow Jacket (Rita Demara)/Grey Gargoyle

Or trade Titania for Wasp and drop Yellow Jacket for Absorbing Man with Thunderball as the variant.

They rereleased Sabretooth and Wolverine with very little extra or difference between them and the originals....Id like to see a 'best of x men' wave with

90's Gambit/90's Storm (change facial expressions, add another hairpiece for Gambit and a flight stand for Storm)

Juggernaut/Nightcrawler (Excalibur rereleases with modifications)

Byrne Cyclops/Dark Phoenix (Optic blast, Phoenix base)

Diamond Emma Frost/Astonishing Wolverine (AvX Emma in transleucent plastic)

I really hope 54 is X Men themed, but the army builder is the only thing that makes me think it wont be. Highly requested AND not in the fan poll? It has to be the HAMMER Soldier. Which means it's Captain America. Weak!

Yes, please.

Sorry, but I am NOT willing to pay $100 just for Gambit. I'm willing to go to semi-extreme lengths to obtain certain characters, but this is ridiculous. Releasing a new 90s Gambit as part of a "Best of" wave would be a great compromise. Those who missed out the first time can have a chance to get him, and those who got him the first time around can pass him up. Plus, he won't take up a slot in a "normal" wave that could have otherwise gone to a new character (or a character more in need of a remake than him).

Nobody here or anywhere else should pay $100 for any retail Minimate.

I'm all for re-releasing some of the older/harder items but let's not get carried away . I mean no malice Minnesotaiceman....please take none.....but "....$100 for Gambit.." is a myth ,a myth that some ebay-dealers perpetuate with their ludicrous 'roll-a-dice' prices . Wave 28 was a great wave but when released the Gambit set almost appeared to be overlooked for a very long time whilst the spotlight was on Deadpool . I'll concede that it rose in price but it never got silly (over $30) until years later ...trust me, there are just as many Minimates that fell in price during that same period notably the aforementioned Deadpool.

As for "unrealistic," it's Minimates. I don't think anything owned by Marvel truly falls in the "unrealistic" category.

No offense, but I feel like half the stuff you've been throwing out qualifies as unrealistic.

For example:

In fact, I'll swap out Voght for Exodus. Then the "Troop builder" could be a female body with Voght and Scanner parts

....and this...

Purifiers

Acolytes

Modern Nimrod

Phalanx

N'Gari demon

Shi'ar soldier

You'd be sad too if they hadn't made a 'mate out of you

Not quite what I meant, but *when* we finally get him, I feel like he'll only look "right" if he's made with blue plastic, perhaps with black painted highlights.

I feel it's only a matter of time before we get the bulk of the missing Avengers, with the only two least-likely candidates being Moondragon and Dr Druid. Tigra, Black Knight, Mockingbird all seem to me like they will get made eventually.

No offense, but I feel like half the stuff you've been throwing out qualifies as unrealistic.

For example:

>In fact, I'll swap out Voght for Exodus. Then the "Troop builder" could be a female body with Voght and Scanner parts

....and this...

Purifiers

Acolytes

Modern Nimrod

Phalanx

N'Gari demon

Shi'ar soldier

I have to agree I read that last bunch of names and they just mean crap throw away stuff. I remember the reading the comics with the Acolytes where with magneto on Asteroid M and they where bland then. The full more muscles and no character design.

IIf I had the choice and I know Im a minority like the rest of the ppl on this board compared to TRU or casual buyers but I would think unless everyone of those was packed with wolverine ppl would say who the fuck is that.

What the hell, i'll throw my hat into the ring.The avengers that i'd like to see are: black panther (an update is long overdue),black knight,darkhawk,hercules,a new vision,luke cage and moon knight (he's an essential part of the marvel knights imprint and this side of the mu hasn't been explored that much. Besides, he goes for some pretty crazy prices). I'd take a modern mockinbird too.As for avenger villains i'd like to see strucker,and an updated ultron. I wouldn't say no to an armored or ultimate red skull either.

As for an x-men wave i'd like to see the following: modern beast, an updated professor x, the purifiers, a bulked up apocalypse, mojo, a new gambit (the modern costume is pretty sweet), a modern jubilee, a modern magik and cyclops. A bishop and the new xforce wouldn't be bad as well.

I'm not going by the clues, i'm just whishlisting and i hope that at least one of the names i mentioned will be in wave 54. Actually, i'm more excited to see tru 17 and the spidey characters.

Edited by Kostisfire

Man they may not make many acolytes (if any) but they have to at least make Exodus sooner or later! He was a pretty major X-men and Avengers villain. And you can't tell me that the Shi'ar and Starjammers would not look AWESOME as minimates.

I'm giving up on Blob/Pyro for this wave, I really think "fan service" means risky or newly tooled mates, and that makes me think Mojo and Spiral, who have previously been impossible to make. As for the army builder, who are these guys? Spineless ones? Mindless ones?

261008-176396-mojo.jpg

So

Mojo/spineless one

Spiral/spineless one

Banshee/Sunfire

Apocolypse/Exodus

Yeah?