UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3 Minimates -

Nessex

And that's why we love 'mates Zach. I'm really puzzled why the Extremis soldier got so much publicity earlier this week, but don't want to be spoiled for the movie. Is there a way to explain without giving too much away anyone? If not no worries.

Without saying too much, I think I can confidently say that the Extremis soldiers are at the core of this movie and have a huge role in it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhe Extremis formula in the comic book is somewhere between the super-soldier formula and the techno-organic virus. It can make a man fairly dangerous.

I won't comment on the movie's adherence to the comic, but I wouldn't be surprised if your local library had the Extremis trade, or could get it in for you. Its a good read.

I love the fact we get the villains and supporting characters. That's why I've dumped so many other lines. The Hasbro stuff only focuses on the main heroes and a scant amount of villains.

I went through a lot of trouble tracking down a Justin Hammer. In fact, it was harder to get my Justin Hammer Minimate than it was to get my picture with Sam Rockwell! My preorder with BBTS never came through on that IM2 dump case and I had to resort to ebay. If they had never made him, I would have been very unhappy, since he's a major character in that movie.

I know some people don't care for the "civilian" looks, but I love them! They represent characters I want, they are usable for QC customs, and they fill in dioramas nicely.

Don't expect to see even 1/10th of them.

The multiple armors represent a small portion of the overall film, so expect them to represent a similar portion of the line. We didn't significantly increase the size of our regular offering for this film, and we paid the normal amount of attention to supporting characters like Aldrich Killian and the Extremis Soldier and Maya Hansen. We may very well be the only company making product that represents these characters.

Hmm so 3 then. Time to get customizing.... teehee.gif

We'll reveal the TRU figures this week.

YESSSS!!!!
YYYYEEEEESSSSS!!!! x2
YESSSSSSSSSSSS.. deep breath.. SSSSSSSSSS x3

I'm definitely more excited about the mates than the actual movie! I don't even like IronMan! But these are just too cool!

Unfortunately, I think Zach is being honest about the lack of new armors.

I think he realized that when he teased an "Iron Man 3 extended boxset", we somehow jumped to conclusions that it will be all the new armors from the film that aren't in the LCS or TRU waves.

I think what it will be is this, essentially a reissue of the Marks I - VII with a display piece and a Stark variant:

Iron-Man-3-Production-Image-Tony-Stark-H

Most of the new armors are completely new sculpts, so that limits the number we can include in a wave or box set, and makes a dump pretty much impossible. Don't expect to see all 35.

I notice you didn't say "don't expect to see even half of them." Does this mean we will see between 17 and 34 of them woot.giftongue.png

In all seriousness, I would be super happy with even 10 of the armors from the film. I feel like a few could be made with paint and existing sculpts; I am looking at you, Silver Centurian.

I so cannot wait!

Don't expect to see even 1/10th of them.

The multiple armors represent a small portion of the overall film, so expect them to represent a similar portion of the line. We didn't significantly increase the size of our regular offering for this film, and we paid the normal amount of attention to supporting characters like Aldrich Killian and the Extremis Soldier and Maya Hansen. We may very well be the only company making product that represents these characters.

I am not giving any new information here.

Sweet! Can not wait to see that Gemeni Armor! tongue.png Igor is going to look awesome too!sorcerer.gif

ermm.gif

No worries Zach.. I was just kidding.. I know those were SUPER long shot wishes.... but that's what we do around here. ironman2.gif

Thanks for putting up with us.. thanks.gif

-Chad