UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 43? - Spidey Comic-based

fwoosheyman

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be wrong, but I thought Michelinie came up with Eddie Brock and talked about it with Peter David while PD was working on the Sin-Eater story, so even if Brock first appeared there, it's still Micheline's concept that was intended to be used later. Anyway, McFarlane gets tossed around a lot as a co-creator, which is BS. I give more credit to Erik Larsen for making Venom visually unique. The important thing, though, is that thanks to work for hire contracts, it doesn't matter and Marvel wins.

PAD actually talked about this in one of his old "But I Digress..." columns; Michelinie called him to ask if it was okay if he used Brock for Venom, and PAD said sure, sounds like a swell idea. Venom's claim of creation is interesting, because you've got two separate preexisting pieces combined to create something new. PAD very graciously passes off all claims of creator credit to Michelinie, rightly pointing out that without him, no Venom, so he's the creator. McFarlane's contribution to Venom, by the way: the tongue.

I hope we do get Eddie Brock in this wave just to make this discussion worthwhile....

If you take off Aunt May's skirt...

Don't you even think about that, Pete!

I think the one with the pistol will be Sgt. Stan Carter - everyone else seems pretty obvious.

I already thought about him being Sgt. Michael Tork. What can be said against him is he's not an army builder. Unless you can army bulid NYPD cops with him or we don't get an army bulider at all.

I don't think it's a coincedence that this wave is coming out around the same time as the pirate 4-pack. You can totally strip down the skeleton pirate to have a modern Uncle Ben to go with Aunt May.

:ohmy:;):) :tongue: :woot:

Come on now, I thought you and Grannyhog would be happier to see your age group represented in mate form.

I like the new Jonah since the older one's head was too big. I still like the quick custom version of his head on the mayor from the GB line better though.

And isn't anyone going to complain about two previous variant figures being re-released int his wave? I know someone is ready to pounce on this...

You never know this could lead to an all Aunt May wave.

1714034-_aunt_may_heroes_super.jpeg

So wait... they’ve made TWO jokes about Aunt May being “the Golden Oldie”, someone REALLY loved that pun...

Do people even use the term “Golden Oldie” any more? Like when a radio station plays “Thriller” or something do they refer to it as a “Golden Oldie” or an “Oldie but a Goodie” or has calling classic music “Oldies” gone away?

anyway, on topic:

WOOO! New JJ that’s not a slip-on mask, so far this wave is winner-winner-chicken-dinner!

JJJ is nice, you can practicaly here him growling "Parker!" Agreed about the GBMayor though.

But is there time to fix the headline? It's "Spider-Man: Threat or Menace!" Or was that too long to be legible on the tiny Bugle?

The only thing that JJJ is good for is a Hammer Head Quick Custom.

The original JJJ minimate was awesome! Loved the cigar hand he had!

Cigar hand on JJJ? There was the Chameleon variant JJJ, and the cigar hand with King Pin but not JJJ. Did I miss one somewhere along the way?