UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Charitymates 5: Fighting for Japan

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So our version of a "Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat/Tekken" tournament fighting video game theme?

Exactly. It would be based on groundhog and bhm's ideas above, where warriors throughout the world (and universe?) would gather in Japan to fight in a great tournament, which would include many fighters from specialized ninja clans in Japan. The choice of fighter would be up to each customizer.

I will leave this idea open for feedback today, so let's hear your opinions!

As a fighting game fan I'm definitly up for the Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat/Tekken angle :D

Edited by pawcanada

Tournament fighters sounds awesome! Count me in for sure.

Here's an idea for you Luke. If you're the one we will be sending our customs to, I think it would be apropos to snap pics of two random tournament fighters facing off (like in any given fighting game) instead of doing just the standard group shot. If anybody is feeling really creative, they could make backdrop scenery for the face-off pics. What do you guys think.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I think the fighter tournament idea sounds great

and I'm putting my vote in for Fujis' name for "Charitymates 5: Fighting for Japan"

Also how about after everyone finishes their custom fighters somebody (or me ;) ) make a

Player Select Screen (Examples) to show off the fighters (besides the other idea like the Vs. and group shots)

I guess one of us could make the final boss character who brought all these other folks together. :huh:

Funnily enough, I've been toying with making a hand drawn web comic that works like a fighting dame (similar to how Scott Pilgrim is inspired by various old school games). I've been racking my brain for days coming up with an idea for a villain for the comic and personally feel something mystical, much like Devil (Tekken 2), Ogre (Tekken 3), Azael (Tekken 6) and my personal favourite Gill (Street Fighter 3) would work best.

sounds like a great idea! and id also like to put a vote in for the name charitymates: fighting for japan.

a playerselect screen sounds like a great idea for a promo and maybe you could start with it blacked out and then everytime someone enters you put their pic in?

a playerselect screen sounds like a great idea for a promo and maybe you could start with it blacked out and then everytime someone enters you put their pic in?

That's a really cool idea, for the blank (or blacked out) slots it maybe there could be "?" or "Unlock" or

something along those lines where the name for the character will be.

Also I made a quick idea of what the logo could look like:

post-168-1300216577_thumb.jpg

Though it's just a quickie I thought I'd show you all anyhow. ^^

Edited by A.J.V.

I'm guessing whoever is in charge (Luke?) will post the rules and guidelines soon and all our questions will be answered.

Gosh, I'm so excited!

Now back to the drawing board...well actually it's just a notebook where I draw my Minimate designs/ideas in. ^^;

I'm guessing whoever is in charge (Luke?) will post the rules and guidelines soon and all our questions will be answered.

Probably. I have a feeling I might need to step up my customising game for this...

Decided to take a brake from drawing up a design for my fighter (nearly done except for the head gear) and

I thought I'd try my hand at making a "player select screen"

Here's a WIP shot

post-168-1300226269_thumb.jpg

Once we have a logo I'll put that in the top in the middle with Players 1 and 2 on both side of the logo.

It's a bit bare but I'll try to fancy it up as I keep working on it.

Stilling figuring out which font I should use

I'm not sure how many character slots I should add but right now I have about 24 so far.

I'll keep space open in case there's more than that I guess.

Maybe someone who's good with html could make it that when you click on a character it goes to a link

that has pics,description,auction,etc... of that character.

Man am I pumped up for this! :D