UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse my ignorance, but does anyone know when Wave 2 and Wave 3 will be sold on shelves?

Since I don't live by any local comic shop, its tough getting my hands on the exclusive ones.

Not to mention, I'm willing to pre-order if that's possible.

We were late to the party on MvC3, and by the time UvMC3 Mates came out we'd be late to the party again, so we may skip UMvC3 and go right to something else. That plan may change, though.

In terms of getting to the party with the MvC franchise, there is no such thing as "late" The time between MvC2 and MvC3 was, well, a while but people loved it the entire time. A lot of people. And we love minimates, so just go after it, I say. It'll keep.

In terms of getting to the party with the MvC franchise, there is no such thing as "late" The time between MvC2 and MvC3 was, well, a while but people loved it the entire time. A lot of people. And we love minimates, so just go after it, I say. It'll keep.

The customers may be there, but the retailers may not be as on board. We'll see.

Excuse my ignorance, but does anyone know when Wave 2 and Wave 3 will be sold on shelves?

Since I don't live by any local comic shop, its tough getting my hands on the exclusive ones.

Not to mention, I'm willing to pre-order if that's possible.

It looks like MvC3 Series 2 should hit specialty stores and comic shops next month, and TRU the month after that. If you're willing to pay shipping, the specialty wave should be easy to get a hold of from online retailers. The TRU exclusives might be trickier to track down, but if you're in the U.S. you're already better off than the overseas collectors, and Toysrus.com will get stock in intermittently. (They sell out in short bursts.) Series 3 should be another month or two after that, but I believe Spring.

I have a question regarding the Marvel Vs Capcom product, I noticed the Hulk I got recently is from the Marvel Vs Capcom series, this was part of the TRU releases right? Does this mean that any TRU releases are non-UK? I got my Hulk from ebay and i'm really happy with him, also i know it sounds noob-ish asking but does it also mean future TRU packs are non-UK release as well?

I believe at this point, ALL Minimates releases are non-UK, due to product restrictions, and the Toys R Us exclusives are no exception. MvC3 Hulk was exclusive to TRU, but is similar to the Wave 41/TRU 11 Hulk.

This would probably be our only chance to get Rocket Raccoon (or is it......!) :tongue:

As long as he continues to exist in the comic book world, I'm sure his appearance in UMvC3 is not your only chance.

Hey,

Thanks for the replies, I know in the comic book store Forbidden Planet in Town I've see Minimates on the shelf, perhaps i should call them and see if they can get me them?

I don't mind so much that i have to do online orders, i'm used to buying online now anyway, i guess i'd rather know in advance than walk round retail stores or go to my TRU expecting them to be there :biggrin:

Would some online stores like BBTS or Luke get TRU ones in? Or would I have to contact someone in the USA to get me the TRU exclusives?

Rich

Hey,

Thanks for the replies, I know in the comic book store Forbidden Planet in Town I've see Minimates on the shelf, perhaps i should call them and see if they can get me them?

I don't mind so much that i have to do online orders, i'm used to buying online now anyway, i guess i'd rather know in advance than walk round retail stores or go to my TRU expecting them to be there :biggrin:

Would some online stores like BBTS or Luke get TRU ones in? Or would I have to contact someone in the USA to get me the TRU exclusives?

Rich

If your FP definitely carries some Minimates, I would see if they can get in what you need, but I'd be surprised if they get in TRU exclusives. That said, I know Luke's Toy Store orders TRU sets in limited amounts, and I believe he ships internationally. And I know that some of these guys have been helpful towards others, so make friends with the right blokes.

Just to confirm, I did a search for "Minimates" on the TRU UK site. 25 items, none of them Minimates.

Though it's too bad that each pack only comes with one display stand and that Trish's sword hilt is rubbery.

Hey Zach, are there any plans to sell these display stands that are coming with these two-packs? I believe these would be a great solution for those Minimates that like to stage dive.

Hey Zach, are there any plans to sell these display stands that are coming with these two-packs? I believe these would be a great solution for those Minimates that like to stage dive.

I think we were looking into it at one point. Not sure it's still under discussion.

Somebody is putting the sample case up at TRU.com again. MvC wave 2 is up. Sentinel and Taskmaster sets are already gone. I managed to get a Redfield and Viewtiful set and those two are still listed as in stock.

Edit - Now the Sentinel and Taskmaster sets are in stock as well. go go go order order order!!!

Edited by fwoosheyman

I think we were looking into it at one point. Not sure it's still under discussion.

I would second the idea of selling the stands, but at least would offer some feedback and say that I'd at least love to see these stands used when you guys display Minimates at shows and cons. I think they'd look better than seeing yellow tacky stuff under their feet. Not critisizing, just making an observation.

Somebody is putting the sample case up at TRU.com again. MvC wave 2 is up. Sentinel and Taskmaster sets are already gone. I managed to get a Redfield and Viewtiful set and those two are still listed as in stock.

Edit - Now the Sentinel and Taskmaster sets are in stock as well. go go go order order order!!!

I can’t wait to get Wolf and Rye to go with Mister Chief and Labegon in my collection!

i always thought that tru shipped only in us and now I learn that they ship in other countries too . As well as Greece.Then why did I use to buy tru through eBay and pay double price? Why,why? I hate second hand market.:(

I wasn't aware that TRU.com shipped ex-US, is this new?

Not that I know of. BRB, are you seeing Minimates at a TRU in Europe? Because that should be impossible.

I would second the idea of selling the stands, but at least would offer some feedback and say that I'd at least love to see these stands used when you guys display Minimates at shows and cons. I think they'd look better than seeing yellow tacky stuff under their feet. Not critisizing, just making an observation.

Great suggestion!