UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

i always thought that tru shipped only in us and now I learn that they ship in other countries too . As well as Greece.Then why did I use to buy tru through eBay a

nd pay double price? Why,why? I hate second hand market.:(

I wasn't aware that TRU.com shipped ex-US, is this new?

Not that I know of. BRB, are you seeing Minimates at a TRU in Europe? Because that should be impossible.

I would second the idea of selling the stands, but at least would offer some feedback and say that I'd at least love to see these stands used when you guys display Minimates at shows and cons. I think they'd look better than seeing yellow tacky stuff under their feet. Not critisizing, just making an observation.

Great suggestion!

No,I just checked the us site,put something's in the cart and when I proceeded to check out(to see if they ship in other countries) and I saw Greece and many other countries in the locations where they can ship.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No,I just checked the us site,put something's in the cart and when I proceeded to check out(to see if they ship in other countries) and I saw Greece and many other countries in the locations where they can ship.

I had no idea TRU.com shipped internationally. Is this new? Has nobody here ever tried this before? Do orders get cancelled?

Please, somebody order something, and let me know if it works.

Hey Zach, are there any plans to sell these display stands that are coming with these two-packs? I believe these would be a great solution for those Minimates that like to stage dive.

I think we were looking into it at one point. Not sure it's still under discussion.

I saw this on the Jan.23 Q&A:

Chuck, I really like the clear stands that you have been including in the Capcom vs. Marvel 3 two-packs and was wondering if DST had any plans on selling these stands individually? Perhaps in bags of 5, 10 or 20. It seems like most collectors have to resort to either using Lego base plates or Display Putty in order to keep their collections from falling down. These stands are a welcome solution to this problem. Thanks for you time. Jason

DSTChuck: We’ve talked about maybe selling stand at shows or on the web store but never got past the chat stage. Glad you like the bases – we were so happy to be able to do them!

Great suggestion!

Just trying to be helpful. Maybe it'll make up for any crap I've caused you.

And if we're discussing how screwed up TRU's checkout is, I'll add that I still cannot purchase anything on their site without Paypal. Whenever I try and checkout and enter my info, it loops back to my cart every time. They've looked into a couple times and just told me I can call any time and place an order by phone if I want. :rolleyes: For someone that spends thousands of dollars a year at their site, you'd think they'd be more willing to figure out why their site doesn't work properly.

Best of luck getting something shipped to you outside of the country-it'd be interesting to see how a bubble-wrapped package fairs on it's way overseas.

I had no idea TRU.com shipped internationally. Is this new? Has nobody here ever tried this before? Do orders get cancelled?

Please, somebody order something, and let me know if it works.

OK .....attempted :no: BRB may however know something I don't .

History:

For aliens like me the main hurdle with placing an order with TRU.com was the fact that they would never allow you to buy with a non-US address credit/debit card ........so I was f*cked until they introduced the Paypal option :biggrin:

I never ever thought I'd be grateful to Paypal but this then allowed me to order & pay without having a billing address in the US ...........however registering your shipping address was impossible because there is no option for entering a UK address. :(

I am fortunate enough to have superb support from member(s) here who allow me to use their US address as my shipping address ,I ship stuff to them & thence onward to me in the UK. :biggrin:

If there is another way PLEASE LMK.

i always thought that tru shipped only in us and now I learn that they ship in other countries too . As well as Greece.Then why did I use to buy tru through eBay and pay double price? Why,why? I hate second hand market.:(

I wasn't aware that TRU.com shipped ex-US, is this new?

I've tried in the past to order from Australia on TRU.com, with no luck :down:

Checked,international shipping is not offered.I was looking to the billing adress the whole time.I had my hopes up,far to up.I am destined to pay double price for the tru exclusives.Why are you punishing me almighty god,WHY? :GreyHulk:

Bill,I understand why you wouldn't read my posts but in this instance...

READ MY POST.

Checked,international shipping is not offered.I was looking to the billing adress the whole time.I had my hopes up,far to up.I am destined to pay double price for the tru exclusives.Why are you punishing me almighty god,WHY? :GreyHulk:

Bill,I understand why you wouldn't read my posts but in this instance...

READ MY POST.

I've read and it's a good solution but I prefer ordering right away through a website and in a two weeks time have it here. Not cause I don't trust the multiverse but because I don't want to get anyone get in trouble with packages and stuff. But if anyone is willing to help sometime I don't mind.

I've read and it's a good solution but I prefer ordering right away through a website and in a two weeks time have it here. Not cause I don't trust the multiverse but because I don't want to get anyone get in trouble with packages and stuff. But if anyone is willing to help sometime I don't mind.

Waiting for stuff is a drawback & can be frustrating but the benefits of actually getting stuff for a reasonable price outweighs this. Shipping charges to the EU/UK on small consignments from the US kills many a potential bargain .......gather,wait & then go big . The final further obstacle is customs charges .....the declared value (inc. shipping) of the consignment is taxed as it enters the EU.

I have used friends address in the past to order stuff in USA that isn't available to International customers, this applies both on retail sites like TRU or ebay sellers that opt not to ship internationally.

I'm sure if i wanted something badly enough i've now made enough of a positive impression that someone would be willing to help me out, having said that TRU is a massive company, I don't understand how people can sell stuff through ebay and sell internationally but TRU can't do it through their own site?? :lol:

I think Lego.com ship all over the world with the exception of some marked countries, they should do a similar policy so i can buy from them direct. Thankfully we have Luke's toy store and BBTS that list minimates otherwise i'd be gouged in pricing on evilbay! :biggrin:

Rich

Best of luck getting something shipped to you outside of the country-it'd be interesting to see how a bubble-wrapped package fairs on it's way overseas.

A certain unplanned ocean current study comes to mind. The bubble-wrap ought to keep everything afloat.

You know, I've always had an idea about this. What if we get a big ship, and install a plasma energy generator, and then cut a hole in the bow, and sail around the gyre scooping up trash and using it to power the ship?

See? lookit me... bein' all patient and not jumping at the sample case. Yep. Strong disciplined mind. That's me. Sure, I doubled up on my anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medication. But hey, a man's gotta do what he's gotta do right?

(no... I didn't really up my meds... I'm mentally unstable, not stupid.)

as opposed to me, who recently upped my meds by alot (doctors advice) i'm not so much stupid but i do now have Hamster Cheeks because i've been on steroids for 2 months. :lol:

Why is Zero listed as "Megaman Z"?

Because while Zero is in no way Mega Man... IE. He's a seperate character entirely. He does serve a similar function to Mega Man as a playable protagonist in many Mega Man X games... similar to Bass and Proto Man in the classic games.

SO, I assume for sales/marketing purposes... they call the toy "Mega Man Zero" to try to cash in on Mega Man's name by tricking people who aren't too up on the Mega Man franchise into thinking they're getting a Mega Man toy.

Name notoriety... basically.

Calling him Zero means nothing to people who haven't played Mega Man in decades, but maybe played Mega Man 1 2 and 3. To those same people, calling him "Mega Man Zero" makes people who played Mega Man as kids (todays collecting adults) say "OH! Mega Man! I played that when I was a kid, cool!" Or any old person who might be passingly familiar with the Mega Man franchise, but not familiar with Zero in particular... for whatever reason.

Which really all stands as a testament to why Mega Man should have been in the damn game in the first place, and not Zero.

*GrumbleGrumbleStillBitterAboutStupidZeroTakingMegaMan'sSpotGrumble*

As for why it says "Mega Man Z" I assume the "ero" just got cut off for some reason.

SO, I assume for sales/marketing purposes... they call the toy "Mega Man Zero" to try to cash in on Mega Man's name by tricking people who aren't too up on the Mega Man franchise into thinking they're getting a Mega Man toy.

I think it was just a placeholder when we were selling the figures to Toys R Us, used by someone not as familiar with the game to describe the figure to someone even less familiar with the game, and it stuck. Look at what happened with the Series 2 names on the site, although those are just typos, as far as I can tell.

There are more thorough forms we use now to provide info, and I tried to be accurate on the packaging. We call him "Zero" there, anyway. The SDCC set I take no responsibility for.