UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They might not be on their website because no one knows when they are being released.

Every time something new is shown on Diamond's Facebook page they always say they will be released Oct. 2011.....and someone always asks if there is a specific day and DST always says "sometime at the end of October, so keep checking."

:confused:

They might not be on their website because no one knows when they are being released.

Every time something new is shown on Diamond's Facebook page they always say they will be released Oct. 2011.....and someone always asks if there is a specific day and DST always says "sometime at the end of October, so keep checking."

:confused:

Sorry, guys, once we ship to TRU, we have no idea when they'll get from their warehouse to their stores, or even online. I figured end of the month was better than radio silence. If we kept bugging them every day, maybe we'd get a day or two's notice at most, but at what cost? AT WHAT COST?

For the record, I did have my hammer made long before it was a twinkle in DST's eyes (well, I'm just assuming that but wanted to use that phrase to seem older). Luke can even be my witness since he sold me the hammers awhile back. I'm just glad they thought of it also and everyone can have one, even if it doesn't look as good as one made with blood, sweat and tears. And I'm being literal there (I'm lethal with super glue and x-acto knives).

And I also assumed that the Super Skrull base will be tranlucent instead of white. He will look freaking sweet when he's released.

Assume translucent on a lot of production stuff. Possibly even that spinning hammer. When did you make your hammer, GH? I thought it made its debut for the Minimate photo contest.

Yay for MODOK. I hope that set gets a LCS release of some sort as the secondary market prices are going to go through the roof.

We may eventually revisit MODOK, but there will actually be more of him as a TRU exclusive than there will be of the LCS exclusive ladies in that wave.

If we kept bugging them every day, maybe we'd get a day or two's notice at most, but at what cost? AT WHAT COST?

Can you put a price on happiness? On sunshine and moonbeams? On the twinkle in a newborn baby's eyes?

I think you know what you must do.

When did you make your hammer, GH? I thought it made its debut for the Minimate photo contest.

I didn't show it until the contest, but I've had it since maybe early this year. I can't remember when, but I got a bunch of hammers from Luke Porter and put one together, then updated it a little before the contest. I wasn't going to show it until I finished this huge diorama scene I've got planned, but since it's taking so long (ie, I haven't started yet) I thought the contest was a nicer place to show it. I'm really looking forward to the one coming out though, especially since the one I have is fragile. Like me.

At first I was planning on skipping all of the MvC3 mates, but they are really starting to impress me. Akuma looks amazing. Modok is excellent as well. Thor's new cape and hammer are fantastic.

Will we get a modern Wolverine costume in a regular Marvel line? I'd love to get all of the X-Men's current looks at some point

At first I was planning on skipping all of the MvC3 mates, but they are really starting to impress me. Akuma looks amazing. Modok is excellent as well. Thor's new cape and hammer are fantastic.

Will we get a modern Wolverine costume in a regular Marvel line? I'd love to get all of the X-Men's current looks at some point

I can't believe people are asking for MORE Wolverines, but do you mean besides the one in the MvC3 Series 2 2-pack? Because that's pretty up-to-date, right? Also, I just found out that Wolverine comes with his mask in the Curse of the Mutants box set (AND has the mask-off hanging cowl bit, as well), and if you don't mind the fangs he's petty much a modern Wolverine figure.

We need another brown Wolverine, but we need him done right this time. That TRU version was sorely lacking. C'mon, that's arguably the most recognizable costume of DST's (and America's) #2 Marvel hero, but [Ned Beatty voice from Network]HE HAS NOT BEEN DONE JUSTICE, AND YOU SHALL REPENT!!!

. . .the one I have is fragile. Like me.

polls_simpsons_nelson_haha2_2918_427537_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Edited by karamazov80

I can't believe people are asking for MORE Wolverines, but do you mean besides the one in the MvC3 Series 2 2-pack? Because that's pretty up-to-date, right? Also, I just found out that Wolverine comes with his mask in the Curse of the Mutants box set (AND has the mask-off hanging cowl bit, as well), and if you don't mind the fangs he's petty much a modern Wolverine figure.

Ha. I guess I should clarify a little. Don't get me wrong, MvC3 Wolverine looks awesome and is pretty much up-to-date. The only thing he's missing is the X on his chest, but that does not bother me. I'm just saying, if I get Wolverine vs Viewtiful Joe, will I get another modern Wolverine packed with modern Cyclops in a modern X-Men wave a little later? Or should I not be so picky since I love Wolverine and I love Viewtiful Joe? Fine, Zach, you convinced me. I'll just buy it and still hope for more modern X-Men later... even if it means I'll end up with multiple modern Wolvies.

Ps- more Viewtiful Joe mates would be so radical! I would love to have Alastor as a minimate.

Anyone finding these yet, other than on ebay? An item number would be awesome.

Hulk/Hagar- 6-99788-70069-3

Mags/Zero- 6-99788-70068-6

(Those are the numbers on the upc. If there's another number to look for, let me know.)

I forgot to check the others for their numbers, but I don't think it'll take rocket science to figure it out. The great news is that everything was evenly packed, so it's 3 sets per case. Very welcome. The bad news is that their were some QC issues. 2 of the 3 Hulks had some small discoloration/splocthes on their chests. It may easily come off. One Magneto was missing half of his chest tampo:

IMG_20111027_142829.jpg

and one Iron Man had a weird facial scar:

IMG_20111027_142822.jpg

I only picked up a Magneto/Zero set for myself and a Hulk/Hagar set for another board member. The exclusive stickers are in the top left between Ryu and Wolverine.

Edited by Turtle

Turtle–

There's a six-digit number that should show up next to the item on the receipt. IIRC, it should be the same for all of them.

That's really a bummer about Magneto if that's a across-the-line error (which, being a tampo thing, I suspect it is). I like that the color palette recalls the old Secret Wars figure, and was planning to use that one as my new display Magneto. :(

Edited by Lobsterman

There's a six-digit number that should show up next to the item on the receipt. IIRC, it should be the same for all of them.

This seems like as good of time as any to post this, but my receipts from TRU never have the item number printed, just the UPC for each pack. Do others actually get the item number on the receipt too? Maybe it is a regional thing?

I can't say I'm surprised by the quality of the minimates based on the images shown. But on the upside, they will be out before the game comes out. That's a big plus. They should have these in the video game section too to help boost sales.

And I don't think the receipts ever had the SKU number. I always check via a price scanner. You know, if I remember and not run out the store in my giddiness of finding exclusives.