UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

I'm almost sure i would be completely happy without another P2 box set for the rest of the line . . . I say almost, because that newly announced F4 skin for he-Hulk looks pretty awesome . . . :tongue: But i'm not sure i need a brown Amaterasu, Pink Felecia & Brown Wolverine to go with it.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually something along the lines Punisher-Cap or Red Guardian and Doom 2099 would be welcome too.

I'm almost sure i would be completely happy without another P2 box set for the rest of the line . . . I say almost, because that newly announced F4 skin for he-Hulk looks pretty awesome . . . :tongue: But i'm not sure i need a brown Amaterasu, Pink Felecia & Brown Wolverine to go with it.

Actually something along the lines Punisher-Cap or Red Guardian and Doom 2099 would be welcome too.

I'd definitely buy Punisher-Cap and Doom 2099.

Don't forget Ultimate Magneto and Age of X Hulk. But I do agree about 50% of the Capcom pallets are made up/to fit a theme rather than being an alternative costume worn by the character (one of Zero's in UMvC3 references his pallet/look from the excellent Mega Man Zero series) or referencing a friend, ally, sibling or foe (all of Zero's other costumes).

I know I shouldn't encourage more redos, but still....

Technically most of the alternative costumes for the Marvel characters are valid alternative costumes, even if it's just Doom-in-red/white/dark blue (for example). I understand the frustration about having 2,000 Wolverines in our collection but in my eyes if the costume originates from the comics and ISN'T the 25th version of the classic Spidey costume (my opinion of it has actually gone DOWN thanks to DST re-using it so much) with a bit of battle damage then I'm all for it. I love the fact Spidey has worn so many different costumes and look forward to having them as minimates.

Having said that, I wouldn't say no to a boxset based around the War Of The Gems pallets we're getting in UMvC3.

Oh wow - there is still quite a list of decent possible characters after all.

Well, i wouldn't saw 'no' to any of the following, BUT a lot of them are simple palet swaps and not totally 616 accurate.

Punisher Cap - looks mostly ok, but has no strappy-pocketed bullet holding things

Red Guard - no fin on the head, but rather CapA 'wings'

F4 She Hulk (Classic Blue & White) - :thumbsup: one of the few that would work well

Red She Hulk - no costume held together with belts

Bulked up Grey Hulk - :thumbsup:

Doom 2099 - no spikes.chest armour

Ultimate Magneto - Helmet would be the 616 version.

MODAM - :thumbsup:

X-Men X-23 - no wrist gauntlets

Future Foundation Doom - :thumbsup:

Ultimate Hawkeye - so many things are wrong with this one

White Iron Fist - collar issues

So while it has been a fun way to get a couple of comic accurate 616 alternate costumes like White Phoenix, Bulked up Rulk & x-Deadpool, because it's mostly simple colour swaps, most of the remaining desirable alternate costumes wouldn't be accurate to the comics and would probably irk a lot of fan boys.

Edited by Nessex

Condescend much?

The last we people heard, Series 1 had been pushed back to December. More information should be coming next weekend. Hope we people were helpful. Now if you'll excuse us people, we people have a tangent to get back to.

Yeah fwooshy but didn't Zach say in the NYCC thread last week that they just found out about a delay?

edit- Probably wrong, cause I can't find it now, but I swear I read that on the board somewhere last week.

Edited by Mirymate

... oh, and 3 or 4 of those silver knight fella's. I'd like an army builder of just those. :)

You will refer to Arthur by name, dammit!

title_arthur.gif

I don't think Johnny meant any offense gents, felt like light-hearted jest to me.

I think the Saget avatar puts people on edge, so they're more likely to respond to his posts negatively.

Edited by karamazov80

Yeah fwooshy but didn't Zach say in the NYCC thread last week that they just found out about a delay?

edit- Probably wrong, cause I can't find it now, but I swear I read that on the board somewhere last week.

Right info, wrong thread. ;)

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=1642&view=findpost&p=201632

Hearing now that Marvel vs. Capcom Series 1 has been pushed back significantly, to December. Hope that frees up some wallets for UM.

Hahah you guys took me in an offensive manner? Jeeze louise, I thought adding "lol" and "hahaha" would show that I'm not condescending or being rude in any manner, I was literally laughing at how easily everyone goes off on tangents when toys are the topic, and how they usually turn to wish lists. I've done it like a million times...I meant no malice. And for the love of God, I see "you people" offending people for race and what not but not toy collectors! Hahaha my bad guys, no I wasn't being negative in the least, just laughing. Thanks for the info, I'm just excited to get these soon.

And seriously, maybe I took for granted that I've been on toy boards since like...02, and I forget when I'm relatively new, but never ever take me seriously, I am a light-hearted, jovial man and I love everyone.

Johnny, it was the phrase "you people" that cast your comments in such a condesending light to me. If you couldn't tell, it hit me just wrong last night and I am sorry I overreacted. And I do really hope we answered the question as best we could.

Johnny, it was the phrase "you people" that cast your comments in such a condesending light to me. If you couldn't tell, it hit me just wrong last night and I am sorry I overreacted. And I do really hope we answered the question as best we could.

It's cool man, I just thought it was ludicrous enough to use "you people" in a condescending manner on a toy board that I'm a member of that it would be seen as a really obvious joke. My bad. Yes, the question was answered and I appreciate it although I don't like the answer.

You people never like the answers. :) Before I think about more P2 versions, I'd like to see some P1 characters. I get that delays happen, but it would have been nice for the line to launch around the same time as the SDCC sets. Not very synergistic. It's like a Ryu with no Ken. A Chun with no Li.

Edited by Turtle