UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up Magneto/Zero and Deadpool/Dante today in Southern Ohio. Both sets are very cool and highly recommended. All four look amazing and the accessories are nice to have (four guns with the Deadpool/Dante pack!). I didn't see any QC issues with any of the packs at my TRU, so hopefully that's good news for everyone.

While I was there, I also picked up a Stealth MAX Jet. It's freakin awesome, too. Great day for me and minimates.

Edited by nate_studio

My TRU had all of them but I had to zero in on 2 of the 4 for financial reasons. The Proton Cannon is pretty sweet. I was surprised at how much I liked the Megaman guy.. and I love how these packs are loaded with extras.. Magneto in flight looks pretty cool. Bring on MODOK!

And the Hulk is a slightly lighter green than MEGA-RAGE Hulk.

I thought the Hulk in this series was a darker shade of green than the previous mega Hulk and now I can say my assumptions were correct.

:huh:

Maybe brighter is a better word. To me the MvC3 Hulk looked lighter and more vibrant, but I'll be the first to admit that I could be wrong. It could just have been the box art throwing me off.

And the Hulk is a slightly lighter green than MEGA-RAGE Hulk.

I thought the Hulk in this series was a darker shade of green than the previous mega Hulk and now I can say my assumptions were correct.

:huh:

Maybe brighter is a better word. To me the MvC3 Hulk looked lighter and more vibrant, but I'll be the first to admit that I could be wrong. It could just have been the box art throwing me off.

I thought I might have looked at it wrong after I saw your quote Turtle, but I had my wife look at it and she said the Marvel vs. Capcom mate is definitely a darker shade of green. I will post a comparison picture when I get a chance to do so.

(The only other difference I noticed was that this Hulk's mouth is open)

All of the MvC sets are in stock at TRU.com

Sweet!! I just checked!!

Went to purchase....$5 shipping = $12.49

Checked Bank account - $9.44

Me = :wallbash::verymad:

Oh, wait, no. That was you too, huh?

Yup....I'm gonna have to find these in store cause I refuse to pay that much in shipping.....especially on my budget.

As others have said, these are really outstanding 'mates. I picked up a set over the weekend and am now even more excited for waves 2 & 3 (and beyond?).

I'm kind of a Megaman junkie, so I'm fiddling with Zero a bit, as I think his construction could have been a little better (ponytail attached to helmet with some kind of joint for posability; shoulderpad box things separated instead of one piece with chest cap; second non-buster arm piece), but overall I'm pretty happy. I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but there are a few subtle differences between this Zero and the blue "Megaman" version from the SDCC set. This release has the little kneecap shields sculpted onto the boots rather than painted onto the upper legs. He also has the ear caps sculpted on the helmet, where the SDCC one had them tampoed on. I'm curious why they created new tools for those pieces for variations that (IMHO) diminished the figure. The Zero with the sculpted parts is a lot truer to the character and seems like a higher-quality piece overall.

Edited by Lobsterman

I don't know if this has been asked already... there's like 40+ pages of thread to go through here, so it may very well have, but um...

Why do Hulk and Haggar come with a Nightcrawler BAMF base? I assume it's supposed to simulate like... dust kicking up or something, but I don't own Marvel vs Capcom 3, so I can't verify that for myself.

Which character does it even go with?

Edited by Gillbob316

I don't know if this has been asked already... there's like 40+ pages of thread to go through here, so it may very well have, but um...

Why do Hulk and Hagar come with a Nightcrawler BAMF base? I assume it's supposed to simulate like... dust kicking up or something, but I don't own Marvel vs Capcom 3, so I can't verify that for myself.

Which character does it even go with?

i dont know much about haggar but i do know he has some sort of charge attack that kicks up dust behind him (though im horrible at using it :P )

I'd like to ask everyone who has any of the bulked up hulk figures to take a moment and evaluate something for me...

I noticed on my MvC3 Hulk, the upper leg covering on his left leg doesn't quite seem to cover the whole upper leg well. It has a "divit" (for lack of a better word) on the bottom that leaves some of the actual leg exposed underneith.

Upon flipping him around, it seems on his right leg, the divit is in back, and helps accomidate the articulation in his knee.

SOOOO... the conclusion I'm drawing is that it's the same piece flipped around. Now, that said, my natural line of thought leads me to wonder... do all hulks use the same piece on both legs, or is this a mixup, and my particular hulk has a right leg covering on both legs?

Now, upon examining pictures on MinimateDatabase... it seems the Bulked Up wave 41 Hulk on that site also has a right leg covering on his left leg... but interestingly enough, it appears his MvC3 Red Hulk might have a left leg covering on his right leg...

Soooooooooo...

I'd ask that everyone take a close look at the upper leg coverings of their various bulked up hulks. Do they appear to match up flushly on both legs for anyone? Are there actually different pieces for the right and left legs?

And if so... and my MvC3 Hulk indeed does have 2 right leg coverings, and no left leg covering... perhaps we could arrange some trades to get everyone's hulk legs squared away?