UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

Not to be a downer, but of the local TRUs, one isn't carrying MvC at all and the other just isn't selling MvC. Maybe the holiday rush will help move things.

How was yours put out on pegs at the tru it didn't sell?At mine they where in the middle of a bunch of misc toy's.I Probabbly passed by it 4 times before I saw them.That might be a factor on why they might not be flying off shelves.

They're with all of the Marvel, Movie, MAX, and GB Minimates. Monsters are on an endcap on the aisle, and the rest of the video game 'mates are on the opposite side of the same aisle. I'll be out that way again tomorrow, so I'll check the status.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno if there are any other people here from PR, but Plaza's TrU has multiple wave 1 on shelves and only one Deadpool/Dante set.

Also looking forward that MODOK (don't care much about Akuma) and Dormammu. Here's hoping they make a Shuma-Gorath minimate.

That's annoying. I really like the new Akuma and Thor/Amaterasu both look awesome (never really cared for MODOK. TBH I think he's a waste of space in the roster).

I wonder if Doom comes with the Doom chair...

Really? You think MODOK is a waste of space when he is the only Marvel character in Wave 3 to never have a MiniMate yet? Totally respect your opinion, just surprised to hear that feedback.

My feedback about MODOK: great choice, but he never smiles in the comics as far as I know... I'm more used to seeing him grim and creepy. I guess the grinning figure and his appearance in the game are more about celebrating his current popularity as a "what were they thinking?"/retro/ironic appreciation thing given that he's a big weird head with dangling baby limbs.

On a creepy/weird character tangent, Arnim Zola seems to be riding a similar wave... his sortof-appearance in the Cap film has presumably fueled his "toy onslaught" with the recently announced Bowen bust, MiniMate, and upcoming Marvel Legends Build-a-Figure.

Iron Man stripped . . . based off the pics I didn't like the Iron Man and was going to pass on him, but once I saw it I had to have it. It's a great Iron Man overall and looks really good on the shelf, plus he comes with a giant gun (there's a trigger underneath he can hold)

post-6300-0-19641900-1321909838_thumb.jp

Edited by Martini World

Iron Man stripped . . . based off the pics I didn't like the Iron Man and was going to pass on him, but once I saw it I had to have it. It's a great Iron Man overall and looks really good on the shelf, plus he comes with a giant gun (there's a trigger underneath he can hold)

Thank you for the quick pic, Martini World!

That's annoying. I really like the new Akuma and Thor/Amaterasu both look awesome (never really cared for MODOK. TBH I think he's a waste of space in the roster).

I wonder if Doom comes with the Doom chair...

Really? You think MODOK is a waste of space when he is the only Marvel character in Wave 3 to never have a MiniMate yet? Totally respect your opinion, just surprised to hear that feedback.

Please appreciate I came into this line of minimates as a fighting game fan first, and a minimate collector second (though I am loving the fact the license has been acquired). When MODOK was announced for the game I let out a huge groan, especially when a large number of personal favorites from MvC2 had yet to be confirmed/dis-confirmed and the roster had yet to show anything really interesting and original (i.e. how about characters from Rival Schools, Onimusha, Street Fighter III, Power Stone etc.). With regards to the line in general, I'm more interested in the Capcom characters, unless the Marvel one is a much needed re-release, new (and ideally interests me personally) or a chance for a yet-to-be released costume to get used.

I came into MvC kinda the smae way. I'm using it to fill charater gaps in Marvel collection and also to grab characters who really need to be updated (the new She Hulk shames the old one)

I really dig the Capcom ones and they're a welcome addition, especially since I got the SDCC Player 2 versions. Having the variants just gives it a little something extra especially if you're not really familar with the Capcom character line

Edited by Martini World

they make you buy minimates?

Sets that are sold out, and that came out while I stepped away from the industry for a couple years? And are awesome? Yes.

I rarely see Marvel Minimates that old at TRU. Must have fallen behind a shelf.

Also picked up Slimeblower Ray and Theater Ghost, but that's a tale for a different thread.

they make you buy minimates?

Sets that are sold out, and that came out while I stepped away from the industry for a couple years? And are awesome? Yes.

I rarely see Marvel Minimates that old at TRU. Must have fallen behind a shelf.

Also picked up Slimeblower Ray and Theater Ghost, but that's a tale for a different thread.

Hey Zack, make sure you check out the trade thread; I'm sure that there are many of us that would be happy to help you get caught up. Not me, mind you, but... other guys. ;)

I was on the fence with this set until I saw that Tony came with the BFG That was a nice touch and I never thought of using the flight stand to hold it!). That makes way more sense that using it to put Arthur into an awkward, lance-chucking jump pose (bit it isn't as fun). I wonder what Dante and Deadpool did to be the only figs in the set to not get any display stands. :-\

Please appreciate I came into this line of minimates as a fighting game fan first, and a minimate collector second (though I am loving the fact the license has been acquired). When MODOK was announced for the game I let out a huge groan, especially when a large number of personal favorites from MvC2 had yet to be confirmed/dis-confirmed and the roster had yet to show anything really interesting and original (i.e. how about characters from Rival Schools, Onimusha, Street Fighter III, Power Stone etc.). With regards to the line in general, I'm more interested in the Capcom characters, unless the Marvel one is a much needed re-release, new (and ideally interests me personally) or a chance for a yet-to-be released costume to get used.

Makes sense... For the record I'd like to see more Street Fighter MiniMates for sure, and the Capcom fighting game geek in me would love to see Warzard/Red Earth characters as well, because there is something wrong with me. :) But for this license (which DST has stated is MvC3-specific), where almost every character is getting made, the only Marvel replacement option for MODOK would have been Shuma Gorath (or Galactus I guess), which I suppose given your logic you would have preferred due to his previous appearances in fighting games. I would still like to see Shuma Gorath. Seems like that one and Tron Bonne might have been too challenging from a design perspective, thus their omission. But who knows... wasn't there some casual mention at some point about a possible fourth wave? Characters left:

Marvel: Shuma Gorath, Galactus

Capcom: Tron Bonne, Hsien-Ko

+some core character costume variants?

We all have our own biases... I would have much rather a MODOK, one of Marvel's great B-list villians, than Shuma Gorath, a minor demon with only a handful of appearances and makes Sin-Eater look like headlining A-lister by comparison. But then, I'm a comic book guy who see's Gorath's 'fame' in the CapCom games as a novelty at best.

Of course in a perfect world, we could get both.

And Blackheart.

Edited by Mirymate

I really, really hope we get a wave 4 with UMvC characters before DST wraps this up. We could get one more complete wave and a few more boxed sets to cover the awesome DLC costumes (UDON Taskmaster, i'm talking about you).

Wave 4:

Dr. Strange/Phoenix Wright

Hawkeye/Vergil

TRU Exclusives:

Iron Fist/Frank West

Rocket Raccoon/Strider

LCS Exclusives:

Hsien-Ko/Nova

Ghost Rider/Nemesis

That way the there are only two characters left unmade, Shuma Gorath and Firebrand, both of which DST wouldn't dare to attempt anyways.

That way the there are only two characters left unmade, Shuma Gorath and Firebrand, both of which DST wouldn't dare to attempt anyways.

We used to say Modok would never be made...

DST has shown a lot of innovation and growth with making characters from Marvel, Halo, Ghostbusters, etc. I wouldn't put it past them.

Especially since you've thrown down the gauntlet.

Makes sense... For the record I'd like to see more Street Fighter MiniMates for sure, and the Capcom fighting game geek in me would love to see Warzard/Red Earth characters as well, because there is something wrong with me. :) But for this license (which DST has stated is MvC3-specific), where almost every character is getting made, the only Marvel replacement option for MODOK would have been Shuma Gorath (or Galactus I guess), which I suppose given your logic you would have preferred due to his previous appearances in fighting games.

I'm a HUGE fan of Street Fighter games aren't part of the series of re-iterations of SFII, and would even go so far as to say SFIII's roster > SFII as I felt Capcom really did some great new designs and interesting takes on existing fighting styles (saying Alex or Hugo is a Geif clone or Dudley a Boxer clone (baring in mind he's called M Bison in Japan and Balrog in the west) is like saying Ice is water - there are similarities, sure but arguebly far more in the way of differences). Plus Juri and Hakan are two of the best characters to come out of SFIV, and I am annoyed C Viper got in instead of either of them.

And then there's the fact Capcom seemed to ignore a lot of their franchises. Sure, Hagger, Arthur, Dante and Viewtiful Joe were great additions but do we really need Trish AND Virgil? Jill, Nemesis, Chris AND Wesker (I always prefered Onimusha to the Resi series)? What about people who may want an Onimusha representative, a SFIII rep, some of the more obscure fan favouriets from MvC2 (i.e. Captain Commando (whom I mained), Jin and Hayato), a Power Stone rep, Red Earth/Warzard characters (the main reason I got Capcom Fighting Jam/Evolution) and maybe someone from Rival Schools. As much as I want and can't wait for this line, the fact there are SOOO many characters I'd have put in instead of the Resi Evil reps add salt to the wound.

And as for MODOK, I'd have personally used Blackheart, Thanos or a new villain instead of him. I've never really cared for the character and stopped following "Marvel What The...?" when every ep started to be about him. Much like the SFII roster, I personally fall into the "Over use kills interest" kind of people.

The more Darkstalkers characters, the better. :yes:

Quoted for truth. I always felt the SF/DS wave was a great idea; just a shame it never lasted.

The more Darkstalkers characters, the better. :yes:

Yeah I was bummed when Hsien-Ko didn't make the W3 lineups. Really hoping DST closes the loop here.

Same, and add my main J. Talbain not getting released in SF/DS Wave 2.