UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but he isn't in MvC3. . .yet. He might be downloadable later, and since they supposedly have the MvC2 license, he could be coming from that game. But so far, all the announcements have been existing MvC3 characters, which Megaman is not.

Funny that the short packed 2-pack is the only one with completely new characters. We've seen Phoenix, Iron Man, and Deadpool multiple times already, as well as a couple of Morrigan variants.

I meant "funny haha" :(

S'okay. I'm just a tad bitter since the Dormammu is the only set I want. I might pick up a Phoenix since she's yellow (and not gold) and green, which'd display better with the Dark Phoenix from years ago... but overall I'm really underwhelemed with how the selection has turned out. Another Deadpool and another hardly poseable Iron Man do not brighten my day.

*shrugs*

I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm glad that Deadpool won't be hard to find due to the case pack ratio. I got on the MM bandwagon late, so I missed out on the previous black and red Deadpools (I only have the one from the new X-Force set) and those go for too much online. However, I am disappointed that Dormammu is short-packed since he looks so sweet and I wouldn't mind picking one up. Just need a Dr. Strange to go with him though :/

I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm glad that Deadpool won't be hard to find due to the case pack ratio. I got on the MM bandwagon late, so I missed out on the previous black and red Deadpools (I only have the one from the new X-Force set) and those go for too much online. However, I am disappointed that Dormammu is short-packed since he looks so sweet and I wouldn't mind picking one up. Just need a Dr. Strange to go with him though :/

Luke's Toy Store has the Heroes and Adversaries box set, which includes a red and black Deadpool.

Luke's Toy Store has the Heroes and Adversaries box set, which includes a red and black Deadpool.

Thanks for the heads up, I may just pick that up! I don't really need another spidey or wolverine, but Venom and DP make that set quite tempting.

• 2 weeks later...

Sooooo back at the start of this, right around the announcement/unannouncement of this line at Toy Fair DST had a contest in which the prize was a piece of concept art from this new property. MMMV member and all around great guy murderofcrows was the winner of the contest. Through even more awesomeness on his part that particular piece of art arrived in my mailbox this morning and will soon be behind glass hanging on the wall. Here is a link to the facebook album - note that you do not have to have a facebook account to see these...enjoy!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150255408623573.379528.549558572&l=b4c84cbcf4

Jeff of the Miniacs

• 3 weeks later...

Two new Art Asylum blogs. One about the SDCC exclusive (which most will have seen in the appropriate thread) and another about the line up for the Specialty Store and TRU Wave 1:

Marvel vs. Capcom Minimates: Specialty Wave 1 vs. Toys “R” Us Wave 1: Fight!

In a nut shell:

Specialty Store Exclusive:

- Dark Phoenix VS Morrigan (”Darkstalkers”)

- Dormammu VS Trish (”Devil May Cry”)

Toys “R” Us Exclusive:

- Magneto VS Mega Man Zero (from “Mega Man”)

- Hulk VS Mike Haggar (”Final Fight”)

Both venues will get:

- Iron Man VS Arthur (”Ghosts ‘n’ Goblins”)

- Deadpool VS Dante (”Devil May Cry”)

mvc_series1_tru_1.jpg

mvc_series1_spec_1.jpg

I'm liking Hagger (yay, another SF minimate!) and his pipe is a great accessory and even though we saw P2 Arthur, great to finally see the P1 version (though where is his lance...?).

Edited by pawcanada

I have a feeling all of the Marvel retreads are gonna be the Death of this line, and not just the P2 figures. Seriously, I mean, yeah, most of the costumes are based off of ones that have already BEEN 'Mates, so that's kind of hard to fix, but I'd rather not have so many of them at once. On the brighter side, hooray, Haggar! :D

Cool trivia- Haggar is based in part on pro wrestler Randy "Macho Man" Savage. His name is Mike "Macho" Haggar and his victory screen has him put his daughter on his shoulder similar to The way Macho Man put his showgirl on his shoulder after a victorious bout.

Haggar is also a mayor (in politics similar to pro wrestler turned governor Jesse Ventura) and resembles WWE Hall of Fame pro wrestler "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, who often beat opponents with a two-by-four and a metal pipe.

I'm still surprised that Wolverine, Spidey, or Ryu did not make the starting lineup. Not that I care, but surprised they are keeping the big guns for later.

But it would have been fun to keep the pairings like the MvC3 trailers. Iron Man vs Morrigan. Ryu vs Wolverine. Hulk vs Chris Redfield.

I'll give credit where it's due, they've put a solid effort into these and they look good, I just wish Dormammu and possibly MODOK weren't the only new Marvel characters we were getting out of this deal, almost every other Marvel character in this series has not only been done before, but done recently.

I'm surprised that Magneto's going to TRU, considering that they just had what looks to be the exact same figure a few months ago, and I expect he'll still be readily available when these hit. Plus, as a guy who's LCBS has stopped carrying Minimates, I'm super bummed that Dormamuu's going the direct market route. More money for Luke, I guess. :biggrin:

Anyone else notice that the babes are all going to specialty stores? Think that's something TRU requested?

I hope, when these are actually released, that Deadpool doesn't have a painted-on shoulder straps. That would be lame. Well, I've already got the Deadpool I need, so I probably won't be buying that anyway. I'm just thinking about the rest of y'all. :lol: