UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 38 "Shadowland" series

elhonez

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up this wave today and it's all good. :thumbsup:

No weird colored flesh plastic, no paint issues, definitely from the "good factory".

Hand Ninja comes loaded with accessories (two sais, bow/arrow, sword) and two sets of feet/hands. You can really change the look of the figure to whatever you prefer.

Hi everybody. Just wanted to give a quick update. I'm not at home, so I can't post any pics. But here's a quick rundown / first opinion of wave 38.

• Hand Ninja: This sucker comes loaded and I mean loaded with accessories. Some good and one bad. The bad being the sword accessory. It's the one that came with Blade and Betsy Bradock. I personally wish he'd have come with the puny katanas we've been getting as of late. Also included are a bow and arrow, 2 sais, 2 sai holders (the same that came with the TRU Bullseye). He also comes equiped with 2 spare flesh colored hands and 2 red feet. The minimate itself is reusing the new Iron Fist taped hands and Ares armored boots. Oh ya, there also a quiver glued on the back of his tunic (which is a reuse of lady Deathstrike). He's also wearing Moon Knights hood and Phoenix's sash. There isn't one original pice on this guy. But.... it is a great kit bashed army builder. My only real gripe is the new crotch pice that limits his hip range of motion. The oversized IF hands actually hold the katana much nicer than the standard minimate hand. 9 / 10
  • White Tiger (classic): A very vanilla minimate. All white plastic with detailed tampos. His feet are painted white instead of white plastic as are his gloves (TRU Shatterstar's). No accessories. It a boring variant, but he is what he is. 8 / 10
  • White Tiger (current): Pretty much the same description as classic White Tiger. White plastic body with detailed tampos. Painted white minimate hands and feet. I don't recognize her belt accessory, but it could be a reuse. Her hair is a reuse of Jewels (the minimate, not the singer :tongue: ). The tampos on her forearm are kind of fuzzy compared to the rest of her detailing. 7 / 10
  • Evil Daredevil: A pretty decent minimate. DD has a brand new mask. The horns are a bit longer and set a little lower on the brow than the previous version. Gone are the sculpted eys on the mask and replaced wih tampos. DD also comes with 2 sliver gauntlet thingys. I'm not familiar with this costume, so I'm not sure if they are comic accurate. They look like weapons to me. Can somebody confrim this. He has a red thigh strap on his left leg (same as 90's Cyclops) and come equiped with 2 red billy stick batons. Almost forgot, he comes with a Kyle Reese hairpiece. 8 / 10
  • Elektra: This one is the gem of the series. Hard to believe this is only the 3rd Elektra minimate since her first 2 versions way back from series 1. Brand new hair / bandana piece (which actually doesn't hinder her head movement) and new loincloth sculpt. She has clean paint apps and detailed breasts tampos. She comes equiped with her 2 sais. 10 / 10

Iron Fist and BT Spidey were showcased in another thread, so I won't bother with a revue.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Picked up the full wave and the Thor wave; blows Thor out of the water completely. One of the best waves in a while just in terms of quality. Elektra was most definitely fixed as well, and is my favorite of the set slowly creeping to one of my favorite minimates of all time. Put her with the Hand ninjas and she's perfect.

Now i wish we had a better Daredevil.....sighhhhhhhh....

Now i wish we had a better Daredevil.....sighhhhhhhh....

Personally, I just think it's Daredevil. He's never been particularly "WOW" in the looks department and his minimates reflect this.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

alright here we GO:

P1040352.jpg

P1040353.jpg

P1040354.jpg

here is ironfist without his mask and spiderman with his web

P1040355.jpg

some side by side action!

P1040350.jpg

all dressed up

P1040351.jpg

with all his stuff (and still a bad A$$)

i got to say the hand ninja is awesome both suited up and with out. so cool in fact that i picked up an extra on the way home! now to try and build an army. if any can help me check out me wants/have ;)

Anybody get the classic White Tiger? Any issues with him?

He's 3 months overdue on his rent and hasn't made a child support payment in 4 months. Just kidding. Check out my revue on the previous page. The Hector White Tiger is surprsingly plain for a variant. No real quality control issues.

Anybody get the classic White Tiger? Any issues with him?

He's 3 months overdue on his rent and hasn't made a child support payment in 4 months. Just kidding. Check out my revue on the previous page. The Hector White Tiger is surprsingly plain for a variant. No real quality control issues.

Glad to hear no QC issues. This is the only really figure in this set that I'm 100% excited for. Yes, I'm happy about the Hand Ninja... but who needs more than 1 current White Tiger?

I'd prolly be more amped if we got a revision of the red classic DD and extra parts to make classic Iron Fist.

Yeah, I know... bitch, bitch, bitch. ;)

Thanks for the reviews, Mini_Myte, and the pics, MaxCarnage. The Hand Ninja looks absolutely incredible. Based on the pics, this looks like one of those less-is-more waves that ends up being a surprise hit. Everyone looks really good. The nice, clean simplicity of the Minimate form makes the embellishments really stand out.

(first off i know alot of people have posted pics, i dont care i enjoy taking pics and i will take more when i get home) here are a few QUICK pics of matt and his troops and some pics of the hand ninjas.

shadowland.jpg

matt-1.jpg

ninja.jpg

hand.jpg

also what am i supposed to do with these? :P

tiger.jpg

i could have justified it if they had peg holes in their heads. anyway my hand ninjas have somewhat loose feet, but when i switched the feet around they seemed to stay

EDIT: also @ MINIMYTE the blades on DD are on his shadowland costume..though i think their supposed to look like shuriken (i cant remember at the moment)

Edited by robomate