UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates ending...?

GrimZata99

There was speculation a while back that Marvel might be dying out (as I recall, this was shortly before the Avengers #1 box set was announced), but that turned out to be unwarranted. Last year might have been the most productive year for Marvel Minimates yet.

The "idea" of minimates ending, due to there being no wave 38 announced is pretty slim. My theory on the lack of announcements is probably because we are getting 7 more box sets this year/early next year. that's alot of mates. the fact that we've seen package shots of some of the newer ones, leads me to believe that all the energy has gone into these releases. I'm sure we'll get info @ NYCC.

The amazing thing is that I just did a Google search for "Marvel Minimates ending", and this very thread was the first hit. It's so meta it must be true.

Wait, so. . .GrimZata is actually "That Guy," and through a hiccup in time encountered a thread he himself started, and started a new thread based on a vague recollection of viewing that thread, which he actually created the thread in the first place? *Keaunu Reeves voice*--Whoa.

Edited by karamazov80

I had hoped that TBT would have waded in by now & just slapped this thread on the head. <_<

Marvel Minimates will undoubtedly end because all toy-lines end ,even those toy-lines that are officially 'The longest running collector line in toy history ' http://www.battlegrip.com/?p=21053

The standard 'press release' statement that accompanies that link to Wave 37 could easily be interpretted by Knobhead & his listener that we draw near to the 'END' of Marvel Minimates .

Someone once said.... "Now this is not the end,it is not even the beginning of the end but it is ,perhaps, the end of the beginning" :blink:

Edited by buttheadsmate

My only real fear about Marvel Minimates ending is that, with Disney's recent purchase of Marvel, they may decide to eventually end some licensing agreements. But the MM box set coming to the Disney Store has put those fears to rest for me, at least for the moment. So I think they're fine.

Perhaps "Some Guy" was one of those end-times profits, predicting (accurately, I suspect) that Marvel Minimates would not survive the apocalypse. I'm pretty sure that's in Genesis.

The amazing thing is that I just did a Google search for "Marvel Minimates ending", and this very thread was the first hit. It's so meta it must be true.

Wait, so. . .GrimZata is actually "That Guy," and through a hiccup in time encountered a thread he himself started, and started a new thread based on a vague recollection of viewing that thread, which he actually created the thread in the first place? *Keaunu Reeves voice*--Whoa.

You heard it here first.

:lol: It doesn't matter what line you collect, there always seems to be a rumor that the line is ending. I'm like MinifiendUK and just can't keep up with the line at the moment.

Eleventy billion points

Eleventy billion points

Is it *iced* tea?

This reminds me very much of one of my favorite lines from Futurama which went something like, "Oh sure, let's all take advice on not polluting the time line from Mr. I'm my own Grampa!"

LOL

Guess the word is out. Last I heard, DST was going to announce this at NYCC. I wonder who leaked it to Some Guy.

Ivan I need you to say this is a joke. I mean I know it is a joke I just need to see you confirm it. ;)

I really am not prepared for the end of Marvel mates. Over the years I have drifted from one collectible to another and as far as "new" toys go Marvel Minimates are my hands down all time favorite line I have ever collected.

ohh yes there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth when the subject of this thread really does become a reality.

I could use an official confirmation of this as well. :(

I'm figuring it's just a joke or rumor or bool-sheet... but man, if not for minimates, I wouldn't buy toys other than the occasional one. These've replaced Marvel Legends, DC Direct, etc. and have for a long, long time.

I hope they never stop making new minimates, Marvel and every other kind.

I can officially confirm that more Marvel minimates are in the works, so don't worry. :)

Yeah, I did hear through the grapevine they would do a couple more "thank you" waves before wrapping things up. I think some of you will be very pleased with the character selection. A bitter-sweet time, to be sure.

I can officially confirm that more Marvel minimates are in the works, so don't worry. :)

Yeah, I did hear through the grapevine they would do a couple more "thank you" waves before wrapping things up. I think some of you will be very pleased with the character selection. A bitter-sweet time, to be sure.

thanks luke, umm can we lock this thread now its given me the heebie-jeebies, lol :P