UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates ending...?

GrimZata99

I can officially confirm that more Marvel minimates are in the works, so don't worry. :)

Yeah, I did hear through the grapevine they would do a couple more "thank you" waves before wrapping things up. I think some of you will be very pleased with the character selection. A bitter-sweet time, to be sure.

Everyone you could hope for will be in the 'Thank-You' waves. . . . everyone except Kang.

Honestly when it ends I'll be happy. I love Minimates more than anything, especially the Marvel ones but I have them all, and at some point it has to come to an end. I won't be sad but happy because as far as I'm concerned this is, was and always will be the greatest line of figures ever. It's a great ride and when it ends it ends.

It's a great ride and when it ends it ends.

Second. As long as the ride doesn't end now. Or now. Or now. (Etc.)

Other thing: Did you also imagine Luke stepping into our little townhall, wearing this shiny sheriff staff star on his chest, tipping his hat and just ending all fearful discussions with just one well-directed shot sentence. That's so awesome! I want a Sheriff Luke 'mate!

Honestly when it ends I'll be happy. I love Minimates more than anything, especially the Marvel ones but I have them all, and at some point it has to come to an end. I won't be sad but happy because as far as I'm concerned this is, was and always will be the greatest line of figures ever. It's a great ride and when it ends it ends.

Sums up exactly how I feel about it.

Guess the word is out. Last I heard, DST was going to announce this at NYCC. I wonder who leaked it to Some Guy.

Ivan I need you to say this is a joke. I mean I know it is a joke I just need to see you confirm it. ;)

<snip>

Now I don't have the insider information that Luke has but I think the writing is on the wall. Time to stick a fork in it. Insert cliche #3 involving a large woman.

There is a preponderance of evidence that indicates the line is done.

• Scraping the bottom of the barrel for themed box sets. They've already made (and remade) the figures everyone cares about. They have to resort to stuff like New Mutants(?!) to put new figures. Two sets from Age of Apocalypse? A minor 'event' that nobody really cared about? Bottom.. of.. the.. barrel.
  • The next specialty market waves (38+) will likely be based on the new Cap and Thor movies. But those are obviously just to meet contract requirements. Marvel movies have been flops at the box office and related merchandise hasn't sold at all.
  • The partnership with TRU is an obvious last ditch effort to save the line. Why else would they associate with a company that's been teetering on the edge of bankruptcy for the last decade?
  • Speaking of retailers, the recent announcement of a Disney Store exclusive is the nail in the coffin. Selling new product to a company and brand that virtually nobody has heard of?? Sounds pretty desperate to me.

You guys better learn to like Halo. That's your Minimate future right there.

Let's all hinder a guess which wave will be the final one. I'll say wave 50 (good round number) and it's done. BTW, Kang will still go unproductive. :(

Honestly the line will end when Disney says so. You never know perhaps the packs at the Disney Store will be such a hit that Disney will push more properties to DST and extend the marvel contract.

While I think eventually the line will end, I think it will only happen whenever Hasbro's contract is up. I could see Disney wanting the entire toy license under one roof. But I think we have years before worrying.

Speaking of retailers, the recent announcement of a Disney Store exclusive is the nail in the coffin. Selling new product to a company and brand that virtually nobody has heard of?? Sounds pretty desperate to me.

Ivan, you're a very naughty boy! :P

Guess the word is out. Last I heard, DST was going to announce this at NYCC. I wonder who leaked it to Some Guy.

Ivan I need you to say this is a joke. I mean I know it is a joke I just need to see you confirm it. ;)

<snip>

Now I don't have the insider information that Luke has but I think the writing is on the wall. Time to stick a fork in it. Insert cliche #3 involving a large woman.

There is a preponderance of evidence that indicates the line is done.

• Scraping the bottom of the barrel for themed box sets. They've already made (and remade) the figures everyone cares about. They have to resort to stuff like New Mutants(?!) to put new figures. Two sets from Age of Apocalypse? A minor 'event' that nobody really cared about? Bottom.. of.. the.. barrel.
  • The next specialty market waves (38+) will likely be based on the new Cap and Thor movies. But those are obviously just to meet contract requirements. Marvel movies have been flops at the box office and related merchandise hasn't sold at all.
  • The partnership with TRU is an obvious last ditch effort to save the line. Why else would they associate with a company that's been teetering on the edge of bankruptcy for the last decade?
  • Speaking of retailers, the recent announcement of a Disney Store exclusive is the nail in the coffin. Selling new product to a company and brand that virtually nobody has heard of?? Sounds pretty desperate to me.

You guys better learn to like Halo. That's your Minimate future right there.

in a nutshell thats EXACTLY what happened to mighty muggs. Hasbro hasnt thrown in the towl on them...but has said they will primarily only produce more muggs themed to movies. IE: Thor muggs with the Thor Movie. Otherwise they arent going to make regular waves.

Edited by Ninja Mate