UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Disney Store exclusive

groundhog7s

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

disney04.jpg

Lots of accessories, and the Iron Man blast effect is a new color of yellow (I think).

You know that's not a blast effect, it's just Tony's urine filtration system emptying. With as much as he drinks, you know that think has to be working overtime.

Any thread with a word like 'urine' in it sends out an alert to the top of my tool- bar :rolleyes:

I find that too much ale helps empty my filtration system & is almost always accompanied by a blast effect .

Well, I got these today, and can reiterate--this is a great freakin' box set. Very possibly the best Cap to date, great Spidey and Thor, and Iron Man is serviceable. Two small complaints are: 1) Thor's foot is very loose, so I'll probably have to use the old nail polish trick with it; and 2) Spidey's chest seems too dark in some areas because, apparently, they printed the blue and then the red on top of it (he has a clear chest block, so the color of the plastic doesn't contribute to this), and the white on his eyes seem to have a dark undertone to them, as well.

But very small complaints they are. Probably the 3rd best 4 pack so far, after Defenders and Champions. And only that low because these are characters we've already seen multiple times. Great work, DST!

Wow. I was skeptical about this set before, but I have to say, this may be the definitive Iron Man Minimate. They nailed the colors and the eyes on the helmet are just right. I'm a little bummed he didn't come with a repulsor hand, but otherwise, this one is a slam dunk. I'm really tempted to caaaarrrefully cut the little eyeholes out so you can see Tony's eyes inside for that last little bit of canon-icity.

Wow. I was skeptical about this set before, but I have to say, this may be the definitive Iron Man Minimate. They nailed the colors and the eyes on the helmet are just right. I'm a little bummed he didn't come with a repulsor hand, but otherwise, this one is a slam dunk. I'm really tempted to caaaarrrefully cut the little eyeholes out so you can see Tony's eyes inside for that last little bit of canon-icity.

Be careful. I tried that with a Dr. Fate and ended up with (you guessed it) a catastrophe. The knife slipped and ran a nice scratch along the front of the helmet piece.

But if you do succeed I'd love to see a picture!

I'm not sure they would line up, anyway. Tony's eyes look to me to be a bit closer together on his head.

I still like the eye spacing of the original Iron Man best. For some reason, this one looks like a frog to me. I know Minimates' eyes are generally spaced pretty far apart, but I don't care for it on Iron Man masks like this one.

In fact, wave 6 IM is still my favorite in general and the one I will display.

Bazinga!

I couldn't resist. And the eyes line up perfectly.

post-238-1292394716_thumb.jpg

Wow, that is a vast improvement. Glad to see they line up. I might give that a try myself, since otherwise, this Iron Man will go right into a box in the closet for eternity.

Sadly I have issues paying $20 + shipping off their website for something that is $15 in their store. Ridiculous.

If it makes you feel any better, they're 20 bucks in the store as well.

I saw these at my Disney Store tonight... at the literal bottom of the Marvel display shelf. They were sitting, on pegs, underneath a shelf, nearly completely hidden from view. I don't think I ever would have seen them if I weren't looking for them. As I suspected, I just couldn't bring myself to pay that much for a set with one figure I want. If there was even one other unique character here...but no.

Sweet. Just ordered my set. Sucks they charge tax. I still don't like $20 for a box set but I really don't see these selling for less in the secondary market esp since they are hard to get ahold of and their pricepoint is already high.