UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates M.A.X. New Series Review

Lurch77

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anybody seeing restocks of these? The last of the fire fighters sold out around here a couple weeks ago and I was hoping to pick up some more cops. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any new stock come in. They're probably not taking a risk with the lingering second and third shipments of Marvel 8 and Universal Monsters hanging on the pegs.

no restock in my area as well and we only recieved one case got them all but i realy wanted to see one more case come through,im beginning to think we may not see any more now

Anybody know where else to find these guys? I can't find any of 'em at the only TRU near me, nothin' on ebay or on the TRU website.

I'm fearing I won't be able to get any of them.

My TRU still has a few packs left. I am not sure which ones since I have gotten all that I want. They also raised the price from $6.99 to $7.49 for the holiday season. <_< I will be heading there today and could pick up what they have left for cost + shipping for you. PM me if interested.

Yeah - I've noticed that TRU has been raising prices on many things for the holidays - likely to support all those sales and coupons that they are throwing out there...

Lego minifigs, WWE wrestlers and Star Wars all increased about 25% in the last month... Fortunately the minimates have taken only a slight increase, comparatively

Edited by captain_cbecker

Yes. And the green Special Forces guy. May I also suggest a firefighter female chest?

I'm sure I said this elsewhere. I painted boobs on one of mine but they aren't great.

Following this same line of thought, I'd say we need Female Firefighter, Male/Female Special Ops, male/female police. An interesting idea I also had: The Tech Jet guys are almost the same as the Master Chief chest. A female chest incorporating the two would make a Female Spartan and Tech Jet girl. Just a thought. hat also means that right now the Tech jet dudes make great de-armored Spartans.

fig1022f3lg.jpgfig1075f2lg.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So my TRU has not received any of the 2 pack wave of these, but today I was looking at the Halo minimates and there was a Special Ops MAX set on the peg. I grabbed it and went and asked an employee to tell me if they had any more and he said no that he put that one on the peg earlier from their returns cart. So the only MAX set my store has got was a return. As it was the only set I bought it, even though I don't plan on getting any more of these unless I can see more in person to make a decision.

• 3 weeks later...

prefaced with "if any of your stores still have stock of these..."

I was fortunate to be working out of town this week and found a set of 5 (no Special Ops), but my local stores have been empty for quite a while. Same goes for the BSG, ever since last fall when they were going for like $3.50.

hopefully the jets will be clearanced at around $7.50...

I'm more than a bit confused about the M.A.X. TRU Wave of figures.... & the vehicles for that matter ....... I was under the impression that the figures had done quite well sales-wise whilst the jets had fared less so. I again assumed that the BTTF TRU vehicle was perhaps the only vehicle that had done well in the entire range of vehicles produced ?

Now I read that they're on clearance....is that bad news or just a normal occurence at TRU?

Edited by buttheadsmate

my best gues is that they did very well....but there might be some straggelers left at the stores. they are just clearancing them out to open the peggs for some fresh new inventory. may not have to do anything with the longevity of the line. Stores do it all the time. for instance I was at walmart last week. the convereted the ENTIRE indoor garden center for clearance of left over un-bought christmas stock. there were things like Razor scooters, power wheels, crayons...etc. Major items that wont be discontinued. Stores are just getting rid of overstock in preperation for the new years lines of the same brands/toys.

as for my TRU. they sold out of all MAX stuff within a week.

I'm more than a bit confused about the M.A.X. TRU Wave of figures.... & the vehicles for that matter ....... I was under the impression that the figures had done quite well sales-wise whilst the jets had fared less so. I again assumed that the BTTF TRU vehicle was perhaps the only vehicle that had done well in the entire range of vehicles produced ?

Now I read that they're on clearance....is that bad news or just a normal occurence at TRU?

I'd say it's just stragglers. Of the four stores I've visited in the past couple of weeks, one of them had a few 2-packs, another had a jet. That's it.

(And none of them had any sign of Marvel Wave 9. grrrr)