UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates M.A.X. New Series Review

Lurch77

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wiped out most of my fodder bag with these guys. Bought 2 packs of cops, 2 spec ops, and one each of both chiefs and normal fire fighters/smoke jumpers. I used my extra fodder to make extra SWAT and geared up Spec ops. So out of 2 packs ended up making 6 minimates.

Yeah, one of the nice things is that you can make a whole bunch of other minimates if you want. The Smoke Jumpers chief pack comes with an extra (clear) torso, so you can make an extra Minimate without using the suspenders torso if you don't want. On the other hand, I was disappointed to see that one of the special ops guys had nothing on the chest underneath the armor-- it's completely blank, at least on mine. But all the cool gear more then makes up for it. I also am kinda happy that they included generic faces; one thing I always struggle with in customizing is finding a nice face. And, since I have plenty of extra heads, I was able to diversify my firemen and SF troopers a bit. They're not all white guys any more!

And I have to mention that the firemen allowed me to finally complete a custom I've been wanting to do for ages. I cut the gasmask off one, glued it to the Question's hat (with the hair removed, which was a bitch-- don't recommend it), and voila-- Wesley Dodds in his Sandman Mystery Theater look! Well, with a few other parts, of course.

Found these today (while looking for ML 2-packs; no luck), and picked up 2 Special Ops, 2 Officers, and 1 Fire Chief; so far i've only opened the Chief because i wanted to see my reaction to the Firefighters; they're surprisingly more fun than i expected, but i think it's because of how "Casual" the Chief looks. Either way, it's the only Firefighter i'll be picking up, so at least i get two out of it; three, if i decide to use fodder pieces on the torso.

The clear torso was a GREAT surprise; i'd assumed they'd just laid it in the tray, not actually pack in a whole piece. It made switching parts a breeze; i commend DST on that and the AMAZING sculpting on these parts.

Can't wait to open my Officers and SpecOps; REALLY looking forward to them.

Overall, i really want this line to succeed and continue; these are fantastic minimates.

Was anyone else surprised that these are in the collectors aisle? I know it's a good idea to keep all the Minimates together, but I think they'd make more sense in the Lego aisle, where they might attract more kids and parents. I guess, on the other hand, they might get lost there.

Bought the other two sets I needed, the Fire Fighters and the Policemen, today. These really are cool little toys. The policemen set is probably the best value of all of them, because it comes with essentially an entire third Minimate, minus the head. So you can have two riot squad guys and still keep your patrolman intact. It has lots and lots and lots of weapons, an extra set of blue arms, and the extra riot outfit has almost an entire clear Minimate underneath.

The Fire Fighters are nice, but there's really not much difference between the FF and the Smoke Jumpers set, just the colors. If everyone hasn't figured this out by now, you really do want to try and get the chief sets, because it's got extra unique pieces.

Found a full case today. My original guess was dead on. Here is the case pack out from the case I found:

Police x3

Spec OPs x 3

Fire Fighter x2

Fire Chief x1

Smoke Jumper x2

Smoke Jumper Chief x1

I just picked up an entire case and can confirm that was the same ratio I got! :thumbsup:

Found them today, also saw the same packout.

Mine restocked these today. I picked up another pack each of the police and spec ops. They also had the Captain America box set. All in all, it was another good day at TRU!

I picked these up today. Overall I like them but there are little things I don't like. For instance, the police officer set comes with an extra pair of blue arms so I thought if I took the flack jacket off I could make another officer. No such luck as there us no tampo under the flack jacket. Like I said little problems.

Yeah, I agree. The police officers come with extra arms, but no chest tampo for them to go with, while the firefighters have chest tampos under the jackets, yet no arms to match. I'm doubting DST intended that, but it's kind of frustrating.

But, my kids didn't care and love these. They keep asking for an extra Hulk to make Hulk-Cop and one of them keeps asking if I'll be making zombies out of all of these.

Yeah, I'm still super confused why all these guys look the same. White, long brown hair, same expressions. Why don't they at least have a buzz cut? Or be black? Or asian? Or female? I know this was mentions earlier, but looking at the TRU pictures, it's glaringly obvious.

Yeah, I'm still super confused why all these guys look the same. White, long brown hair, same expressions. Why don't they at least have a buzz cut? Or be black? Or asian? Or female? I know this was mentions earlier, but looking at the TRU pictures, it's glaringly obvious.

DST's a Conservative company; you can tell they must like the NRA based on all the guns these come with!!! :lol:

I wouldn't mind some diversity, but i do want female cops mostly because they aren't just "pop on a new head," but require new details and a resculpted Cap.

Also, in case anyone plans to swap heads between cops and firemen, the heads and helmets sit VERY loose to the point where it's practically useless bothering.

Also, in case anyone plans to swap heads between cops and firemen, the heads and helmets sit VERY loose to the point where it's practically useless bothering.

That's just unforgivable, I would have thought that by now that the factories could at least get the heads right. I was blithering on the other day about why Minimates had that bloody hole in their heads.....please don't bother telling me it's to keep hairpieces ,hats & helmets in place :nono: