UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates M.A.X. New Series Review

Lurch77

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pictures, thank you!

I was slow to warm up to these but now I want every color they produce. I love all the variations you can make.. and I like that the pods with no wings look a little like a mini submarine. You can even make a pretty good Star Wars Cloud Car with these.

These make great Quinjets and now the stealth jet is going to be piloted by Wonder Woman. :) The superhero geek in me can't help but utilize all of these things for the heroes. I even have Booster Gold going for rides in Marty's Delorian.

I'll throw it out here that I have a set of series two that I can sell for cost plus shipping for anyone interested. I can send loose if wanted and I'd like to think I'm a little more reliable than TRU (I won't send them in a bubble envelope). If anyone's interested just shoot me a pm otherwise they'll go back to the store.

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno. I didn't pick one up, or take a good look at one in the store. They looked packaged the same as the previous wave, so I would have to guess it does.

I did pick up a Search and Rescue pack, though, and that one comes with the extra translucent body.

Well that's really....odd.

Why include legs and a torso, but no crotch?

Still looks like a fun set, though.

Because those parts are "packaging" not build a mate. The previous MAX mates only came with clear parts required to hold spare pieces (arms, boots, jacket pieces, etc.) in a consistent and attractive way while in the package. The fact that they are clear mate parts is just a nice bonus.

Edited by cylonchaney

Well that's really....odd.

Why include legs and a torso, but no crotch?

Still looks like a fun set, though.

Because those parts are "packaging" not build a mate. The previous MAX mates only came with clear parts required to hold spare pieces (arms, boots, jacket pieces, etc.) in a consistent and attractive way while in the package. The fact that they are clear mate parts is just a nice bonus.

Yeah, I guess you're right. Ah well, more fodder is always good :lol:

Finally seeing these in person, I have to give DST props for some inspired part reuse. I can't think of another way they could have possibly reused the GB2 Slimeblower tank, but a deep sea scuba setup is just about perfect. My only gripe: why didn't they make the mask translucent like the one in the police set right next to it? I think I'm going to need to repaint one of those...