UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Boyd's Customs

That looks very clean and crisp, nice work! They definitely have Superboy in casual attire these days. What's on his wrist?

It's some sort of wrist band. Could be a watch - I dunno. He's always wearing it in his recent appearances, though.

spot on for the choice of hair!

who's is it?

looks a bit like Chief Tyrol's

awesome as always Boyd, really enjoying the Superman characters

Thanks! The hairpiece is from Dr. Fate, actually.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyd, please, please, please tell me that you're making Terra-Man next.

Terra-Man has fans? :)

I wasn't thinking about doing a custom of a cowboy raised by aliens that fought Superman, but now I'm wondering if I could do it...

I'm not familiar with Postman Zod, but its still damn fine.

Metallo is ridiculous... y'know, in the good way. How tall is he? Based on the size of the head, he could easily be over 3"? Looks wonderful... are those Palz hands?

I'm not familiar with Postman Zod, but its still damn fine.

Metallo is ridiculous... y'know, in the good way. How tall is he? Based on the size of the head, he could easily be over 3"? Looks wonderful... are those Palz hands?

I dunno if he's three inches, but Metallo is pretty big thanks to his Cylon parts. Big enough to look impressive next to Superman.

mtllo_size.jpgmtllo_fight.jpg

And yeah, those are Palz hands. A full list of parts is over on my customs site.

• 2 months later...

In case you haven't seen them in the Charitymates thread, here's the fighters I made for this year's Charitymates. First ups is Sasu, the masked assassin.

ssu_one.jpg

And my other fighter, Barrett Diablo:

brrttdblo_one.jpg

I also made another version of Barrett - a well-dressed version - for my own collection:

brrttdblo_frml_one.jpg

You can get the recipes and see more pictures over at my customs site.

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome Son of Satan Boyd. Great facial expression. He looks like he's telling the neighborhood kids to get off his lawn else they be subject to a good forking. And just to be clear, I said "forking".

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Thanks for the compliments, everyone.

My next custom is from the Amalgam Age of comics, that brief period where DC and Marvel mixed their characters together like a cheap cocktail. I present the Iron Lantern, the combination of Iron Man and Green Lantern.

irnlntrn_one.jpg

More pics and the recipe can be found over at my customs site because I am too lazy to retype everything here.

So do you have to link that on the Marvel and DC indexes on your site?

Nope, just the Marvel. And unless I create an Amalgam section on my site, he's going to stay there. He always seemed more like a Marvel character than DC to me. Now, if I were to do Super-Soldier or Dark Claw, those would go in the DC section.

These kind of things only make sense to me.

Nope, just the Marvel. And unless I create an Amalgam section on my site, he's going to stay there. He always seemed more like a Marvel character than DC to me. Now, if I were to do Super-Soldier or Dark Claw, those would go in the DC section.

These kind of things only make sense to me.

I can understand that. Iron Lantern seems more like an Iron Man base with Green Lantern details pasted on top. But that, again, might only make sense to me.

You should make Dr. Strangefate next. That was my other favorite. He'd probably even be a quick custom, wouldn't he?

while i thought the actual amalgam comics was not well thought out and that annoyed me, i still loved the ideas and i love seeing amalgams in general, and ironlantern is definitely one of the cooler ones visually, and your custom looks great :D

seriously though ironman as a green lantern, what were they thinking? :P

Amalgam! It's an amazing concept that plays to my sensibilities and begs to be represented in Minimate form. Great work on Iron Lantern! Tempted to try and make one myself, but if I start with one Amalgam I'll have trouble stopping...