Boyd's Customs

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want that. You should give it to me.

No. But thanks for asking! :)

The Iggy Pop look.

Now on the "to-do" list. Might have him done by Christmas (Son of Santa?)

I've been toying around with him in my mind for a while, but I could never quite figure out how to do the boots. But those Wolvie ones are perfect; might have to give him another go (though mine won't be as good as yours).

Credit where credit is due - MsMarvel fan used them first for his Son of Satan custom.

great straw man custom, saw it on your site earlier and i've been looking forward to it since the last "on the workbench" pic

so far i'm really loving these haloween customs and i hope the rest are just as good

Just seeing the recent pics of your collection, Boyd. Very impressive. I've got the same display stands for my Kubricks (found them at Target).

I would kill for your collection of customs. . .seriously, just name the guy.

Edited by karamazov80

So is he a different character from the one in the Marvel Universe handbook, who fought Captain America and Ghost Rider? If so, I've never heard of him.

Interesting that you used the Mad Dog coat and sculpted the scarf rather then using the Man with No Name one that has an attached scarf. Looks really nice, though. I couldn't tell the difference.

So is he a different character from the one in the Marvel Universe handbook, who fought Captain America and Ghost Rider? If so, I've never heard of him.

Yup, different character. That's why they changed his name to the Straw Man in the 90's, so people wouldn't get him confused with the villainous one.

Next custom (continuing my string of Marvel 70's horror characters) - Lilith, the daughter of Dracula!

llth_one.jpg

More information and pictures can be found at my web site.

Yup, different character. That's why they changed his name to the Straw Man in the 90's, so people wouldn't get him confused with the villainous one.

Next custom (continuing my string of Marvel 70's horror characters) - Lilith, the daughter of Dracula!

llth_one.jpg

I remember her from some old black and white British Marvel comics from way back when. I also remember her being very top heavy in my youthful years....Along with Red Sonja. B)

Boyd,

Did I spot Satana on your work bench?

Nice Lillith. I really like your face decal work.

Yes, Satana is in the works. She, along with one other obscure Marvel horror custom, did not get finished in time for Halloween. I'll post them when I get them finished.

llth_one.jpg

I remember her from some old black and white British Marvel comics from way back when. I also remember her being very top heavy in my youthful years....Along with Red Sonja. B)

I also remember the way that Red Sonja was given extra 'coverage' in the British B&W versions of the US coloured originals ......extra chain-mail around .....er...around ....er ...um...around the bits that ...oh ...you all know :blush:

Lovely stuff as always Boyd.

Edited by buttheadsmate

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know Gabriel, Devil-Hunter, but without the eye-patch that would be a great Jason Blood. Satana's hair is very nice looking. I have a hard time believing it's not factory produced. Great work.

(And another guy with an eye-patch from Bob Harris? I'm already a fan.)

• 1 month later...

Just added some new customs to my site. Well, not brand new, because they premiered somewhere else, but they're new to my site. And to this thread:

eys_mrch_group.jpg

It's my entry for this year's CustomCon - the Eyes of M.A.R.C.H.!

crmsndymo_chrstms_one.jpg

And my Christmas custom for my Secret Santa gift - the Christmas Dynamo!

As always, a better write-up and more pics can be seen at my custom site.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the arm on Doc Connors. I did something similar with a sculpted "folded up sleeve". Very cool indeed. Makes me wish DST had included such an accessory along with a Dr. Connors head in the rcent Lzard / 6 armed Spidey set.