UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain American Through the Ages TRU Exclusive Pack

fwoosheyman

One issue I have noticed is that, as cool as the new gauntlet-pieces are, it would be nice to have an alternate piece for the left arms of each figure. You really can't pose them without the shield on their arm unless you give them bare hands. You also can't put the shield on the backpack-deal while keeping the gloves on without it looking funny.

Whoa. That is kind of a colossal bummer. I had just assumed that there would be enough cuffs to go around.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One issue I have noticed is that, as cool as the new gauntlet-pieces are, it would be nice to have an alternate piece for the left arms of each figure. You really can't pose them without the shield on their arm unless you give them bare hands. You also can't put the shield on the backpack-deal while keeping the gloves on without it looking funny.

If you have 2 sets, you could borrow the right hand cuff to put on the left.

BS

Or just use some old cap gloves... For regular and frozen Cap anyway. Zombie Caps gloves might work on WWII Cap...

Besides the glove thing, I think what disappointed me was the mask-around-the-neck on Frozen Cap. Hell yes, it's cool... but wouldn't it be equally cool to have them for the other fabric-costume Caps? Or to be able to use the one from the Frozen Cap if the paint color matched at least one of the others?

Ahhh, the things I think about...

Besides the glove thing, I think what disappointed me was the mask-around-the-neck on Frozen Cap. Hell yes, it's cool... but wouldn't it be equally cool to have them for the other fabric-costume Caps? Or to be able to use the one from the Frozen Cap if the paint color matched at least one of the others?

Ahhh, the things I think about...

Hey, I definitely plan on putting that on one of my many other Captain Americas to make an unmasked Cap. I bet we'll see that reused at least once or twice down the road.

So I found this set yesterday. DST should really think about doing something else with their case packouts, mixing in some older box sets or two packs, because there were a dozen overflowing the peg, and I have a hard time believing that they'll sell down. Anyway, it's a nice set, very well done, but it could be so much more. I just wish that there was a little bit more diversity to this set, and we'd gotten the Captain, or Nomad (Steve Rogers as Nomad, not Jack Monroe), or the Waid/Garney Man Without a Country look, or the current Steve Rogers: Super Soldier, or really just anything so this wasn't just four Captain America Minimates, one of which is essentially just another basic Cap. Oh well. When they get clearanced, they'll be nice fodder for those of us that want red buccaneer boots, blond hairpieces and blue body parts.

It's good to know I'm not the only one not finding this set in store. After TRU.com screwed up my order, I've been a little more antsy than usual about this set. Most of the time Minimates show up in my local stores about a week after they're first spotted. Since the Secret Wars box sets never made it to my TRUs I'm fearful these won't either.

Has anybody found the Heroic Age sets in a physical store yet? Wasn't it just that small batch of sets available online?

Has anybody found the Heroic Age sets in a physical store yet? Wasn't it just that small batch of sets available online?

Both the Cap sets and the Heroic Age sets are showing up in even quantities here in Canada. I'm not sure that's the answear you're looking for as you'd probably feel more at ease knowing a fellow american found them on your side of the border.

I've not seen the Heroic Age box set. I was at the TRU where I bought my set today, and it looks like these are selling decently. I counted seven, so I'm assuming that five were sold. I think it would've made more sense to pack the Cap and Heroic Age sets together, but I also think it makes sense to just make Kang so we all shut up about it, so what do I know....

• 2 weeks later...