UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain American Through the Ages TRU Exclusive Pack

fwoosheyman

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my store never even saw the secret wars box set so i dont think ill be seeing this one (online for me)

My TRU still has like 6 Secret Wars sets, they overstocked on this set for some reason. I think ever since the Ghostbusters minimates sold like hot cakes they order a lot more of all minimates.

I talked to a guy there and he told em the Ghostbusters minimates are considered one of the top sellers of all toys at my TRU.

I always found it weird that my TRU never got the Secret Wars set. It got all the other sets except that one. Well, thats part of the fun of collecting these little buggers, isn't it?

A box from TRU showed up today and, shockingly, instead of damaged Dark Avengers it was Captain America:

World War II Cap:

WW2Cap1.jpg

Alternate Mask:

WW2Cap2.jpg

Suspended Animation Cap:

SACap1.jpg

Back View with Mask:

SACap2.jpg

Armored Cap:

ArmoredCap.jpg

Cap Reborn:

Reborn.jpg

Other observations on the set:

-The only quality problem I can see is that Cap Reborn's mail pattern extends down slightly into the red/white portion of the chest block.

-The tape that holds the shields down touches nearly all of each shield, so there's lots of residue when you remove them, but no damage.

-There's no alternate cuff pieces for the left arms, so if you don't want Cap to hold his shield the peg and straps will be showing.

Got mine today in the mail as well. It definitely makes up for the disappointing Heroic Age set.

Every figure is great (WWII is my fav, he's just badass) and I'm really liking the new cuff/shield holder piece.

My shields also had the large amount of tape residue when I took them out of the package. However use a little goo-off/goo-gone and it will come right off.

Thanks for the pics Stack32.

This set looks pretty darn good, although i have to admit that i'm a little disappointed at how Armoured Cap turned out. the paint aps could have been applied a little better and i was expecting his armour to look a but more like the sheen we saw on the original bucky-Cap.

Still - not a bad set. Can't wait to get that Ice accessory for my Iceman :D

Edited by Nessex

this set is a win (i.m.o) cant wait to get my grubby hands on this set