UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 37 Spidey/lizard, profx/warpath, thing/doombot

Lizard! ... finally, that is fantastic news, but we did know it was coming soon anyway.

feeling a little devastated, just about to put the finishing touches on a custom 90s Prof X, and i see this minutes later. As cruel as it may sound, part of me really hopes its not in the hoverchair, in fact... screw it, all of me hopes it isn't.

Interested to see what this new spidey looks like, and pleased with the imminent new fantastic four.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not an overly exciting wave but I am excited for Lizard and Prof X. I wish they would do an updated Fantastic Four wave instead of just throwing in another Thing (expecially since we have way more of him than any of the other FF).

Ha ha! Wave 37 already! DST must have Destiny working for them or something. :D

However, I do have my share of quibbles with this wave:

- Thing/Doombot plus variant would have made a better pairing for an all-Fantastic Four wave. As it stands, all this does for me is aggravate the mild case of Thing variation overkill we've already had in the line before.

- I'm tickled pink as to what might be different about Spidey this time around. :P

I hate to say it, but Lizard and Professor X aside this wave seems somewhat meh to me. :(

(edited with gambitron apparently reading my mind one post above)

I would assume very heavily that the Warpath is modern X-Force Warpath, and everyone with other ideas is reading into it WAY too much...

They said round out some teams, not complete some teams. Technically 90s X-Men still needs Jubilee and Mullet Bishop (possibly more, arguably) too, so Professor X completes nothing either.

Warpath, X-23 & Wolverine are the only members of New X-Force that have been there the entire run, so I would agree that he does feel more needed to round out the set than others. Wolfsbane started with the team, but was then gone for a while in the middle. Archangel, Vanisher, Elixir & Domino all joined later.

So anyway yeah, It's Black & Silver Warpath. I'm... like... 99% positive. Quit thinking so hard.

I'm probably the only one interested in this Spider-man, as I don't yet have one. He's probably the only "A-list" character I don't have.

I am excited for him too because I only have varations of him.The lizard is a great choice to pack spidey with,Hopefully its not battle damaged lizard.

As for thing and doombot,It matters what doombot it is.

And for xavier and warpath,I will get the pack if xavier comes with a hover chair

’90s-era Professor Xavier and X-Force’s own Warpath, both rounding out previously released sets!

Reissues of blue suit X and TRU Warpath? Bull $#!T Why does DST keep reissuing stuff?!

Or am I reading that wrong?

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

lizard yay!!!!!

thing! another one whats that like 4 now? I have to see pics to see if I'll pick em up

professor x awesome oh man! jubillee is next she just has to be!

’90s-era Professor Xavier and X-Force’s own Warpath, both rounding out previously released sets!

Reissues of blue suit X and TRU Warpath? Bull $#!T Why does DST keep reissuing stuff?!

Before you accuse me of being biased against pedants Dinobot...

1. Where does it mention reissuing Blue Suit Professor X in that blog post?
  2. I think it's about time we ALL made peace with the observation that DST has a very different concept of what constitutes a reissue than "us."
  3. Warpath will ONLY be a reissue of the TRU one if he copies the TRU version's classic design to a T. The consensus here appears to be that he'll be in the black and gray X-Force costume. One question: Do you consider Amazing Fantasy Spider-Man a unique variation of the character or just another one-note reissue of the Wave 2 Spider-Man?

Sorry if I come across as sounding a bit mean today, I must be having one of those mythical "time of the month" dealies :ohmy:

Edited by NorthRaider

I actually hope that Xavier comes with a hoverchair, just to kill my fear that we're looking at one of those fabled part reuse/cost cutting waves.

Out of all the figures announced, they could easily do Spider-Man, Xavier, Thing, and the Doombot all with just a painted blank Minimate. Warpath can be done as a repaint of the TRU variety, and Trench Coat Thing could easily snag one of several long coats floating around. They could even do Lizard as a blank 'mate with a long coat (though they'd have to suffer the backlash of half-assing one of the most requested Spidey villains).

Of course, taking into consideration that we've gone quite some time since the last half-assed series (12&13), we may be beyond those times. I'm not even opposed to the concept of part-reuse or simplicity, I just think at least some of these characters could benefit from a bit more love than detail lines on a blank torso, not to mention the price increase on these wouldn't sit well if I were getting less than what I used to get for $6.99 and $7.99.

Speaking of walking professors, howzabout "Astral Projection" Professor X in translucent blue?

And Northraider, no one blames you. I also hate that time of the month when the bills start showing up.

Until I read cesium salami's post I was assuming that the Doombots are actually Dr. Doom's servo-guards like my old custom:

I completely forgot about these. I'm hoping this is what we get too. "Doombot" to me usually means Dr. Doom with a more robot-y face, and that's what popped into my head at first.

Dude! 90s Professor X!? So that means hoverchair! XD Dang. I wonder if my question from a few months back on the DST Q&A asking about this possibility helped to get this...

The reply had stated they hadn't thought about the hoverchair at the time and were gonna look into it, so this makes my day.

Of course so does the Lizard, a new Thing (hopefully meaning new F4 all around), an X-Force Warpath (never got the TRU Warpath), and a Doombot.

Sweet. Now if we can get a new Nightcrawler with Meggan for Excalibur, a new Colossus with mullet Bishop, and maybe a Forge with Jubilee, my main Minimate desires will be fullfilled.

I assume this Warpath release is their answer to the TRU shortpack Warpath/Angel that Chuck was thinking about.

Yeah but it can't be the same figure due to the TRU Exclusive thing. I really hope that it's the Modern X-Force Warpath.

i'm fairly certain this will be a Warpath that'll go with Wolverine & X-23, in the same way Prof X will go with the numerous 90s X-Men we've got... while they don't necessarily 'go' together, they'd certainly 'round out previously released sets'