UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 37 Spidey/lizard, profx/warpath, thing/doombot

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope the spidey variant is either amazing bagman(which would work with the new ff mates) or noir which is a really cool costumr and if done right would have some cool new sculpts. I really hope the prof has the hoverchair and that the doombots look really cool

I wonder who the variant will be? Possibly first appearance spiderman wit those web wings.

http://geekgiftsgalore.com/pics/Spiderman_2.jpg

I really hope the spidey variant is either amazing bagman(which would work with the new ff mates) or noir which is a really cool costumr and if done right would have some cool new sculpts. I really hope the prof has the hoverchair and that the doombots look really cool

The write up says the Variant is Thing in a trench coat. Dunno where you got mixed up with Spidey.

I wonder who the variant will be? Possibly first appearance spiderman wit those web wings.

The write up says the Variant is Thing in a trench coat. Dunno where you got mixed up with Spidey.

Sorry I meant variation because after to or three of them in the last year I don't think it will be another classic

We've seen that version already: click here.

And a 90's Professor X without his hover-chair is like Ghost Rider without...oh nevermind.

I wonder if Prof X will be in a suit or his more rugged khaki jumpsuit with the x-symbols on the sleeves?

I'm hoping that Warpath is a bulked up 90s version to complement the Liefeld era X-Force set (Shatterstar, Domino, Feral, Cannonball?)

I hope it's 90's X-Force and modern X-Force Warpath gets releseased with Angel or Wolfsbane. Modern wouldn't make sense with 90's Professor X.

It makes sense if you look at the Cable/X-23 set, which paired the old (Cable) with the new (X23.)

Apart from Lizard, this seems like a pretty hum-drum wave to me, as well. I think an updated Thing will be cool, but nothing worth getting excited over. Doombots? Another Warpath? Another Spidey? Snore.

....Lizard's awesome, as long as the factory don't make his tail yellow :P

:P

Edited by velvet

I may change my mind once I actually see them, but on paper it seems more like a good TRU assortment than an actual wave. Look what we have:

• Yet another Spidey, which by the description sounds like we're going to try and reinvent the classic red and blue again.
  • Yet another Thing. While I'll agree that we need an update to the Fantastic Four, Thing probably needs it the least. Sue really needs it and we could go for a regular version of Reed to correspond with his tattered version. And the definitive Human Torch is from WWII, so Johnny might need an update as well.
  • Yet another Thing, this time in a trench coat. If he's bulky and has a hat as well, then this could be good, but if its a puny Thing with Sabretooth or Gambit's coat, then he isn't really a must have.
  • Yet another Xavier. If its a repaint of either of the exclusive ones, then yawn. If he has his hover chair, or at least a different variety of outfit, then he has potential.
  • Warpath. If he's just a black and gray repaint of the TRU version, boo. If he has more character specific knives and features a bit more of the bulk that he has in the comics, yeah.
  • Doombot. If it is something along the lines of Luke's custom, or otherwise distances itself from Victor, then bring it on. If its just a Dr. Doom with a different face, then I have a small army of Dooms already.
  • Lizard. He'll be awesome, so long as he has a tail.

It just has the potential to be either decent or awful. Nothing overly stellar.

Hey, maybe the Spidey slot can be filled with an update to the Friends & Foes version, which would work with a Lizard figure. :lol:

[*]Yet another Thing, this time in a trench coat. If he's bulky and has a hat as well, then this could be good, but if its a puny Thing with Sabretooth or Gambit's coat, then he isn't really a must have.

I will eat Ady's other hat if the variant doesn't have a hat and sunglasses in addition to the trench coat. That is the definitive look.

[*]Yet another Thing, this time in a trench coat. If he's bulky and has a hat as well, then this could be good, but if its a puny Thing with Sabretooth or Gambit's coat, then he isn't really a must have.

I will eat Ady's other hat if the variant doesn't have a hat and sunglasses in addition to the trench coat. That is the definitive look.

Makes me wonder how much money Ady's had to spend on hats since this started. :blink:

i'm okay with the wave. It has it's ups and downs. I love that we're getting more of the F4, like we asked, and the trenchcoat look sounds awesome. Doombots should be fun if they're like Luke's, but if not the MUST fix Doom's hood/cape combo. SERIOUSLY. I don't really like Lizard, but i hope Spidey turns out to be Bagman, to keep the F4 theme a-rolling. That's be the bees-knees.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

I'm not optimistic about the Spidey in this wave being a new variation like Bag-Man or Noir or anything, because if he was then the AA post should've said so. IMO they're probably just gonna modify the red and blue again, and maybe this time they'll give him a regular non-slipover mask head (like wave 30's House Of M Spidey) and, if we're lucky, web wings like the Amazing Fantasy version should have had.

Glad to see Lizard, Professor X in hovercraft might be nice...I'm kinda reserving my judgement for the pics.

I just can't help but feel that DST is kinda dropping the ball on these upcoming waves. They seem to be scared that second tier characters like Inhumans, New Mutants, Young Avengers, Alpha Flight won't sell. They also seem to veer away from B-listers like Falcon, Black Knight, Tigra, Dazzler, Sunfire, and Banshee... not to mention all those X-Men bad guys. I'm far more likely to continue getting minimates if they release characters I don't have already. I have no need for ANY more Spideys, Iron Men, Hulks, Wolvies, or Cyclopi... in fact, packaging a new character with one of these almost makes me not want to get it based on principle LOL.

At least I'll be saving money this year. Waves 35 & 36 are a pass for me. The horrendous quality control of the Spider friends and foes made it a pass (and I wanted a Doc Ock badly), and I guess we'll see about this wave. Hope to see some pics soon!

i'm excited for a new Warpath. my Toys R Us has had all the lines EXCEPT #4 which had Warpath and Spider-Woman/Molecule Man. i managed to score SW/MM off ebay for less than it woulda cost in store, but so far no joy with Warpath. and if it is hover chair Xavier, i think that could be kinda cool... right now i have my minimates set up with the x-men front and center. Xavier is in the middle, with classic X-Men on his left and their modern versions on the right, then the rest of the x-men spread out around them. but with a hover chair Xavier, i might switch it up and just place the O5 and wheel chair Xavier somewhere else in the mix...

i've never been a huge Spider Man fan, but i've been getting all his bad guys. so Lizard will be a nice addition. plus my 4 yo nephew loves Spider Man so i just give him all of my extras.

as for Thing and Doom bot? meh, not a big FF fan either so i'll probably pass on those 2. i actually like when i don't want every mate in every line... my pockets aren't so flat so fast!

A strange choice of characters....they'll have to go some to produce a Prof.X that is anything other than ...lame. Another Warpath seems odd as well ,I didn't realise he was that popular. Lizard ....about time ...I wonder how influential the Battle Beast will be on this guy ? Not too excited about this wave but that changes when I see the pictures or when I see the 'mates.

Yaknow, there is one great Spidey variant we haven't seen yet...

post-1316-1272738063_thumb.png

I seriously want it.

I'd take any Spidey variant that isn't the classic costume. Yes, I get it, most fans like the classic costume and it's his signature costume. However I said MOST fans. I always love it when Spidey dons new threads, and Scarlet, Ben Reilly and 2099 are my all time favourites and I liked the Iron Spidey costume (then again I thought the Peter/Tony friendship was also an interesting direction for the character). I loved the updates in wave 24 (including the slip on mask) so I've been hoping to see updates to my favourites ever since. To be honest seeing the 7865th version fo the classic costume over the updates I'd prefer doesn't make me a happy bunny. Heck, why not do bag man or the Black and White Negative zone costume he work for a page or two INSTEAD of the classic one.

OK, rant aside I am happy we're getting Doombot and Lizard. However I was hoping Doombot would come with an updated Fantastic Four wave. I know they could use the Mole Man's drones but to be honest I can't say I care for them. Doom is THE MAN. The new Things could be interesting as well but I'll wait until I see them. I know he's not worn many different costumes but they could do something creative here.

Glad to see that we're finally getting a Lizard.

I've been looking for a blue suit Xavier for my 90's X-Men but I'll hold off to get this new one. I'm really hoping that the Warpath is the new modern X-Force version. I would love to get an Archangel eventually too.

Not really interested in the Thing or Doombot. I think we've seen enough Things already. The only Thing I can think of that we haven't gotten is the trenchcoat version. I'm hoping they don't do any other F4 guys soon because I just bought a bunch of different mates to make my own version of them.

I'm fairly pleased with this announcement but here's my opinion:

Spiderman and The Lizard.....:rolleyes: yet another Spidey, haven't we had every possible version already?

I would've preferred two villains and if it had to be a Spiderman design, perhaps Doppleganger?

I'm pleased we're finally getting The Lizard.

Thing & Doombot.....I think the standard Thing should come with his disguise as accessories (they've given us extra's with other minimates like the Sentinel) and the Variant should've been Ben Grim human form.

Doombot is a good suitable army builder.

90's Professor X & Warpath.....I look forward to the new Xavier, providing he comes with his Shi'ar chair.

I'm a little annoyed that DST still persist on not creating a Jubilee minimate.

The better pairing would've been a 90's Jubilee to go with 90's Xavier.

Or I wouldn't have minded getting a Lilandra (similar to the custom Luke made).

Warpath has already been produced with the X-Factor Angel so this minimate just seems out of place in this wave.

Some nice choices here but I'll wait to see what else is released around that time ( mostly SDCC exclusives & TRU waves) and seeing pix before deciding how I feel about these. :)

I smell a post SDCC filler wave, so that will probably give us what a Xforce, F4 and 90's xmen sets at SDCC?

I also have a theory on the F4 set too Because they wouldn't hold back on one of the F4 from a pack unless they were doing an odd version, She hulk in F4 uniform for example? (a nice post SW tie in)

T.

If what TBT! suggests comes to be re: SDCC box sets, that would surely paint the figure descriptions in a different light. I hope this is the case.

More than She-Hulk, though, I say mini-Galactus!