UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

THOR movie

Mattallica

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also with the amount of screen time and how cool he was in the film it's criminal that we didn't get a heimdall minimate :(

Here's hoping - he was in it as much as Sif. I think he's deserving of a Minimate.

I saw Thor on wednesday. I've said numerous times that I had absolutely no doubt this would be a great film, but even I was not expecting that. I laughed, I cried... I thoroughly enjoyed. Really lookingly forward to seeing it again, and will probably do so before its even out in the states... :tongue:

the one thing I will warn people about, it the 3D was pretty badly done, and I'm looking forward to seeing it properly in 2D. I've never been one of the naysayers before, and haven't had a problem with 3D at all, but I would definitely recommend seeing this in 2D. I would have, but there were no 2D showings on opening day at my cinema.

Edited by bobafett

Can't wait to see Thor but I will have to see it regularly....for some reason, my eyes just can't see the 3D effect through the glasses all that well. Plus, the movies I Have seen in 3D, they didn't do a good job on it anyway.

Just got home from the movie. I liked it. My wife who knows nothing about Thor liked but she was also into the actor. I kept thinking to myself that it was good the marvel studio did this because if it was studio like sony or universal etc, No way the Destroyer would be in it looking just like the comics. Hell the asgardians would have probably looked like Lord of the rings.

One more note after watching how Marvel Studios can make the absurd look real (frost giants, thor flying, the rainbow bridge) It makes me worried about the Green Lantern movie. The main difference is the Green Lantern stuff just looks silly and Thor's effects looked top notch.

Overall loved the movie, just wish Thor would have said "I SAY THEE NAY!"

ps, a little disappointed in the scene after the credits.

Edited by Hawkeye's Junk

just got home from this as well, i thought it was PHENOMENAL, great movie and great comic book movie! The acting, action, story, drama, comedy and romance was all done extremely well! There wasn't a boring moment, every second had me on the edge of my seat! Also end of the credits scene was awesome and the film had tons of references!! :D

I saw Thor last night with a large group of friends. We all thoroughly enjoyed it. Great kick-off to the summer blockbuster season. Best line in the movie...

"I need a horse!" :lol:

I saw Thor last night with a large group of friends. We all thoroughly enjoyed it. Great kick-off to the summer blockbuster season. Best line in the movie...

"I need a horse!" :lol:

Yeah the horse line got a good reaction in the cinema I was in a couple of weeks ago. Very funny.

Thought Hemsworth played the part well, Lady Natalie of Portman was as lovely as ever, Loki was great and the Bifrost etc looked terrific.

I've got to say I didn't like the Warriors Three (don't kill me) thought they felt silly. And there wasn't enough action for me. I could've watched Thor beat up frost giants for the whole duration of the movie.

Edited by UK Collector

I don't know much about the comic, but I enjoyed the movie. I think they struck a good balance between a solo story and tying it into the greater Marvel movie universe.

I'll agree that there could have been a bit more action to balance out the comedy, but overall a good watch.

I liked when Thor called the SHIELD agent "Son of Coul". Completely slipped under the radar for most of the folks in the theater, but I laughed.

Honestly, I didn't really think Thor was the best movie ever. I thought it was more or less a run-of-the-mill action/fantasy flick, and it never really felt "good" to me. The romance felt forced at times, the action wasn't at all exciting, and I wish there was less of the "civilian" scenes. But what I did like was the use of SHIELD/Coulson, and the Hawkeye scene was just beautiful. I could just watch that one part over and over and over again.

But all in all, it was okay, but not worth the price of a ticket. 5/10

Also, hooray for exploding 7-11!

Edited by Smashmaster12

I liked the movie. Definitely one of the better Marvel Studios releases, makes me slightly more optimistic for when Captain America and The Avengers come out. Admittedly I was disappointed by the Hawkeye cameo after it got talked about so much, but I was pleasantly surprised at how likable a lot of the Asgardian characters were. And I definitely was not expecting this movie to make me sympathize with Loki of all people.

I liked when Thor called the SHIELD agent "Son of Coul". Completely slipped under the radar for most of the folks in the theater, but I laughed.

Ditto. Heck, this movie was a veritable treasure trove of goofy one-liners. "I've got Xena, Jackie Chan and Robin Hood" :lol:

Edited by NorthRaider

This was easily better than Iron Man 2 and The Incredible Hulk. Was it better than Iron Man? Nah. But did I LOVE this movie? YES! It had the action I wanted, the character development I needed, and easily the greatest villain Marvel movies have had yet. I cannot say enough good things about Loki. He was threatening when he wanted to be but he was the most sympathetic character in the movie. I don't know if that should scare me that I liked the villain more than any character in the film... but oh well. It matters not.

Strong performances from most of them. Thor, Loki, and Odin's heavy stuff were balanced by the lighthearted stuff from the Warriors Three and Thor. The Destroyer is a fantasticly designed enemy which I'm quite excited to see return (Because you know it's got to someday) and the Frost Giants were quite fun to watch. The dialogue moment that amused me the most was involving them.

[Thor begins to walk away from the Frost Giants]

Giant: Run away little Princess

Loki: ... Damn.

[Ass kicking insues.]

So I can't wait to see more from this great cast and the Avengers just got a little more hopeful seeing how amazing Tom Hiddleston (I do hope he's in there. He's being set up to be in there) and Chris Hemsworth were.

So Captain America... can you measure up?

My Wife and I went and seen it and like alot of others we highly enjoyed it.it was paced right.Acting was great.This movie kicks off the summer nicely IMO

Finally saw it today. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Did anyone else notice the "Journey Into Mystery" sign in that town (right before Destroyer showed up)? I thought it was a nice touch.

Clint Barton's cameo was kind of a let-down, IMO, but otherwise, great film. Next to the first Iron Man, this is probably my favorite Marvel film.

And I definitely was not expecting this movie to make me sympathize with Loki of all people.

Yeah, I felt the same way. Tom Hiddleston was AMAZING as Loki, as was the rest of the casting. I can't wait to see what havok he wreaks in the rest of the Marvel Movie U.

Finally saw it today. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Did anyone else notice the "Journey Into Mystery" sign in that town (right before Destroyer showed up)? I thought it was a nice touch.

Clint Barton's cameo was kind of a let-down, IMO, but otherwise, great film. Next to the first Iron Man, this is probably my favorite Marvel film.

That was a nice little nod. I thought the easter eggs like that were nicely done. I like Agent Barton's role. I though it was just enough, but I can see that it may have been a little a lacking.

I also gotta give props to the costume design. When I first saw pics, I wasn't impressed and thought the design feel was kind of cheesy. After seeing the movie though, I realized how thoughtful the entire Asgardian aesthetics were.

The one disappointment was Agent Coulson. He just wasn't his usual snarky self.