UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

THOR movie

Mattallica

It does look good however.

NOTHING can be the next IM1. Even IM2 wasn't IM1. That was lightning in a bottle. No advertising, no one knew it was coming out. Heck, I walked into the theater and went "Ironman? Isn't he Marvel? Okay, I'll try it." We should be comparing this to Hulk, me thinks.

I'm not sure where you were hiding, but I know a lot of people who sure as heck knew it was coming out.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, my mother-in-law knew it was coming out. She's not exactly the comic-book type. IM1 was fun, witty, sleek, stylish, and featured the return of the charismatic, the dashing RDJ. And it didn't bog itself down with excess baggage or angst. I put it in a special category with Superman 1. Nothing but wow.

The more I see of Thor, the better it looks to me. My only concern is that it will take itself too seriously. I like the magic-is-science approach to Asgard. At first the armor kind of put me off, but it makes sense now. These guys haven't spent the last few hundred years not evolving.

Looks like it could be good. Trailer is very well made, IMO, and I think the Asgard stuff all looks good. Glad to see Thor actually does have his helmet, as well.

I think the Infinity Guantlet is a bit major as something to be tackled in the first Avengers film, though. Probably more an "Easter Egg" than anything else. Still, makes my geek-sense tingle thinking about the possibilities. Thanos vs. the Avengers on the big screen? *drool*

• 2 weeks later...

Missed the trailer first time around...

Thanks to JMS I'm a HUGE fan of Thor so I'm really looking forward to this (I'm hoping he'll work his magic on Superman). As for the trailer, it looks good but I have this nagging feeling the back of my head that it's lacking something. I'm pretty sure I saw some of the Warriors Three and definitly Lady Sif but it also looks like they're ignoring the human/Don Blake side of Thor which I'm a bit dissapointed about. Sufficed to say it didn't have the jaw dropping level of "OMG I CAN'T WAIT!" that the Mark V and War Machine gave me when I saw the relevent IM2 trailers.

Still...

Missed the trailer first time around...

Thanks to JMS I'm a HUGE fan of Thor so I'm really looking forward to this (I'm hoping he'll work his magic on Superman). As for the trailer, it looks good but I have this nagging feeling the back of my head that it's lacking something. I'm pretty sure I saw some of the Warriors Three and definitly Lady Sif but it also looks like they're ignoring the human/Don Blake side of Thor which I'm a bit dissapointed about. Sufficed to say it didn't have the jaw dropping level of "OMG I CAN'T WAIT!" that the Mark V and War Machine gave me when I saw the relevent IM2 trailers.

Still...

i was also dissapointed they decided not to include don(even though i somewhat understand why) i still think the film looks amazing and other than the don thing i think marvel is really stepping up to comicbook accuracy. im very glad they have all the warriors three i still hope baldar has an appearance. also the last scene of the trailer had me going "OMG I CANT WAIT" almost as much as the ironman 2 trailer :biggrin:

It does look like Thor will find his humanity/redeam himself by having to face the trails of the film on his own (it looked to me like he's unworthy of picking up the hammer after finding it). It's certainly an interesting angle to take instead of the good Doctor, but I often loved the banter between the two during JMS' run, especally when people wondered if Don was talking to himself.

Also I was pretty sure I saw a face that could have been Balder, though it could easily have been Fandral minus the beard.

• 4 months later...

I watched this trailer last night and was impressed and it got me really excited for the movie in every way until the very end when it says in 3D and then says in 2D in select theaters. I am so incredibly sick of movies being in 3D, however as long as 3D is equally released with 2D then whatever, but if 2D is only in select theaters that means the 3D releases will be more than the 2D right? LAME!

I watched this trailer last night and was impressed and it got me really excited for the movie in every way until the very end when it says in 3D and then says in 2D in select theaters. I am so incredibly sick of movies being in 3D, however as long as 3D is equally released with 2D then whatever, but if 2D is only in select theaters that means the 3D releases will be more than the 2D right? LAME!

Agreed. The tech they use at my local cinema is pretty poor. The head-sets are heavy and the lenses are often covered in fingerprints. The film ends up being about $7 more expensive and everything looks kinda dark. Plus it usuall give me a bit of a headache. I dread the day when films only come out in 3D.

Agreed. The tech they use at my local cinema is pretty poor. The head-sets are heavy and the lenses are often covered in fingerprints. The film ends up being about $7 more expensive and everything looks kinda dark. Plus it usuall give me a bit of a headache. I dread the day when films only come out in 3D.

just my two pence worth I cant see everything ever being released in 3D only for the reasons you mentioned (cost and the headaches.) The price can always go down but if the tech keeps causing minor headaches I can see at one point there being a rumour started of illness caused by overuse of the glasses and 3D taking a hit.

I see 3D as a gimmick and a fad. To be honest the only reason I see it being so majorly pushed is that it slows down film piracy. Even if the pirates are able to get a great copy of a film and its in 3D its useless as it would be unwatchable to the vast majority of ppl they wish to sell it to (Not that they care but you get my drift.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just spotted this advance review from Empire Online. They say the movie's good.

http://www.empireonline.com/reviews/reviewcomplete.asp?FID=134400

On a related note, there is a gigantic Thor billboard on the highway just outside our neighborhood. It's actually making me feel excited for this movie.

And for you spoiler hounds, if you want to know what happens during the post-credit scene, you can click on this link for details.

The funny thing is, I totally called this months ago when we were introduced to the

Erik Selvig

character.On a different note, glad to hear Thor is getting favorable reviews.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

black leather shield military uniform, no mask, compound bow (i think thats what they call it)

also has some of the funniest bits in a movie i've seen and an opening to rival the first lord of the rings

Edited by winkerbean