UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Charitymates 4

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Punisher I love the style!

Luke,

Please add my name to list, I'm going to take a stab at a custom!

Thanks!

[EDIT: Can anyone recommend a spray paint that gives a good metallic shine? I know there are multiple 'metallics' brands out there, but has anyone used one they particularly like?]

Will do! :)

And I wrote an article for the Factory comparing metallic paints here. That might point you in the right direction, although those are brush-on paints.

its okay to use actual metal pieces, right?

Yes you can definitely use real metal pieces. I just might have to put a disclaimer on your auction if there are any sharp edges or anything.

Will do! :)

And I wrote an article for the Factory comparing metallic paints here. That might point you in the right direction, although those are brush-on paints.

Thanks Luke, I'll have to read more articles on your site. I went ahead and picked up a can of Krylon Premium Metallics Chrome spray paint, and leaves a great shiny metallic surface.

I can see why you guys really get into this. :)

I agree with everyone, those customs look great!

Edited by youbastards

Thanks for the kind words guys. I have one, maybe two more to enter, but I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's.

Here are the bios:

Model name, number or acronym: LUNAR KID

Manufacturing number: 101011001

Height: 4'9''

Weight: 175 lbs

Primary function: Humanoid

Secondary function: Defense

Capabilities: Transforming hands (allowing massive weaponry and tools), rocket boosters, artificial intelligence equaling a 10 year old boy

History: After a tragic accident, robotics scientist Shogi Nakajami nearly lost his son Toshi. With his technology and skills, he transfered his son's memories and brainwaves into a robotic body with endless capabilities. Realizing that he is no longer an average boy, Toshi uses his arsenal of skills to defend Japan from endless invasions of monsters, aliens, and robots.

Model name, number or acronym: United States Army Robotic War Suit

Manufacturing number: 2001 PROTOTYPE

Height: 37' when worn

Weight:340 lbs with "pilot", 140 lbs unworn

Primary function: Close range stopping power and added protection

Secondary function: Enhanced strength

Offensive /Defensive capabilities (if applicable): Suit allows easier terrain travel, armor plating, and enhanced strength

History:

Big Daddy

The ghost of a Father of 3,Frank West,rookie cop,was killed by A Russian Weapons dealer,his soul inhabits many of his killers own weapons on the spot,and the killed the Russian With his own weapons.

dscf0679.jpg

Oh yeah,He glows in the dark!

dscf0680i.jpg

dscf0683p.jpg

Includes

1 shoulder mounted machine gun

1 right machine gun lower leg

1 left hand claw with attached machine gun

1 right hand maching gun with plasma cannon located beneath

Once man,Big Daddy is now a Super-Natural Robot.

snstr6.jpg

snstr62.jpg

snstr63.jpg

SyNISTeR 6.0 with creator, Norbert Osborn

snstr6osborne.jpg

Model name: Synthetic/Natural Irradiated Spider Termination Robot, Version 6 (SyNISTeR. 6.0)

Manufacturer: OMA (Osborn Military Armaments)

Mfg Date: 08 / 2049

Height: 12'

Weight: 1.5 Tons

Primary function: Combat

Secondary function: Location/Extermination

Offensive /Defensive capabilities:

- "ELECTRO-bolts", powered by "MYSTERIOrb" (using Tesla-inspired solar tech)

- "SHOCKER" Gauntlets - powerful concussive blasts.

- Laser-guided "OCTOPUS" arms

- "VULTure" Arm-blades, coated with deadly 'Goblin poison'.

- "S.C.O.R.P.I.O.N." mechano-tail, coursing with paralyzing Carnage-toxin

- Flame Thrower, Gattling Gun, Missile launcher

History:

After New York was devastated by the Irradiated Spider Infestation of 2046, Osborn Military Armaments

began work on a series of robotic Hunter/Killer weapons, to destroy the remaining human/spider hybrids

before they were able to leave Manhattan.

CEO Norbert Osborn claims to have terminated all but one hybrid, which currently eludes the killing machines

in the formerly populated area of Forest Hills, Queens.

Edited by youbastards

Indeed that is very cool!

I should probably remind everyone who hasn't finished their customs (myself included!) that I will be taking pictures for the ebay auctions starting on June 1st, so that will give you an idea on when you need to mail these to me, depending on your location. If you don't have my address, please send me a PM. Thanks! :)

The first of my Charitymates robots is finally done! I present to you Otto Tobor:

otttbr_one.jpg

I made Otto because of my love of the robots from 1930's movie serials. You can check out more pictures of him at my website here.

Model name: Otto Tobor

Manufacturer: Unknown prop-master for RKO Pictures

Mfg Date: 04 / 1930

Height: 7'

Weight: .75 tons

Primary function: Acting

Secondary function: Self-Promotion, Public Appearances

History:

Created by a bright and ambitious Hollywood prop-master, the robot Otto Tobor was programmed with only the finest acting protocols, and starred in numerous movie serials such as "The Undersea Robot", "Robot Men on the Moon", and "The Phantom Robot". Still functioning today, Otto's acting glory days may be behind him but he can still be seen auditioning for movie roles and TV reality shows.

Edited by boyd

May I present the second of my Charitymates robots - the military-bot Art.U.238!

artu238_one.jpg

You can check out more pictures of him at my website here.

Model name: Artillery Unit #238

Manufacturer: Saturnian Craft Guild for the Orion Pool

Mfg Date: Stardate 12.892.4401

Height: 8.5'

Weight: 2.85 tons

Primary function: Combat

Secondary function: Demolitions

History:

Short for Artillery Unit #238, the robot Art.U.238 was created by the Orion Pool, a multi-planet military coalition. The Artillery Units are semiautonomous robots designed to give artillery support to the Orion ground troops, each designated by a three number call sign. Each Artillery Unit can deliver variable payloads through its chest-mounted cannon, ranging from high explosives to incendiaries to chemical weapons, and come equipped with a standard multi-function targeting system and all-terrain tracks capable of providing them a top speed of 65 mph.

Edited by boyd