UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

I found these at the Union Square (San Francisco) Borders this week.

I scored the Happy Hogan Variant and Exclusive for myself and another Exclusive for one of the members who lives nearby.

Oddly enough, I think that the other Borders (Westfield) must have sold the case or something... 'cause I never got the call they promised, when they "came in stock".

I'm sure glad that I "cultivated additional options" and didn't wait

Edited by captain_cbecker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say I like the face on the new Pepper. It looks really big when compared to the old one and I feel it brings it down in quality.

Yeah, it's like I've been saying, newer isn't always better.

i love the pepper! i think she is great if any wants to trade i got 2 spares of the first one and i will gladly send you for the new one.

I think the newer Pepper looks closer to the actress in appearance for some reason...though I'd much rather also have a 616 Pepper...heck, even an IM: Armored Adventures one would be interesting. LOL

Can't say I like the face on the new Pepper. It looks really big when compared to the old one and I feel it brings it down in quality.

agreed- old Pepper for sure!!

I hear some of you are finding Happy Hogan @ Borders. Anybody care to post some pics of him?

I saw, but did not buy the guy. He looks pretty much like this:

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=762

with a slightly different coat and that suitcase accessory.

I do think the new Pepper looks more like Gwyneth Paltrow. But that doesn't make her any less booooring.

In the case of Marvel Minimates, it almost always is. Especially when you look at some of the mediocre to bad releases we got back at the beginning.

I snagged my Borders exclusive today!!! I'm still on the lookout for extras for the forum, so hopefully the other local stores will be getting them soon.

I also got 2 of the Happy/Drone sets that I plan to open for the Drone.

If anyone wants to trade for Happy (and the packaging if you want it), I would be willing to 1:1 trade for Multiple Mans (Men?)/Sentinels/Skrulls.

PM me if interested.

UPDATE: Both Happy's have been claimed.

Edited by youbastards

I foresee Happy Hogan as the easiest to find variant in Mavel history. The fact that Borders is getting lots of them out to people before the wave has been released through other retailers and the fact that he might be the lamest character to make a variant of seems to have the deck stacked against him.

hey guy just letting u know that my TRU got 2 cases of ironman 2 mates and if anyone wants any i would gladely pick them up for u and i might pick some up for a trade maybe anyway just wanted to let u guys know ahhhh im so excited gasp forgot to breath...

excuse the crap iPhone camera, my girl keeps the good one on her.

6b05827f.jpg

f685ff3a.jpg

here are better ones, i found my old camera. sorry for the others blur fest, i looked good on the small screen.

DSC04423.jpg

DSC04422.jpg

Edited by mrjasontodd

happy hogan may be the most boring variant but he does come with the suitcase!

Yeah, I almost bought that pack for the suitcase alone. . .then I came to my senses. I guess he is a fairly important character in relation to Tony, but dang.

I managed to score the Borders exclusive, thanks to only getting 2 hours of sleep & therefore taking the day off work. If I hadn't, I'd been screwed, because there was f*** all of anything else.

And, still no TRU exclusives...

I don't like the new Pepper all that much (not looking forward to having a crapload of her, thanks to my troop-building compulsion), nor am I digging the weird..."bubble head" helmets for IM/WM. :huh:

I guess he is a fairly important character in relation to Tony, but dang.

If the movie novel is accurate, Happy should have a lot of screen time. But, that won't won't keep him from sitting on the shelf with Gen. Ross, Transformation Venom and Unmasked Daredevil.

Edited by groundhog7s