UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, by total mistake i ended up going with my mom for her salon appointment yesterday after m brother's lacrosse game. Needless to say, there was a Borders RIGHT NEXT DOOR, and you can guess where the hell i was. ;)

I spent some time browsing the trades, almost buying Kick-ass, but decided just t ask if they got Minimates in; yea, that'll happen, right?? Got up to the desk, and they had the rest of the Marvel Select sets lined up (i bought both two weeks before). Right in front of them sat the Minimates. :)

Picked up the only Exclsive set, one Pepper and one Happy. I plan on giving my LCS my good business, and after reading the book i am most definitely army-building these drones, so this is more than reasonable for.

Very happy with them overall. I can't put down sunglasses-Tony as expected, but Pepper is really growing on me the more i look at her. The Suitcase is nice, too; handcuffs were a b!tch to figure out though, and i'd have preferred they could loop into the handle somehow. Oh well.

TRU exclusives arrived last weekend too. I love Black Widow. :)

These seem to have hit several of the Borders in Northern Cal. and the TRU waves landed here late this week.

Borders has been pretty good about finding these in stock and holding them - sadly they are doing much better than TRU, a dedicated "toy store".

I was a little let down by the first Borders that was going to call me when they got them and then nada... important lesson about putting too many eggs in one basket

TRU IM 2 at totawa NJ. And found the other wave at Borders NYC Penn Station, cleaned them out :banana:

I had tried the borders @ penn station but it had zero zip zilch

Tried a borders in jersey though and scored a pack - Was odd they had more happy hogans than exclusives?

Favor to ask. Can one of you guys that have opened the Borders packs tell me the manufacturer date codes on the back of the crotch pieces? (Usually something like 091127KK.)

I'm working on the MMDB update, but since I haven't even assembled a complete set I'm hesitant to open the few I have found.

Many thanks.

Favor to ask. Can one of you guys that have opened the Borders packs tell me the manufacturer date codes on the back of the crotch pieces? (Usually something like 091127KK.)

I'm working on the MMDB update, but since I haven't even assembled a complete set I'm hesitant to open the few I have found.

Many thanks.

I'm looking at a Drone right now and it says 091225KK. And my wife says, 'Why are you looking at that robot's butt?'. I'd swear, Minimates are going to get me divorced.

Went back to my local Borders today and they got a bunch more IM2 Minimates in from when I came by last. I picked up the Borders exclusive set since it was the only one that I didn't have. But they had all the other IM2 sets.

Man, with Borders AND TRU basically having the entire wave 35 set of Minimates, what's the point of sending them to comic retailers now? Everyone will probably have the whole wave by the time they show up in comic stores and they'll sit.

found em in TRU white plains NY, only a few packs tho, they were already basically wiped out! Is there anyone here who frequents that one? I was able to pick up the whiplash, black widow and mark v iron man sets. Others were gone, altho I think those are the best of the wave. Also for anyone going there, they are not with the IM 2 stuff, they are down another isle with the video game figures.

The drone sets don't do a lot for me, altho i haven't seen them in person. based on pictures, they look like they are unfinished or something.

I got an extra C2E2 2-pack. In all of my post-con excitement, I accidentally cut the tape on the side before I realized I had already opened one of them. If anyone's interested, I'd like to trade it for either a Pepper/Drone pack or a Ground assault and Sea Assault Drone. Just to clarify, I'm looking for the one 2-pack or the two Drones. PM me if you're interested. :)

Many thanks.

I'm looking at a Drone right now and it says 091225KK. And my wife says, 'Why are you looking at that robot's butt?'. I'd swear, Minimates are going to get me divorced.

Your sacrifice is appreciated and will be handsomely rewarded.

So hey, Now that C2E2 is over, and I've had a day to recover, it jsut occured to me, I wanted to come here and write up a little mini-review on one of the six new Iron Man mates that debuted at the con. One which I was slightly unhappy with...

That mate being Battle-Damaged War Machine...

Upon opening my 4-Pack and examining him, I found myself asking, "Wait... this figure is supposed to be battle damaged?"

I honestly for a moment wondered if they'd just put a normal War Machine in my set by mistake.

1st off, if you look at the preview/prototype pictures, he has some scratches, dings & scrapes on his faceplate. The real figure has none of these. His face plate is clean. It's more than clean, it's shiny.

Secondly, he... -might- have the Black "Burn" scuffs characteristic of battle damaged iron man figures... but since his color scheme is a monochromatic dark grey and silver, I honestly can't tell. And black scuffs that might be on the figure blend into the grey so well that they don't register.

Frankly, the figure doesn't look battle damaged at all, to me. Now I don't actually have the regular, non-damaged War Machine yet, so I can't speak on how it compares side by side. Maybe if I get them together the differences will be more apparent.

But comparing this fig to pics of the normal one on minimate database, the only visible difference I notice is there's a different rhodey head under the helmet.

To me, that's incredibly poor execution for a "Battle Damaged" figure.

This is definately a figure that suffered greatly from cutbacks between the prototype and general release.

PS. The damage on Iron Man has similarly been toned down between the prototype and the release fig, but on Iron Man, the black scuffs at least show up on his red and gold armor. Better than Rhodey, but not as good as the Battle Damaged Mark 3 from Iron Man 1.

Edited by Gillbob316

Another extremely minor advantage to the disappointing battle damage: It's a good movie WM stand-in for those guys who couldn't get their hands on the comic shop waves.

Or the TRU waves.

Or the Borders ones.

<_<

I remember opening up my first ,single pack Cylons & going absolutely ballistic because I thought the ebay seller had shafted me by swapping out the Battle-damaged Cylons & replacing them with 'ordinary' . :P That was years ago & I remember my reaction being mirrored here by other people as well but having just seen the BD Hammer drones nothing has improved the ......er....um...damage . It's obviously the same case with the BD War Machine.....pity :( The only good thing about the BD 'army builders' is that they look hilarious ( funny anyway) if you line a few up together ......& if you can detect their damage/injury ....so accurate is the 'incoming' they all get hit in the same place.

Perhaps DST could solve the problem by sending out the next BD figure with an arm or leg missing ........similar to the Rocky box-set or the C3 Batcave.

Got an email today from AFX. They're giving away the Battle Tactics box set free with minimate orders over $35. Seems like a good deal, their shipping is still way too expensive for me though.

It's great if you order from them anyway though or were planning on getting some mates from them soon.

And don't forget folks, use that link at the top right of the screen to get to AFXs site so that the Multiverse gets it's fair share.... :thumbsup:

For anybody in Illinois almost all the TRU in Dupage have them, If you dont see them on selfves ask with the item number 431293. Good luck!

None at the St. Charles TRU.

St. Charles?? I've been there 4-5 times since 1998. My company has a training facility there. Cadillac Ranch...Woot Woot!!

Edited by Webhead