UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spider-man Friends and Foes

SouthFLGuy

Wow! That was surprising. I think I really like the set. Spidey is somehow useless although this might be something like the ultimate (not in sense of universe) battle damaged Spidey. Black Cat looks way better than the old one, but I fell she doesn't look right at all. I don't know way. Please tell me, TM2. Vulture is very cool and I guess we will be seeing Falcon in the next waves. You folks are right. I was a little bit disturbed by Doc Ock since I really thought they only gave him two tentacles. But then I saw that you can see a tiny bit of the lower to. So, great improvement!

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice.

I like the new Ock. It's a much needed upgrade. I haven't been able to get a Black Cat yet, so nice to be able to scratch that one of the ebay list. And the Vulture... wonderful. Falcon is sure to follow shortly. (Maybe in a Cap based set with Crossbones and Batroc... or maybe "The Captain", Nomad, Falcon and D-Man. But I disgress)

NR- Doc Ock and Spidey have teamed up from time to time when there was some greater threat (even if the greater threat is just Hammerhead). And there is at least one occassion I can think of where Otto's original personality briefly emerged before he succombed to his insanity. And there's also been a couple of occassions Octavius has saved Spidey from others because Otto thinks he should be the one to kill Spider-Man.

And if you're going to release an "improved" Rhino, may I humbly suggest this design:

Rhino_001.jpg

Well not that my post will really bring anything new to the table about this discussion, but here it goes.

I (like most of the comments I have read) am pretty happy with the set over all.

I personally never really thought we NEEDED another Doc Ock UNTIL I saw this version...yea it is pretty damn good.

The vulture looks good, but IMO should have looked older with bushy eye brows.

Black Cat will replace my current, and BD Spiderman...well I have come to my point in collecting minimates to realize you take the good with the bad. (not that this is a per say BAD figure, but one I dont really want, and will not be in my display)

Just from the responses I have seen here today, can you imagine what would happen if DST DOESN'T make a Falcon using the Vulture wing design? I would assume riots in the streets.

Anyway an unexpected surprise for a sunday afternoon. I look forward to buying this set.

In my mind the remaining essential Spidey Villians

Lizard

after that it is all gravy.

moc847

If we're talking Jackal and box sets, he's got to go in a clone saga set. Jackal, Kaine, Scarlet Spider redo, and if we can escape another Spider-Man redo, maybe a redo of Gwen Stacy, since she ties into the story via her own clone.

Oh, I like that idea. New plan for Spidey-related boxsets:

Clone Sage:

Scarlet Spider (redo with better eyes at least)

Jackal

Kaine

Gwen Stacy (could definitely use an update)

Scientists and Monsters:

Spider-Man (six arms)

Morbius the Living Vampire

The Lizard

Man-Wolf

Sinister Syndicate:

Rhino (redo)

Beetle

Boomerang

Speed Demon

I would love to get all of those characters at some point, and if we could get them bunched together like this without 10 extra Spider-Man minimates, I'm all for it! Use Spidey to help sell his lesser known rogues in regular waves. We still have to get guys like Doppleganger, Smythe, Spider-Slayers, Tinkerer, Enforcers, Hammerhead, and more.

Colonel America, I'd be down for all of those, the only change I'd make would be to replace Gwen from the Clone Saga set with Ben Reilly, but other than that I love all three sets. I've never been a fan of Six-Armed Spider-Man but I think it would be much cooler to get than multiple versions of a Spidey variant. It's really bizarre to me that now we have multiple versions of variations of him, especially since there are still untapped variations out there.

Colonel America, I'd be down for all of those, the only change I'd make would be to replace Gwen from the Clone Saga set with Ben Reilly, but other than that I love all three sets. I've never been a fan of Six-Armed Spider-Man but I think it would be much cooler to get than multiple versions of a Spidey variant. It's really bizarre to me that now we have multiple versions of variations of him, especially since there are still untapped variations out there.

I'm not hankering for another Ben Reilly, but if it happened that way, I'd be fine with it. I really love the Spider-Man cast of characters, so any of these sets would be a dream for me.

Spidey variant fatigue aside, what really bothers me is that Spidey is already pretty close to getting his full rogues gallery in Minimate form, which is more than I can say for everybody else. What about the X-Men villains? The Avengers ones? Fantastic Four? I just hope DST put as much thought into filling out those rosters as they currently do for Spidey's.

Spidey's got the most iconic villains in the Marvel U (sorry Kang). The equivalent to Batman's Rogue's Gallerytm in DC. But yeah, it is time we got ourselves various other baddies as discussed in various other "wish lists" floating around here. The assorted incarnations of the Masters of Evil and Brotherhood of Evil Mutants being perhaps the most important, IMO. . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Masters_of_Evil_members

Edited by karamazov80

Spidey variant fatigue aside, what really bothers me is that Spidey is already pretty close to getting his full rogues gallery in Minimate form, which is more than I can say for everybody else. What about the X-Men villains? The Avengers ones? Fantastic Four? I just hope DST put as much thought into filling out those rosters as they currently do for Spidey's.

They've been too busy filling out the rosters for the X-Men and the Avengers themselves, in their various endless eras and incarnations, to get to many of the villains ;)... Plus the heros always seem to outnumber and be more memorable than the villains in Marvel's big team books, with some notable exceptions (quite a few of which we have gotten).

With the FF I think they've done well -- Doom, Namor, Super-Skrull, Surfer and Galactus. Any truly major bad guys left? Mole Man I guess?

Edited by battlecat

I was a big fan of the old Black Cat-- even if she was simplistic and reused pieces, she still had character and displays well. The upgrade is still a big welcome. The more Felicia merch, the better. :)

With the FF I think they've done well -- Doom, Namor, Super-Skrull, Surfer and Galactus. Any truly major bad guys left? Mole Man I guess?

As far as major FF villains go, I think we still need Annihilus, Puppet Master, Mole Man, and Terrax. I also think that DST could make some amazing minimates of Blastaar, Dragonman, and Firelord. :)

Vulture is an awesome looking MiniMate. She's probably not going to get as much support as Falcon, but i'd REALLY love to see a Deathbird made now that they've solved the wing issue.

Doc Ock (as everyone else has stated) is a great looking update.

Spiderman is to be expected . . . so i'm not too bummed about it because i expect to see him in almost every wave as it is.

For me - the real let down is Black Cat. Don't get my wrong . . . her sculpt is awesome! I love her new hair. The fur on her ankles and collar are brilliant (is anyone else wondering if her fur is a reversible version of Vultures?), HOWEVER - i'm really bummed about every female figure coming out with a serene/happy/flirty look on her face!!!

With the exception of the rereleased SpiderWoman, every single chick has been rendered useless for battle scenes due to an enthusiastic grin, sly smile, or knowing grin.

It's be nice to see a determined/angry/aggressive female face tampo in the near future.

Rant over! Recommencing Vulture-related joy. . . . . now.

BLACK CAT! OMG! OMG! BLACK CAT! OMG! BLACK CAT!!!!!!

*deep breaths*

Okay, I'm okay. WOHOO! Wait, I'm still good. The entire set is amazing. Doc Ock looks purely awesome. Spidey is actually Torment Spidey an iconic battle damaged version. So, he's welcome. Vulture looks just like I thought he would. Black Cat... Ah, Black Cat, as welcome as moonlight. This is her modern costume as opposed to her First Appearance that we got before.

Makes me happy.

I need 2. Or 3. oh, tell you what. Yall just give me all the Black Cats that yall don't want! MWAHAHAHA!

Now waits for TM2 Dino to have a "geekgasm" over Black Cat :lol:

Or to be incredibly upset about some minor detail.

*deep breaths*

Okay, I'm okay. WOHOO! Wait, I'm still good. The entire set is amazing. Doc Ock looks purely awesome. Spidey is actually Torment Spidey an iconic battle damaged version. So, he's welcome. Vulture looks just like I thought he would. Black Cat... Ah, Black Cat, as welcome as moonlight. This is her modern costume as opposed to her First Appearance that we got before.

Makes me happy.

I need 2. Or 3. oh, tell you what. Yall just give me all the Black Cats that yall don't want! MWAHAHAHA!

I am surprised it took this long for you prediction to come true K80.

not bad, but I wanted a more modern doc ock :(

the rest are okay, but vultures the only one I really want.

Not sure If i'm gonna buy it or not.

Now waits for TM2 Dino to have a "geekgasm" over Black Cat :lol:

Or to be incredibly upset about some minor detail.

*deep breaths*

Makes me happy.

I am surprised it took this long for you prediction to come true K80.

I'm hardly, if ever, online on Sundays. I always end up missing big stuff apparently. :P

They've been too busy filling out the rosters for the X-Men and the Avengers themselves, in their various endless eras and incarnations, to get to many of the villains ;)... Plus the heros always seem to outnumber and be more memorable than the villains in Marvel's big team books, with some notable exceptions (quite a few of which we have gotten).

For FF, I'd want to see the following before they're done:

Mole Man

Frightful Four Members: Wizard, Sandman (alt suit), Trapster, Medusa

Galactus Heralds: Terrax, Firelord, Airwalker

Annihilus

Diablo

Psycho-Man

Mad Thinker / Awesome Android

...plus some way to do a giant Gormuu! Get rights to do rotocast "Minimate Banks" like Sta-Puft.

RE: Spidey Set: SWEET. Love the Vulture and New Ock.

As far as major FF villains go, I think we still need Annihilus, Puppet Master, Mole Man, and Terrax. I also think that DST could make some amazing minimates of Blastaar, Dragonman, and Firelord. :)

I guess by "major villains" I meant more "villains I have heard of despite not really reading FF and knowing them mostly through appearances in other books," but that is a rather specific standard of inclusion, I admit! I could add Annihilus to that list, just :P

HOWEVER - i'm really bummed about every female figure coming out with a serene/happy/flirty look on her face!!!

With the exception of the rereleased SpiderWoman, every single chick has been rendered useless for battle scenes due to an enthusiastic grin, sly smile, or knowing grin.

It's be nice to see a determined/angry/aggressive female face tampo in the near future.

There's also Valkyrie, Dark Phoenix, Sue Storm, NXM Jean... but yeah, normally I'd agree it's excessive. But Black Cat is one of Marvel's biggest flirts so it works for me in this one case.

Edited by battlecat

I'm trying to think of the major Spidey villains we still need:

Demogoblin

Lizard

Hammerhead

Jackal

Molten Man

Puma

Tombstone

Silvermane

Spot

Swarm

Aside from the Lizard, I think we are starting to reach the bottom of the barrel for major Spider-Man villains. A lot of other villains from Spidey double as villains in other comics: Beetle, Tinkerer, Boomerang, and Morbius. We do need Hammerhead and Tombstone to complete a Sinister Twelve.

I'd love to see the following Z-list Spidey villains though:

Jack O'Lantern

The Rose

Kangaroo

Mister Negative

Speed Demon

Vermin

Will o' The Wisp

Slyde

Supporting characters we MUST have made:

Mary Jane Watson

Aunt May

Ben Parker

Flash Thompson

Finally, we have a lot of Spider-Man variants we still need to see:

Puny Parker

Wrestler Spider Costume "Masked Marvel"

Bag-Man

Negative Zone

Ninja-Spider

Six-Armed Spider-Man

Man-Spider

Amazing Spider-Man #500 Final Costume - Jacket, Mask, Gloves

Spider-Man 2211

Madame Web

Spider-Pheonix

Amazing Spider-Man #213 Faded Pink Costume

German Die Spinne Version

Hulk-Spider

Death's Head Spidey

Damn, I'll have to get at least 2 of these, one for the regular Doc Ock and one with my mega bloks tentacle fix. He looks great but those arms look a little thin and may be hard to stand him on them.

The Spidey is cool especially if you think of this set like the heroes and villains sets - starter sets. Plus a good point was made that we haven't had a BD spidey with the mouth ripped off, its always been an eye showing.

Black Cat is not my favorite spidey woman, but I hated going to the shops and buying all the re-use waves in the past, and I have come to loathe the jean grey hairpiece for it. So this blakc cat is worthy of my displays, whereas the other one sits in its box.

The Vulture is the prize

As for the FF villains, Annihilus, Mole Man, Diablo, Mad Thinker, The Wizard, Puppetmaster, and even Red Ghost and his Space apes would be awesome. A new powerhouse Rhino and juggernaut are needed, and Mr Sinister and Omega Red. But I'm more concerned about Avengers villains and the lone character villains:

Jigsaw (movie styling not cool)

Kang

Blackheart

Grim Reaper

Whirlwind

Klaw

Wrecking Crew

Zemo

Mr Hyde

Tigershark

Titania

Constrictor

Blizzard

Mandarin

Arnim Zola

Modok

Stilt Man

Carrion

and the bottom half of Radioactive man all need to be Minimatized.

Edited to add characters.

Edited by arnim zola

Look on the bright side, as soon as Spidey gets his villains filled out, the better chance we have of getting more villains for X-Men, Avengers, etc and then onto the vague ones. Like Kang :P