We need: Einstein and Clara.

It would be cool to see:

Jules

Verne

Griff

1985 (or alternate) Loraine

Plutonium Terrorist

Biff's lackeys

Einstein and Clara would be cool to see w/ a 1955/1885-time-parts Time Machine. Put Einstein in the TRU version w/ white wall wheels. Make Clara for the LCS version and give it sculpted train wheels.

Unless of course we get larger vehicles (the SWAT vehicle from years ago), then we should hopefully see the train.

• 4 weeks later...

Got this, today, post-3040-0-39683300-1313293586_thumb.jp

I'm a little disappointed that they left out the design on Doc's shirt,

post-3040-0-75994900-1313293596_thumb.jp

but it's cool that they made holes in his head for the sunglasses...

post-3040-0-39385100-1313293605_thumb.jp

There's wheels on the bottom of the Delorean, so it can still roll.post-3040-0-65282100-1313293645_thumb.jp

I put the stickers on, and it's way easier if you take the thing part with a size 00 screwdriver first - it's still pretty hard. It does look like there's room for Jennifer, yeah?post-3040-0-11422500-1313293638_thumb.jp

post-3040-0-73516000-1313293627_thumb.jp

post-3040-0-10921300-1313293615_thumb.jp

So I just got the flying Delorean. And as mentioned above, Doc has holes for glasses... but the figure doesn't come with glasses! Is that the case for everyone? I never got the BTTF 2 box set, so I don't have any glasses to put on Doc. :(

I got the set today, and my Doc didn't come with glasses either, so I don't think he was supposed to. Probably just reusing whatever they had on standby for Doc heads, I guess.

Edited by Smashmaster12

not to be a bother, but can someone post the item # from their tru receipt? i wanted to call to see if its in stock at my local before i make the trip. tru.com has the same # for all the wave 2 vwhicles :confused: so that didn't help.

thanks

Yeah, the item number for this wave is 589033, this won't distinguish which vehicle is which, you can only do that by the UPC code, but I'm not sure if the employees can look up by UPC, anyone know?

Here are the UPC codes, all the items ring up as "Minimates Vehicles #2":

MAX Jet:

Pirate Ship:

Time Machine:

<sigh> damn you BTTF2 box set!! Since the beginning of the BTTF minimates, the one display that has always been on my mind is Doc and Marty from that 4-pack (future glasses, hover board) and a hover conversion Delorian. I will be picking up the car shortly.. but still sad that I was never able to track down the 4-pack for under $80.

I can't wait to dump some garbage on that Mr.Fusion!!

p.s.

This thread is awesome if you start back at the first few pages.. :) I love it when minimates continue to live on long after they are officially dead and never returning. :)

thanks, the employees are usually pretty good but i still like to have as much info as possible

They can search by UPC code, but that still won't give you an inventory of what exact items are available. They usually just check the 6 digit item number or UPC code to see if they have the case assortment in stock in the system first. Then they would have someone do a visual check on the floor.

And if they don't have the exact item in store, you don't have to leave empty handed (I'm using this as an expression and not literally). You can go up to the customer service desk and use their Store Ordering System (they call it SOS) to order it online and it would knock off shipping charges. You have to be in store, though. I've done it once. It is exactly like ordering from TRU.com but at the checkout screen, the shipping is knocked off. You'd just have to wait a little bit for delivery.

Edited by storm 1:08

Anyone know in which movie Doc was wearing this particular ensemble included with the Hover Delorean? I did a fast forward scan of all three movies and couldn't find any instance of him wearing a plain yellow shirt. Throughout the second movie he wore a train print shirt that had a bit of yellow in it, but that's as close as I could match.

Anyone recognize it?

Anyone know in which movie Doc was wearing this particular ensemble included with the Hover Delorean? I did a fast forward scan of all three movies and couldn't find any instance of him wearing a plain yellow shirt. Throughout the second movie he wore a train print shirt that had a bit of yellow in it, but that's as close as I could match.

Anyone recognize it?

I'd say you picked the right shirt Ivan. Remember the prototype pic of Doc Brown from Toy Fair 2011?

5470104122_7dbaf1c32e_b.jpg

The prints on the shirt look like they could be the train and horse patterns from your link. I think DST just cut back on production costs and gave us a plain Jane yellow shirt.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I had forgotten that Toy Fair pic, thanks MINI_MYTE. Makes sense, BTTF2 is where that particular Delorean style is most prominent. I agree, the tampos were probably just cut for cost. It's a shame too, the tampos would have changed this figure from a forgettable one to a merely mediocre one. :)

Thanks BHM, that McDonald's toy looks to be sporting the radiation suit. I like how the stylized look gives him a real 'evil scientist' vibe.

anyone interested in the series 1, 2 or 3 of loose BTTF minimates? I am going to be putting a bunch of loose toys up on ebay soon, including most of my minimates, and I have BTTF series 1, 2 and 3 (all loose) and also a MM delorean. I see someone is asking upwards of $20 for a loose series 1 Doc - thats ONE figure! I am not that greedy lol. I will post here again when the auction is up.