UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Universe Classics

My biggest complaint with the club so far is that the shipping time is atrocious (no pun intended). There's no reason that a package I paid $10 to have shipped to me should take longer then a week. I guess this is why everybody hates Digital River.:verymad:

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest complaint with the club so far is that the shipping time is atrocious (no pun intended). There's no reason that a package I paid $10 to have shipped to me should take longer then a week. I guess this is why everybody hates Digital River.:verymad:

It's the double-billing on credit cards, along with many other issues as well as to why people hate Digital River.

• 2 weeks later...

So, it looks like we might be getting some news on the rebranded-yet-again DC 6" retail line:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/batman-unlimited-listing-at-entertainmentearth-com

Two lines: Batman Unlimited and DC Unlimited. 6 figures: New 52 Batman, Batgirl, Superman, Flash, and Hawkman, and that Super Powers deco Penguin that been without a home. I'd imagine we'll see Red Robin in the Batman line, and Larfleez in the sub (that's just a guess, though).

Whereabouts are you guys seeing this news? I'm not seeing it in that Toyark link. I did see those awesome Blue Beetle and Toyman JLU figures, though. Too bad I don't collect them.

2012 sub is ending nicely; Doom Patrol and Metal Men finished off, Freedom Fighters started, and first Vertigo figure. Not sure about the 2013 sub; only figure I see that I definitely want is the Phantom Stranger, and I'm not sure that Mallah's enough of an incentive. But... who am I kidding? I'll sign up, if only to help the club go forward.

Up in the air about Watchmen. Figures will run $25, which is a big commitment. I'd like to know if the quarterly figures from the DCUC sub will ship in the same month that the Watchmen figures will ship, as that could get very expensive. I guess the question's going to be, how badly do I want Watchmen figures in my collection? Can I live without them?

2012 sub is ending nicely; Doom Patrol and Metal Men finished off, Freedom Fighters started, and first Vertigo figure. Not sure about the 2013 sub; only figure I see that I definitely want is the Phantom Stranger, and I'm not sure that Mallah's enough of an incentive. But... who am I kidding? I'll sign up, if only to help the club go forward.

Up in the air about Watchmen. Figures will run $25, which is a big commitment. I'd like to know if the quarterly figures from the DCUC sub will ship in the same month that the Watchmen figures will ship, as that could get very expensive. I guess the question's going to be, how badly do I want Watchmen figures in my collection? Can I live without them?

Did you purchase the Public Enemies series or 6" Young Justice line to fill out your DCUC collection?

I think if one goes as far as to get those lines for their DCUC (including Green Lantern classics, Batman Legacy and DC Superheroes) collection, then my answer would be; you need Watchmen too hommie!

The Watchmen figures would look nice with a complete DCUC collection.

I did buy Public Enemies, but not Young Justice, so I don't know where that leaves me. :unsure:

I'll probably get them. I mean, it's Watchmen. I'm not buying the prequels, and I know I probably shouldn't buy these, but.. it's Watchmen. What can I do?:blush:

BTW, shots of all the figures from the panel at the booth:

http://www.toyark.com/news/san-diego-comic-con-58/sdcc-12-mattel-dc-display-case-update-post-panel-friday-6145/

I'm liking the rest of the DCU sub for this year. I'm not sure where I stand on re-upping. My wife is very supportive of my collecting but has ask that I not. I might see about picking these up on the secondary market. I could give two cents about the GL offerings, but I know some of you were excited about it. I ended up selling my Atrocitus to someone on another board. I just like the look of the DCD version of that, but not sure if I'm going to even try to get him right now. I don't know if there are many old enough to remember The Freedom Fighters from the 70's? I actually liked that teams original look. I also loved the old Doom Patrol. I wonder if they'll do Chief in the 13' sub? That might make the hard sell a little easier for me.

I am starting to feel a little torn about my Doom Patrol display.

I will have the main roster completed: Robotman, both versions of Negative Man and Elasti-Girl when October rolls around.

I also own Beast Boy and can't decide if I want to display him with my Doom Patrol team.

Do I get Monsieur Mallah because he is a villain of Doom Patrol?

Do I start to purchase/display different team rosters? Metamorpho (which I own) and the announced Elongated Man are a part of Doom Patrol's third roster.

Do I hold onto hope that Mattel will some day get around to making (in 6" style) The Chief, Mento, The Brain and, to a lesser extent, perhaps Crazy Jane.

What kind of advice would my fellow Toy collectors have?

EDIT: whoops, I just noticed that Monsieur Mallah comes with The Brain.

Edited by pickle

Remember, Mallah's the club exclusive figure next year, just like Metron this year. You've got to subscribe to get him.

Personally, I feel like the DP's complete with Cliff, Rita and Larry. I'd like to get Chief, but I can live without him (Toy Guru has claimed that he wants to make both Chief and Will Magus, and won't fell like the DP or MM are complete without them). I don't like the Beast Boy figure at all, so I didn't even buy him, and see no need for Mento. My two cents.

Manhattan & Lead look great, nice to see Larfleeze is finally getting released, my gorilla obsession is going to force me to get the sub (I won't have Voltron next year, so that works), I'm kinda looking forward to Constantine, and HOLY FRAKKING SHYTE SAINT WALKER LOOKS AMAZING. I could not be happier with his head sculpt.

Edited by TENIME_art

Yea both DC subs are buys for me. Mallah and the Brain are musts, and the line-up is just fantastic so far. The lack of oversized is a plus, too, really; fairly expensive for nonsense like Rocket Red. Rita and Lead were all i needed from that.

Love the rest of this year's reveals and so glad i signed up. Ivy still looks amazing.

• 3 weeks later...

Sub still has a few days to go, but it's not looking very good. The thermometer's only around 50%, and I can't really imagine that we'll see a huge upswing of holdouts jumping on board over the next 3-4 days. Well, I'm not too disappointed at what we won't be getting (the only sub figure that I really want is Phantom Stranger, though there's no one I adamantly don't want), but it's the promise of what those other six slots might hold that bums me out.

Here's a fun story for you:

At the TRU i work at, we put out a bunch of stock the other day with a new truck that came in. Now. obviously this must have been sitting on the back shelf for some time and not on the truck, but walking in to work i noticed a new figure sitting on the pegs:

Orion. Wave 1, unopened, CnC piece intact and everything. I shit you not.

I'm a little confused.