UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Universe Classics

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I signed up last week. I'm digging Phantom Stranger and think once I display my DCU I'm putting him Deadman, Swamp Thing and Constantine. Breaks my heart hearing about the Orion-Lightray 2 pack. I'd love to get Lightray in my collection. This was one of those things I saw once and then never again. Gotta love Matty's and TRU's distribution issues :pinch:

I found the Orion/Lightray pack, way back when. Got it home, took it out of the package, *SNAP!* Orion's leg breaks right off. What to do? Obviously, I bought the set for Lightray, but I was looking forward to having a nice Orion with removable helmet. And who wants to be stuck with a broken toy? Thing is, the set I bought was the only one in stock, and I couldn't be sure if I'd ever see the set again. So I wasn't going to risk not having Lightray. Long story short, I returned the set... with Electric Blue Superman in Lightray's place. :blush: Hey, it was being returned as defective anyway....

Good news, DC fans: the sub went through! We've got another year DC figures to add to our shelves.:banana:

Really? I quite like her. And I don't like most of the new 52 costumes at all (this is going to bring out the very mad emoticon from Tenime :lol:, but I think Jim Lee's costume designs are largely rubbish), but this one's a nice update on her classic costume. Certainly much better then that horrible pants-and-half-jacket thing Lee whipped up last time around.

Mattel shows off some new figures for their Batman and DC Unlimited lines, and Holy !@#, they're making a Dark Knight Returns Batman:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/bbts-sponsor-news-dc-batman-unlimited-mattel-wave-02-listed

Wow.

DKR Batman is the figure I’ve wanted from Mattel since they started making serious Batman figures (ie-gave up “Street Strike Sewer Cage” Neon Purple variants for ‘black and grey posable Batman’) I started a custom on the Etrigon body and have been thinking of using a MOTUC base to try and make a custom Batman, but this makes both of those projects moot and it looks like the Horsemen’s head might even be better then DCD’s... PURE WIN! It’s probably the first time in a long time I’ve been excited about a retail DC figure (and he’s $19 rather then $25, for basically being a MotUC that’s a steal!)

So good job Horsemen! I know the rest of the internet is devolving into wishlist and bitching (“MAKE LEAD/WARLORD NOW!!” “oh so you can break the MotU only for MotU for BATMAN?!?!”) but I’m just happy to have this figure... although the internet does have a point: DKR SUPERMAN PLEASE!

DKR Batman is on a MOTUC buck?!?! Aren't the not allowed to do that? (IE we've been fed bullshit for a while now???) Looks amazing, but it really changes Mattel's game. I'll buy it regardless, but the price will be the most interesting thing, if it is to keep with the rest of the Unlimited line.

Love the Wonder Woman. I never had the original DCUC Wonder Woman (passed on her a few times, then decided i wanted her and she became impossible to find at a reasonable price). Was hoping for a classic rerelease, but her design is one of the better of the 52 so i'll pick her up. Wish her hair was more influenced by her solo book than Justice League though (face is a wee bit flat too). Looks like she uses Poison Ivy's new arms, so that's a plus.

(Bought the DC and Watchmen subs btw :thumbsup: )

DKR Batman is on a MOTUC buck?!?!

Horsemen confirmed today he is indeed on a MotU buck (well they said he “shares parts” The upper torso, forearms, undies, shin, head, and cape are obviously new)

So officially DKR is made of win, either he’s a figure of Batman from the greatest Batman trilogy ever written (eat it critics! Miller-verse is the best and history will prove me correct) or if it some how manages to fall short... it’s a MotU Classics Batman!

Now DC needs to fast track the matching Superman (they can skip Robin if they want, I have the DCD one and Mattel’s would just be a Bat-mite)

Received my Mirror Master yesterday and have to say I really like the simplicity of this character. Apparently his guns will fit in the holster(you have to switch out the gadgets), which just looks cool. Can't wait to have him on my toy shelf. Anyone remember who next months character is?

I think it's Poison Ivy, but it might be Black Mask. Meanwhile, my Mirror Master has been in Nevada for the last 4 days, according to his tracking information. I do not understand why I'm paying so much for shipping if it's going to take so !@#$ long for the packages to arrive.:confused:

Black Mask

Ivy and Rita

Constantine and Uncle Sam

Platinum, Tin, Lead

Haven't received my Mirror Master yet, so likely Monday. He looks like a lot of fun but he, Red, and Constantine are the figures i'm least excited for. He won't be a bad figure, just not a big Mirror Master fan, and he's in the way of Roman and Ivy.

• 3 weeks later...

Not surprised. It's a shame, but i would much rather have a comic-accurate Connor and while Ms. Martian looked great i really don't need her at all.

In other news, Black Mask month! This and next month are going to be my favorites for DC figures; finally getting a great figure of my favorite villain next month (Poison Ivy) is going to be amazing, and Black Mask is just too cool.

Almost forgot about Rita actually happening too. What a great next few months this is.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I'm officially burned out on this line. Way too little space to keep them around right now with things.

I'm thinking of selling it all in one go, but I have a TON of figures. Everyone from waves 1 through 19, with a few wave 20...A bunch of the DC Superheroes that came from before the DCUC...every SDCC exclusive with the exclusive items (Gleek, Plastic Man suitcase) except Swamp Thing. And the complete first wave of Green Lantern Classics and some of the second...

Funny that I've been considering selling my collection for a long while. . .but if I had Wonder Twins and Gleek (I don't), I would probably keep those just for the nostalgia of it from watching old cartoons on Saturday mornings.