UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Universe Classics

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I want are the New Gods figures. Had I known the only New Gods figure was going to be the subscriber exclusive, I might have subscribed.

They announce it several times that Metron won, and after they did they reopened the subs. The fault is sort of your own there. :confused:

Cold but true. Although one of the complaints people had about the subscription thing is the poor job Mattel did in getting the word out to people. So it's a little from column A, little from column B.

BTW, Mattel apparently also revealed the figures that will be in All-Star wave 3. Anyone that was looking forward to that Penguin rerelease in the Super Powers color scheme... well, you'd better sit down, I've got some bad news for you. :sad: Retailers cancelled him, for some reason. Instead, he'll be replaced by a rerelease of the Steel figure from the old DC Super Heroes days (which is a great figure, BTW). Here's what wave 3 looks like:

WAVE 3

Steel rerelease

Batman (version not revealed yet)

Green Lantern (version not revealed yet)

Brainiac (version not revealed yet)

I'd assume Batman will be either DCnU or Flashpoint, though Batman Inc might be a possibility. Green Lantern seems almost ballsy, considering there's almost as many GLs as Iron Mans on the shelves right now. They've rereleased Hal Jordan so many times, I can't imagine what other variation on him they could squeeze out. Maybe it will be a different GL? Kyle in his first costume maybe. As for Brainiac, please please PLEASE do the Silver Age one that was in that 2-pack. Pretty please!

Super Powers Penguin was never slated for Wave 3, i thought. On Matty, in the Batman forum, Matty Batman (creative name...) "confirmed" that he was in a 3-pack that had yet to be announced, and the week later he was forced to edit the post so that it didn't say anything. Read the before AND after myself.

A new Brainiac will be interesting. I have the New Krypton one, and i love it, but if it's the bizarre Tentacle Brainiac or even some version we haven't been privileged to yet, i'll probably pick it up. If it's another Super Friends or Super Powers, (or a Mattel New Krypton version) they can forget it.

It's funny, the only DCUC I'm not impressed with is Rocket Red; don't like the character and something is off about the armor. But even then, it's a very sharp figure and there are lots of Top Tens with him on it, so i'm happy he's coming.

Matty really knocked this showing out of the park; who would have thought they'd best Hasbro.

Damn am I glad the 1990s are over, never to return!

Are you kidding? We're already starting to get '90's nostalgia, what with the returns of Ben Reilly and the Goblin Queen. Hell, I think half the new DC books are drawn in that awfully dated Jim Lee/Image style :yucky: . It's only a matter of time before someone that grew up in that era takes over penciling Green Lantern and says "you know what? I always liked that costume". And I don't dislike it, per se, but timeless it is not.

Are you kidding? We're already starting to get '90's nostalgia, what with the returns of Ben Reilly and the Goblin Queen. Hell, I think half the new DC books are drawn in that awfully dated Jim Lee/Image style :yucky: . It's only a matter of time before someone that grew up in that era takes over penciling Green Lantern and says "you know what? I always liked that costume". And I don't dislike it, per se, but timeless it is not.

*sticks fingers in ears and repeats over and over to self. . .this isn't happening this isn't happening this isn't happening*

Just found some older DC Universe at Target. If anyone is needing Orange Lantern Lex, Yellow Scarecrow, White Hal, or Indigo Atom let me know.

Oh and I like that Kyle. Bring on the 90s!

Edited by Webhead

OK, for those who have had other subscription, can you explain how it works? Do I receive a e-mail before they charge or any other kind of heads up on them? I'm trying to figure out when I need to have money in my account and how much but haven't heard anything from Matty in a while. When does the DCU sub recently.

I believe they charge you when each figure goes on sale, which is on or about the 15th of every month. The first figure goes on sale in April, so you're good until then. Plus, Metron is also shipping that day, only to subscribers, and the cost of your sub covers him. At least, I think that's how it works.

Picked up Nightwing and Harley at the K-mart by my college, they're simply incredible. Nightwing is amazing, and you get used to his head sculpt after a while; very photogenic figure too. His hips are a little gummy, so i'm not gonna stress any forward-backward movement (not that he'd need it). Harley is a total knock-out; one of the best figures Mattel has ever produced. Tons of artic points, hidden by the sculpt, and her sculpt is dead-on to the game model; that face sculpt is absolutely beautiful (DCD seriously dropped the ball compared to this).

Highly recommend these two even if you aren't a fan of the games (though who isn't, really). They're the definitive, and the best, figures/representations Mattel has produced. I really wish they would keep their Arkham offerings going; not all of DCD's are doing it for me, and Mattel's only slip up has been Joker.

Just taking a quick look at your link HP, it is the head that throws him off. Harley too, but not as much as him. Not sure if I'll pick these up since I do like the DC Direct versions a bit better. Hopefully they get around to both Nightwing and Two Face down the road. Although they need to build some steam on their line. They are lagging compared to Matty at the moment.

I still can't believe Mad Hatter is going to be his own figure. The case packouts are different, as it's a 5-figure wave; one packout gets Riddler, and the LCS can order another with Hatter in it instead. But Hatter is pretty much a Dex-starr...no reason he needed to be his own $15 figure. If he doesn't have another hate AND the Bat-rabbit mask, as well as possibly a tea set, i'll be disappointed.

^^I heard that through a buddy of mine Tenime. I think this is why I don't care if I build him. I didn't read the GL when he popped up and have not attachment to him. If I find them I'll pick and choose what I want. Kind of disappointed they didn't do the male variant of Dove myself.