UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Universe Classics

Yeah, the Teen Titans are one of the strangest segments of this line. You've got four really nice figures that go well together-- Cyborg, Raven, Wonder Girl, and the teen Robin. You've got a nice figure, Kid Flash, that's meant to go with the Flash and is way to short for the NTT. He's weird, because the look is definitely Perez and not Infantino or Cardy. You've got Beast Boy (one of the few I don't even own) who doesn't go with anybody, really; he doesn't go with the Doom Patrol, since that's not how he looked in the Silver Age, and he sure doesn't go with the NTT. And then you've got Starfire, who'd just a complete mess, one of the worst figures released in the whole line (and who was, oddly enough, paired with one of my favorites, Adam Strange). Oh, and we did get Speedy, in a way: Red Arrow. Yeah, I forgot about him too.

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

So: DC Classics are not quite dead. Aquaman, Superboy, Ice, and Robin will be released as quarterly figures next year, with Doomsday (the containment suit version, I think) the SDCC exclusive. Personally, I'm fine with this. We might have to pay more per figure, but considering that we won't have to buy the figures we don't want anymore (in my case, Aquaman and Superboy) will certainly balance that out. I hope that these do well enough that Mattel might decide to follow the same model in 2015.

The regular Doomsday didn't even cost out for the if they couldn't get enough subbers, so i'm figuring without the sub that's a definite "no." Which is lame. I was hoping they'd at least include regular Doomday's head as a pack-in. That said, i like Containment Doomsday, so i'm fine with that.

Happy to still be getting Aquaman, Superboy, and Robin, and very glad i can skip Ice; i didn't even want Fire.

I'm really loving the Total Heroes line; Old Man Bruce with Batman Beyond is brilliant. Definitely buying into that line.

The Total Heroes line is growing on me, but I just can't see getting into a new line of figures in that scale. The fact that they are going to be in New52 costumes doesn't help. Who knows, I might feel differently when I see them on the pegs.

The final four DCUC figures will be $25, btw. I'm just glad that Batzarro won't be the last figure released in the line.

The Total Heroes line is growing on me, but I just can't see getting into a new line of figures in that scale. The fact that they are going to be in New52 costumes doesn't help. Who knows, I might feel differently when I see them on the pegs.

The final four DCUC figures will be $25, btw. I'm just glad that Batzarro won't be the last figure released in the line.

It's not just New 52, they showed off a Hush Batman, and classic Mr. Freeze and Bizarro. And technically John Stewart is in his first appearance uniform.

I'm seeing a lot of potential for the line. I mean, you can still make Green Man and Tomar, so they still recognize the possibility for obscure characters. And the accessories rock. Here's hoping it doesn't get run into the ground.

• 1 month later...

I can't tell if i should be concerned or not. I got the notice that Digital River was charging my card on the 10th, and that it went through successfully, and my account showed that i had been charged and it already took the money. Well, now the money is back in my account and while there is a tracking number available for the package, it hasn't been updated since departing the original facility on the 15th. Granted i don't trust DR to update their tracking info but i figured USPS at least would.

But i can't figure out why the money would be put back into my account. I've never had problems with DR, and supposedly Ra's, Ozy, and SeaHawk are all still coming, but i'm a bit on edge about it. Of all months for this to happen, it's the one with the major Bat-villain, favorite Watchmen character, and the reason i signed up for Club Filmation in the first place. Oy.

I wasn't able to figure out the hook, though, now, maybe I can alter a Captain Hook one...

I think this would be better:

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/acc.php?i=897&n=Ornate+Sword

(hail Ivan)

Edited by karamazov80

I think you guys misconstrued what I meant, lol. I wasn't going to use Captain Hook's and just call it a day. But it's a starting point, since it's already a hook that fits over the forearm. I'd heavily modify it, but it'd be easier than, say, gluing an Elektra sai to a Namor wrist cuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Sooo... been almost a year since we talked about DCUC here. That sounds about right. I just wanted to bump this thread to point out that Mattel has all six of the Super Powers tribute figures up right now. I'm having a serious personal crisis when it comes to Mr. Mxyzptlk. I want him, but $30 (pre-shipping) for a pack in figure is a bit much. What's really making me think I will pass is that they didn't even have the decency to throw in a stand with him, so you'll either have to keep him sitting on the ground or buy one separately. I'm much, much more tolerant than most of the rest of the collecting community when it comes to Mattel, but even I can't really excuse this. Who knows, I might cave if they hang around, and if he's still there when Damian goes up for sale I'll have a hard time passing.

Reminiscent of the Ghostbusters Dana figure to me, except this is even worse since it is so small and no stand to have him floating (Mxy didn't just sit cross-legged on the ground). Lame, but folks should speak with their wallets.

I was a huge supporter of the DCUC line, but I can't feel anything but apathy towards it now. The Super Powers figures were a decent idea in theory, but at $30 a piece and with the ever falling Mattel quality, I just can't support them. I saw pictures of the SP Superman and I couldn't believe they wanted people to pay twice the price for a clearly inferior product.

I would be surprised at the (originally unreleased) Gold Superman and (originally foreign released only) Green Lantern as Riddler if I wasn't familiar with the obscure junk they pulled out for the He-Man and She-Ra lines.