UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New TRU Marvel Wave Due Out Soon?

fwoosheyman

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

opps i just realized i didn’t put loose hydro man i need to proof read my messages

Edited by Scorpion

I'm not sure how many of us would have extras of that; hell, i don't even have one.

Luckily, it seems the "OMG BE/MS IS THE RAREST PACK EVERRRRRRR" shock has died over, because eBay just got like 10 packs all under $15. :)

You have to look at the ended auctions. The cheapest any of them has gone is $18.50 with $6 shipping. So, about $25. Most have sold for closer to $30 when shipping is taken into account. Still very high for a new 2-pack.

Edited by karamazov80

Okay. I'm going to ignite a fire bomb here by saying that I agree with DST that these are unpopular, unrecognizable characters when it comes to mass market. I make this statement for one reason only. I was at a TRU that had 2 waves in. They had 3 packs left. A Cap/Aim, and 2 BE/MS packs. That's right, two. Sitting on the pegs. In plain view. I saw a kid walking away with an Ironman 2 pack as I entered the store, so I KNOW kids are buying these.

Sorry folks. Hate me if you will, but I have first hand experience that says DST made the right call on this one. :(

Okay. I'm going to ignite a fire bomb here by saying that I agree with DST that these are unpopular, unrecognizable characters when it comes to mass market. I make this statement for one reason only. I was at a TRU that had 2 waves in. They had 3 packs left. A Cap/Aim, and 2 BE/MS packs. That's right, two. Sitting on the pegs. In plain view. I saw a kid walking away with an Ironman 2 pack as I entered the store, so I KNOW kids are buying these.

Sorry folks. Hate me if you will, but I have first hand experience that says DST made the right call on this one. :(

How about you back that up by sending me one of the BE/MS packs? ;)

Cos I still cant find em around here!

T.

I found my Bullseye today,

I decided to finally hit up the farther way TRU I only go to on rare occasions, after canceling the trip for various reason several other times in the past 2 weeks (I drove past it twice going/returning from SDCC but it was too early/late to go in and decide on the last two Tuesday to go grocery shopping with my time instead of driving) and there was a lovely BE/MS pack on the shelf... so it was like toy karma or something.

stranger still was a Wolverine/Sabretooth pack with Wolverine so well removed I couldn't even tell he was missing at first (the tape was perfect, the box wasn't ripped at all... he was either stolen by a ninja or was left out by the factory... I'm betting ninja, ninja or someone who LOVES Wolverine variants but has gone so broke buying all of them they've been reduced to a life of crime.)

I'm practically the only person buying any mates at my local TRU recently, except for GBs of course. I have cleared out 2 full cases of wave 3 Marvel for UK members, and currently of the 3rd case that has been put out, I picked up BE/MS and only a few others have been bought. Terminator is peg warming and so is BSG, except for the 5 I picked up for another UKer. So if anyone is looking for the above, I can get you what you need.

BS

I'm practically the only person buying any mates at my local TRU recently, except for GBs of course. I have cleared out 2 full cases of wave 3 Marvel for UK members, and currently of the 3rd case that has been put out, I picked up BE/MS and only a few others have been bought. Terminator is peg warming and so is BSG, except for the 5 I picked up for another UKer. So if anyone is looking for the above, I can get you what you need.

BS

where do you live because im still looking forthe be/ms pack

stranger still was a Wolverine/Sabretooth pack with Wolverine so well removed I couldn't even tell he was missing at first (the tape was perfect, the box wasn't ripped at all... he was either stolen by a ninja or was left out by the factory... I'm betting ninja, ninja or someone who LOVES Wolverine variants but has gone so broke buying all of them they've been reduced to a life of crime.)

I'd guess a ninja at the factory who is broke, but loves Wolverine variants because they keep his mind off of the life of crime he leads. Or is that too obvious?

Edited by groundhog7s

Which shows you just have to wait until the local collectors and scalpers get their fill, then BE/MS will be warming pegs. Okay, maybe not peg warmers, but easier to acquire at least.

Now if only my local TRUs would get some in, to appease those scalpers (and Dio). I'd blame it on a West Coast Distribution Thing, but JL seems to be having issues in the Midwest. hmmm.

I would suggest that one instnce of 2 of these packs unpurchased does not outweeigh the number of stories of theser packs being purchased and near-impossible to find. If more stories like this continue, then I'll come around. ;)

I only went into the Lynnwood TRU today because I got a free ride down there, and still nothing. Although there were some GB packs left so I picked up a Washington Square Ghost which is good, but no Library Ghost. At least people are buying the restocked Marvel wave 2, there's hope that they'll finally get wave 3.

Better late than never.

Are all of the eyes messed up on the Wolverine's (with the eyes on the bottom) or are only some of them messed up? (since it seems like some on ebay seem fine and are painted in the middle)

Mine were in the correct place!

Was this the same mythical TRU that you saw the Terminator minimates weeks before they were spotted somewhere else? No picture no proof. The ball was dropped here I only hope that a lesson was learned by those that dropped it.

No. It wasn't. Am I seriously going to need to post pictures with all of my posts now?

post-51-1249311502_thumb.jpg

Happy now? Or did you want a shot of the kid walking away with the Ironman pack? How about video footage? Or an interview asking him why he left the two rarest sets on the pegs? <_<

No. It wasn't. Am I seriously going to need to post pictures with all of my posts now?

Happy now? Or did you want a shot of the kid walking away with the Ironman pack? How about video footage? Or an interview asking him why he left the two rarest sets on the pegs? <_<

congrats on the score! I hope to be HALF as lucky as you lol

I will accept the photo this time but video maybe required next time lest shenanigans be called. BTW when I said the ball had been dropped I was not referring to you but rather to TRU and DST for the short packing of BE/MS.

Thanks for the pic Dinobot :)

Just curious, but what is Bullseye holding? Looks like some sort of claw weapon. Why is it Minimate-sized?

Thanks for the pic Dinobot :)

Just curious, but what is Bullseye holding? Looks like some sort of claw weapon. Why is it Minimate-sized?

Correct me if i'm wrong (suuuure i am. ;)) TM@, but if i'm right, NR, that looks to be the clip-on claws that come with ANY Wolverien in the 3.75" Wolverine and the X-men line. I know because every time i go to a TRU i consider picking up one (yes, even though i hate Logan i love HIS show; maybe i'll wait for the mandatory Emma and Jeanie...) but the sight of this...things, make me laugh at myself EVERY TIME. they're hideous...but may not be such a bad idea. Just horribly implemented. For now i'll just stick to my extra set of hands.

And damn, TM2. that is so, so, SOOOOO great. Very jealous; my one TRU may get another set this week, but my other still thinks i mean Superhero Squad... <_<