UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New TRU Marvel Wave Due Out Soon?

fwoosheyman

Dang it all.

Okay after weeks of waiting for this wave to pop up in my local TRU and weeks of an empty peg where they are supposed to be... I go into TRU today and see the tag is no longer there. They REMOVED the Marvel Minimates tag in my TRU after having gotten all the previous TRU minimates waves.

They got the Ghostbusters, Terminator, and Battlestar Galactica minimates, but not the newest wave of Marvel...and now they have no tag at all for them.

Now I'm beginning to remember why I stopped collecting minimates.... You either can't find all the figures you want cause of rarity or because they put them in some boxset you can never find...or if you do, for insane prices...

Stupid Bullseye/Moonstone 2-pack being 1 per case. Not that it matters since we didn't get any of the wave at this TRU at all... >_O

Still need to get that Champions box set too...

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone found this series with bullseye/ moonstone in the Michigan area? If not does anyone have the TRU code number or upc so when i call i can have them look it up instead of driving to check each location. Thanks all, happy hunting!

Not YET! :D

Which area do you live in exactly?, I can tell you three TRU's that don't have them

Well guys, i had my drive drive me to TRU today at my last attempt to find the pack...

My Hunt is OVER!!!!!!!!! :lol: Yep, i've found my Bullseye/Moonstone pack!! And it only took about 2 months!! <_< Anyway, i pretty much darted over away from my little brother and mom, and as they went into the finger skateboard/bike aisle i leapt on the Minimates. There was a new case of Marvel now filled with T2 sets (wayyyyyy too many.), and i got discouraged because i kept seeing Iron Man/War Machine and Wolvie/Sabretooth packs. then i saw them sitting behind a T2 pack, my eyes bugged out, and i tore through the rack for them. Then i nonchanlatnly made my way to the back and did a very big happy dance. :yes:

Good day overall. :)

Mall of Georgia in Buford had one last time I was there. Don't remember when it was though.

It's almost amusing watching all of the trouble you guys are having. I found my set the first time I looked for it.

Mall of Georgia in Buford had one last time I was there. Don't remember when it was though.

It's almost amusing watching all of the trouble you guys are having. I found my set the first time I looked for it.

ahhhh! you lucky stiff. i have tried 6 different times at 3 different stores--- and still no luck.

i'm glad our frustration and mortal anguish amuses you, kind sir.... :P

Edited by velvet

I...... I found it! I got the Bullseye/Moonstone pack!

Went to TRU today to take advantage of the GI Joe sale, and figured while I was there I'd do my 11th search for the damn thing. Well, they 'mates there were 3 T2 and 7 BSG sets. BUT there was a new peg for Marvel. So I called for help to see If someone could see If they had a new case waiting in back. Sure enough they did, the wave 3 case. The lady commented on how my face lit up when she showed me the contents of the box.

Oh happy day! Now I've got to go to marching band practice <_<

Went to TRU today to take advantage of the GI Joe sale, and figured while I was there I'd do my 11th search for the damn thing. Well, they 'mates there were 3 T2 and 7 BSG sets. BUT there was a new peg for Marvel. So I called for help to see If someone could see If they had a new case waiting in back. Sure enough they did, the wave 3 case. The lady commented on how my face lit up when she showed me the contents of the box.

congrats on the find. my local toysrus looks like it won't be getting anymore cases in. I had them look it up on the computer there and the warehouse showed no more instock, they had all been sent to the stores. I luckily found the Bullseye/moonstone there already, but wouldn't mind building up my AIM army some more.

Which store punisher? i am in the jackson area and hopefully their stock came in as well.

i finally got my Bullseye Moonstone pack a few days ago it was funny because the manager came out to the minimate isle and said to me is this what your looking for it was so sweet to find one after two months now for the x men origins series 2 gambit and deapool!

My TRU has already restocked the X-Men Origins and Heroes/Villians wave, has gotten in the new BSG wave, and has gotten a single, straggling Terminator pack (Only 1! Strangest thing), but still no Ghostbusters, no BE/MS pack, and no other Terminator packs. I'm extremely disappointed. I want the BE/MS and Ghostbusters!

Not sure where to post this(since it involves all TRU minimate), but my local TRU is changing around price pegs. It seems their putting Marvel mates near the others. They have GB & BSG wave 2 pegs up. Four price pegs for Marvel. These are all in a misc. figure aisle. T2 mates are still with Salvation stuff. At least all the mates will be together...... Yay!!!!!! :lol:

Not sure where to post this(since it involves all TRU minimate), but my local TRU is changing around price pegs. It seems their putting Marvel mates near the others. They have GB & BSG wave 2 pegs up. Four price pegs for Marvel. These are all in a misc. figure aisle. T2 mates are still with Salvation stuff. At least all the mates will be together...... Yay!!!!!! :lol:

That is interesting and weird. Wouldn't make more sence to have the marvel mates with the marvel stuff? I mean the cassual marvel buyer is not going to look for other marvel stuff outside the marvel zone.

I've seen this development at my TRU, too, and I'm a little worried about how it's going to affect sales for Marvel mates. It works well for the other brands, as they usually get buried on the bottom shelf in the "catchall" aisle – prime space on an endcap is great for T2, GB and BSG, and helps to solidify the Minimates brand.

But, losing real estate in the concentrated Marvel section, which is where people instinctively look for everything Marvel-related, has got to hurt the impulse sales for those mates. I guess separating them does keep them from competing with Superhero Squad...

Wow, at this point I never expected to go into my TRU and find the BE/MS wave on the pegs but huzzah there it was! Got a BE/MS and the couple other packs I wanted from the wave. They moved around a lot of the Marvel aisle so I couldn't see the minimates for a second and was afraid maybe they were all gone. I guess I can just be happy that this wave showed up!

I can't decide if the slight variations on the Web Armor Spidey and Venom make it worth picking them up or not. I seem to remember someone posting about small variations on those and some others but I got the rest of the wave I just can't decide about that 2 pack.

No. It wasn't. Am I seriously going to need to post pictures with all of my posts now?

post-51-1249311502_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the pic Dinobot :)

Just curious, but what is Bullseye holding? Looks like some sort of claw weapon. Why is it Minimate-sized?

Correct me if i'm wrong (suuuure i am. ;)) TM@, but if i'm right, NR, that looks to be the clip-on claws that come with ANY Wolverien in the 3.75" Wolverine and the X-men line. I know because every time i go to a TRU i consider picking up one (yes, even though i hate Logan i love HIS show; maybe i'll wait for the mandatory Emma and Jeanie...) but the sight of this...things, make me laugh at myself EVERY TIME. they're hideous...but may not be such a bad idea. Just horribly implemented. For now i'll just stick to my extra set of hands.

And damn, TM2. that is so, so, SOOOOO great. Very jealous; my one TRU may get another set this week, but my other still thinks i mean Superhero Squad... <_<

Actually it was the claw that came with Storm Shadow. It fits rather well.

I... I may have done something very bad. you be the judge.

post-51-1250535626_thumb.jpg

You... you made him hold a giant piece of chalk! YOU MONSTER!!!

:P Glad to see the cut-out mod works. I guess we've seen enough chase figures customized to bits around here for noone to complain.

And just to keep myself sane, is this all the TRU exclusive Minimates (not repacks) we've got so far?

Stealth Iron Man/Gauntlet Tony

Wonder Man/Union Jack

the packs with Agent Zero and Silver Fox

Bullseye/Moonstone

(upcoming) X-Factor Angel/Warpath

(upcoming) the packs with movie Gambit and Barakapool Weapon XI

Seems like a whole new record for brand-new chain-exclusive characters/variants. Even the blue suit Prof X and Target Ghost Rider/Daredevil didn't flood the market this much.

Technically, repacks/slight variations like the Hulk/Abom pack, and some others (Punisher/Jigsaw? Cap/AIM?) are "exclusives," since they have the silver exclusive sticker affixed to the package. But off-hand, I'm not sure which ones are and aren't.

Well, within this context I'm referring to the figures you can get ONLY from TRU, since they're the ones us overseas folks are having the trickiest time acquiring right now <_< Repacks honestly don't mean that much to me, since I still manage to get the regular LCS wave/boxset stuff.

Outside the realm of Marvel, these would also include most of the Ghostbusters wave (including every ghost NOT appearing in a boxset) and BOTH of the Battlestar Galactica waves.

P.S. I just had a brainstorm...

Given enough TRU exclusive mates, think there's any legitimate chance DST will make them available in a regular marvel wave? I mean, they did it with the Ultimate Spider-Man/Chameleon wave, didn't they?