UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Codes are cracked, as a prize we got concept art !

TBT!

Now if only we could get Jim Lee Jean Grey and Cyclops.

With Gambit, Psylocke, and now Storm coming out those 2 are the last major core characters we need from the early 90s.

Jubilee? Rogue with jacket? Professor X in wacky, "futuristic" hover-chair?

Bishop?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Gambit, Psylocke, and now Storm coming out those 2 are the last major core characters we need from the early 90s.

Bishop?

Cable? Banshee? Omega Red? Mr. Sinister? Sebastian Shaw (and the Hellfire Club)? Articulated Sentinel?

(This is turning into a "Name As Many Characters From The Nineties Cartoon As You Can" contest :P)

I never considered Jubilee and actual X-Man but throw her in too if you want, and Rogue with our without jacket is fine by me. I have one Professor X and that's plenty. lol I can't see myself purchasing another as he's not the most exciting.

Bishop?

Cable? Banshee? Omega Red? Mr. Sinister? Sebastian Shaw (and the Hellfire Club)? Articulated Sentinel?

(This is turning into a "Name As Many Characters From The Nineties Cartoon As You Can" contest :P)

"Core characters." Banshee was a guest at most. Cable was in X-Force., not X-Men. Mr. Sinister actually had few appearances during the 90s. Same with Shaw and the Hellfire Club. I'd like them too, but I was thinking more of blue/gold team characters.

You're also forgetting Beast in the Jim Lee X-Men thing... We've gotten him in his classic Avengers look in the Secret Invasion box and his Astonishing look.

We had the 2 teams back then.. Blue and Gold

Cyclops

Beast

Gambit

Rogue

Psylocke

Wolverine

Storm

Jean Grey

Colossus

Archangel

Iceman

Bishop

Forge was there as well, but more like the guy back at HQ with hoverchair Xavier watching over things for the team and whatnot.

Jubilee was more like team mascot/Wolverine's sidekick since the previous one, Shadowcat, I think was still part of Excalibur at the time, wasn't she? LOL

Just Brilliant! Finally getting the Storm I'm most familiar with.. and Panther with both legs!

Some days it seems the Marvel Minimate line is so strong it will go on forever! :)

(knock on wood, four leaf clover, salt over shoulder, etc etc)

-Voxy

Y'know, that lightning accessory that Storm comes with would be a perfect accessory for Electro.

God yes!! Please DST, make it so!!

These all look awesome, but was there any doubt?

In regards to my earlier rant, X-Force Wolverine looks cool, I'm still whatever about WW2 Wolverine, it's nice to see a comic version with the bone claws but if I pick him up it will be solely for those to swap around and the extra HYDRA agent. I hope we have more codes to crack tomorrow, since they always seem to unveil these series more than one at a time. Hopefully this one has some villains in it, we need some more of those.

So, since about every other wave is released at Toys R Us, what are the odds this one will be there? If so, just think of the exclusive packs they could have with this wave (my secret hope would be a Jim Lee Cyclops/Jean Grey pack).

"I can't believe its not butter" Wolverine/"I'm feeling fat, and sassy" Spider-Man

Storm(I like your sleeves, they're real big...), Black Panther, and Moon Knight all look incredible. I can't wait for this waves, it'll be a good expansion for army building, X-Men teams, Avengers, and for expanding the Marvel Universe.

My only complaint is a wasted variant. Like we don't have enough Wolverine 'mates as is. A Strucker or Forge woulda' been nice...

Have to say it, for me the stand out of the wave is the army builder... That Hydra guy rocks!

Not only is he awesome but we get two different versions in one figure! (obviously mix and match means several different versions to stop those huge armies being clones!)

Now we need to pursuade DST to go one step further and release an army builder pack, with either 4-5 of the same army builder or even 4-5 different army builders so we can buy by the case and give our outnumbered villians some well earned cannon fodder to slow the good guys down :D

T.

p.s. a quick check shows that the WWII Wolvie torso is a reuse from the Platoon box set!

You're also forgetting Beast in the Jim Lee X-Men thing... We've gotten him in his classic Avengers look in the Secret Invasion box and his Astonishing look.

I think it's more accurate to say we've got Beast in his classic look and something that sorta looks like Beast.

The only drawback to the Hydra agent is that he can't easily be turned into Bob, Agent of Hydra. But I'll take that tradeoff to have the two different versions.

So, since about every other wave is released at Toys R Us, what are the odds this one will be there?

I'm thinking that it was just the War Machine wave that was not at TRU. The lineup didn't seem too mainstream enough, but all other waves afterward seems mainstream.

Now we need to pursuade DST to go one step further and release an army builder pack...

The only way I can see it happening is if they do an army builder pack as a TRU exclusive.

Storm(I like your sleeves, they're real big...)

Thanks for noticing! It's just an illusion and I have been working out recently! ;)

Now we need to pursuade DST to go one step further and release an army builder pack...

The only way I can see it happening is if they do an army builder pack as a TRU exclusive.

Actually I'd say it would be a perfect SDCC type exclusive.

Either that or as a single pack case assortment?

Anyways I'm digresssing from the topic, I wonder IF Matt will continue to tease wave 30... WoW how did we get to 30 already!

T.

You know, I don't know who said it, and I'm too lazy to find it, which means for sure I'll misquote it, but when people online say stuff like "character X doesn't count" or "I don't consider character X to be canon" it just peeves me off. We already got a Black Panther, like it or not. He counts. You are allowed to want another one. No one will fault you that. I think Chrono (sorry) said something about him not counting Jubilee as an XMan. Well she was, personal preferences aside.

Okay, I have no idea why I brought that up other then I'm not thinking straight at the moment.

I love Storm's energy effect. Can't wait to put that on some other mates.

Actually I'd say it would be a perfect SDCC type exclusive.

Either that or as a single pack case assortment?

Sorry T, but I’m going to have to respectfully disagree. I just don’t think a con exclusive of army builders will do well on its own. I will concede that it would fit the, I don’t know how to say it, spirit of a con exclusive, though. Single packs sounds great, but I can’t believe it would work out as well as the Cylons. The Cylons have a cooler design overall than the Marvel grunts, in my opinion.

If it was part of a TRU exclusive and TRU is okay with having a 2-pack full of “grunts”, I think it would do okay since it would reach the mass market and the collectors. Granted, it’d probably be 2 per case but I bet it would be snatched up quickly by most of us here. Plus, there probably would be more grunt packs made through TRU than through a con exclusive, but I don’t know the logistics.

Only other solution I could think of would be a 4 pack with a “name” ‘mate. Spidey and his Unamazing Friends! (Skrull grunt, Hydra grunt, AIM grunt)

Yeah, I digressed too.

But by the reaction here, it’s probably safe we’re getting more Jim Lee X-Men! And by the way, will Wave 28 Sabretooth be renamed JL Sabretooth?

these look great daredevil is the star of the wave for me ,panther coming a close second

Panther then the Moon Knight for me.

"You wore WHITE to a Superhero fight?"

I'll beimpressed if you can guess where that's from. And it's not a movie.