UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dark Avengers box set

CortherX

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did you order yours? I placed an AFX order on the 28th and got it today.

I know i pre-ordered mine to be safe...i'm pretty sure i did it some time in mid-June. I got my confirmation when the rest of us did though, so i don't think when you ordered/pre-ordered matters.

Hehe, I was talking to drgnrbrn316, but that's cool. :D

I preordered mine when they first went up on their site. I got a notification that my order had been processed and was told I'd receive another notification when it shipped, with all the tracking numbers and whatnot. But I never got that email.

I preordered mine when they first went up on their site. I got a notification that my order had been processed and was told I'd receive another notification when it shipped, with all the tracking numbers and whatnot. But I never got that email.

Check your spam box, the shipping notice didn't come from AFX it came from the regangroup.com. ( who AFX use for shipping)

I got my shipping notice about 3-4 days after they sent the processed notice.

The stuff should be here tomorrow!

T.

The shipping notice I got did NOT come from AFX, and it was by luck that I saw it. It got caught in my spam filter and was from shipping@theregangroup.com. I got the processing order email from AFX on 7/29 and the shipping email on 7/31. Hope that helps.

I got my SDCC stuff from AFX today, and my kids and I had a great time opening everything! I ordered the Xpress pack, so as to get the 3 4-packs (Champions, Thunderbolts, Terminator) plus the Iron Man 4-pack (Hostile Takeover), and what is likely my 15th Web Armor Spider-Man. I was really hoping AFX would drop a keychain in the box, but no. Guess I'll have to trade for those (anyone know the BE/MS to Keychain exchange rate? Is it comparable to the Shrute-bucks to Stanley-nickels rate?)

While I know this isn't SDCC or MArvel even, I also had waiting on my doorstep a set of the old 3" Trek mates. I had no idea these were so cool!

I really like this set, except for the Hawkeye. I mean, you could switch parts with the one we got before to get a nonpowerhouse chest version, but I really looked forward to getting the big white eyed mask featured on the back of the box.

I got my AFX Express Pack yesterday, and I didn't realize until after I opened them that they sent me a Dark Avengers Set instead of a Champions Set. It wasn't a big deal. I just swapped out pre-orders at BBTS for the set I need. Just wanted to give others a potential heads up. I contacted AFX to let them know just to see what they say about it.

DK

Edited by dark knight

All I need is the 4 pack with Ares in it. Took a while for the package to come to the house though. Just awesome. I have no complaints except for Radioactive Man being a little too top heavy.

I put my Dark Avengers in a display case.

post-2890-1249592454_thumb.jpg

wow dude, thats amazing!!, now I really want those sets!, I'm still waiting on set 2, but does anyone on here have an extra Dark reign set(iron patriot) one, I buy it off you, I don't wanna purchase it off TRu, and get it crushed in the mail...

Does anyone know if they will be selling the TRU Dark Avengers set on the DST site? I would rather order from them since when they package items they actually arrive intact.

The TRU site has this up

A limited number of figures (3000) will be available for sale at San Diego Comic-Con from July 23-26 at the Entertainment Earth booth (#2343) and online beginning July 22 at Toysrus.com, while supplies last. (This item will not be available in ToysRUs stores).

So it looks like TRU ordering only by that.

I just got my DA set (Iron Patriot, Daken etc) Cheers Groundhog7s!

Nice figures The Iron Patriot and Capt Marvel are the two standouts for me. The Venom/Spidey is a good figure but the the missing legs on the design let it down alot. Daken is the worst, it must be because I'm suffering from Wolvie overload it just does nothing for me. It has its goodpoints the mask seems a new design and not to bulky and it has the cool slip over shoes from the SI set but the clawed hands are terrible. The claws are all thin and bendy they flare all over the place.

Minifiend, do you know if Limited Edition have received these sets? I emailed them but they haven't replied. Are they still going? I'm getting worried :(

So I can officially be added to the list of 'got my TRU exclusive in a bubble-wrapped envelope that had been sat on by an extremely large man...or elephant...or I suppose a really large elephant-man'. I'll be sending out an e-mail tomorrow to them (although I'm sure they recognize my e-mail by name), but I wonder when they'll figure out this doesn't work.

I wonder when they'll figure out this doesn't work.

I'm sure that their behavior is rational. If their cost for refunding items sent back and losing a small handful of customers outweighed the cost of using better packaging materials and methods, I'm sure they would go that route. But keep in mind that mostly TRU services parents of kids who are gonna rip into whatever is bought from them. Packaging doesn't matter for most TRU customers, so TRU's warehouse doesn't care, so we get. . .this.

I suppose the fact that I work at a distribution center that ships out millions and millions of books every year without much quality issues makes me look at things differently. There are simple, cost effective ways to ship products that keep them from being damaged if you just try a little. I just find it a little sad that people have been complaining to them for a long time and nothing seems to change their policies.

Got Dark Avengers set 2 (or is it set 1?) today. Of course, Ares is fantastic! And Hawkeye/Bullseye, who I initially was most looking forward to, ends up being the worst Dark Avenger released period, because of the eye tampo. However, a "real" Hawkeye head and mask switch seems to do the job:

DSCN1395.jpg

The purple is slightly off, but I can't see myself displaying him "as is." He really looks like crap with that mask, and you can't pull the mask down any further to make him look more normal. Unfortunately, I can't use the Bullseye head, because there is no peg hole, yet Hawkeye's mask has a peg.

Edited by karamazov80

I was looking forward to him too :< I haven't decided if I want to cut out eyeholes in the current mask or paint the original Hawkeye mask.

Seriously DST, what the hell made you think it was a good idea to change it at the last minute? It doesn't even match the back of the box!

I suppose the fact that I work at a distribution center that ships out millions and millions of books every year without much quality issues makes me look at things differently. There are simple, cost effective ways to ship products that keep them from being damaged if you just try a little. I just find it a little sad that people have been complaining to them for a long time and nothing seems to change their policies.

I am sure that TRUs brown paper-bag 'policy' will come back to bite them in the .....er..end.Purely as an analogy..... I don't know the policy in the US but in large UK food stores cans & packs with dents in are discounted purely because people pass on the stuff otherwise . It used to be the policy (law?) in the UK that magazines could not be sold in a 'soiled or defaced manner' & this disclaimer was printed on the cover which used to amuse me because if the cover was missing....... :D I've been scouring old mags & google to find an example of this without success as yet but I know I'm not making it up . The same must apply to a certain extent with packaged toys.....or should.

I would consider myself fussy when it comes to packaging ....not mentally deranged in an OCD way,I just like the packaging ....nice & unbent . I would consider most people here including those that 'tear open on sight' are the same ....if there is any tearing & destroying of packaging they would prefer to do it themselves.