UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

new pictures of 27 and 28!

maxcarnage

Part of my lapsed-comic era reading involves 'Ultimate'. I am afraid I will not get used to Nick being a black guy...no more than I could get used to Luke Cage being a white guy......

You my man, are doing yourself a tremendous disservice. Go out and get "The Ultimates" Vol's I & II and "Ultimates II" Vols I & II. Great stuff that is not to be missed. I didn't read Ultimates III yet, so on that... no comment.

PS

Both of these waves look great. I've been saying for years I didn't want anymore X-Men but I do keep buying them and this wave really makes me want more of them. Great 'Mates!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't read Ultimates III yet, so on that... no comment.

I did read it, and no comment is probably the best thing I can say about it.

Second that.

And if you skip out on Ultimates, volume one or two, you are missing out on some of the greatest Comic Book lines EVER!

I didn't read Ultimates III yet, so on that... no comment.

I did read it, and no comment is probably the best thing I can say about it.

Seconded - Ultimates 3 is pretty much an abomination especially when compared against the first two volumes.

Absolutely loving the Ultimates Captain America and most of wave 28, with Psylocke and the Skrull being the only two I don't have much interest in. Looking forward to these being released.

I'll have to get two cases of wave 28, it's just too bad the Sabertooth variant/skrull is a bit disappointing.

I think the Sabretooth variant is about as good as I could imagine him looking.

Edited by karamazov80

I'll have to get two cases of wave 28, it's just too bad the Sabertooth variant/skrull is a bit disappointing.

True, after looking at the comic adaptation of him it's pretty accurate, it's just not exactly my first choice from the wave. Hell, if you want one of the two I'm getting I'd be glad to trade. I might keep the Skrulls for the sake of Secret invasion fodder on display, I'm not sure.

And sorry if I fail at reading, but was a release date announced for 27 & 28?

And sorry if I fail at reading, but was a release date announced for 27 & 28?

Toyfair says sometime in August?

And Gambit's new blast accessory is awesome. And the Marvel vs. Capcom 2 comparison is pretty nifty! :D

Until reading that press release, I totally didn't pick up on 28 supposedly being a Wolverine wave... do Psylocke and Wolverine have some particular history/relationship, beyond just being in the X-Men at the same time? I also didn't realize Deadpool had a particular Wolvie connection (oustide of being in the upcoming movie). Bit before my time I guess...

Anyway, these look awesome, first time in a long time I'll be buying all 8 packs...

Deadpool and wolverine were both from weapon x just not at the same time...and deadpools regen powers came from wolvys healing factor

Jeff of the Miniacs

I wouldn't be surprised if Skrull came with a reversible head, with a more serene expression of some type. In my opinion, it would make some sense to do that for all army builders with their faces showing, to give them a bit of variation.

Sweet, Deadpool comes with sai after all. I like the new card accessory for Gambit too. I hope it becomes transparent.

Has anyone noticed that Gambit's right arm has a left hand? XD

I think that's actually an attempt to emulate his gloves, which have the ring & middle fingers covered, but expose the index & pinky finger so that he can have contact with the object being charged. . .

I'm also hopeing that both Gambit's & Psylockes energy signatires are molded from translucent pink plastic.

Amen! I think BOTH 'Teeth are almost perfect. . .

Series 27 is a "get it on sale maybe" set. I like the some of 'em but I'm not as big of a fan of the Ultimates stuff as I was a few years ago. And that Hulk's head looks grotesque to me. I don't dig it.

I'm kind of with you on that one. The Ultimates just aren't my thing, and I don't think those Minimates look nice enough to be worth buying on their own merits. But being a Captain America completist, I'll have to get both variations of him, even if he is an "alternate universe" version.

When I started reading the Ultimates for the first time last summer I was really imprerssed by the re-interpretation of those famose and well known characters and wanted to see them minimaterized as soon as possible. I'm not that hyped anymore, because after reading the first part of book one the rest fell short of my great expectations. I don't know. A little too much military involved in my opinion.

Nevertheless I really like the way those mates look. Cap looks great in both outfits and has awesome details like the stitchings on his mask. Ture for Iron Man's new sculpted parts as well. And Fury really captures Jacksons face expression even better than the Octupuss does although comic Fury is just based on Jackson and Octopuss is him for real. Well, captures based in terms of totally nailed it. And Ultimate Hulk uses new bulkier hands for ths first time, right? (And duck feet. Again. Of course.)

Wave 28 just looks fantastic! Only little details to frown upon at all. I agree with Wolvie's mask. I really love those little scribblings on his mask (just the way I really love Leinil Yu's artwork which basicly consits of those little scribblings and scratches everywhere), but it's way too much for Minimates. Or to blend in even with the current waves. And I think Gambit's playing cards should be recognizable as cards - like Luke's Gambit. And the translucent plasitc would fit better, I agree on that. I don't know Psylocke that good to comment on her - I like the new hairpiece - but the other are very satisfying in my eyes.

I really love those little scribblings on his mask (just the way I really love Leinil Yu's artwork which basicly consits of those little scribblings and scratches everywhere), but it's way too much for Minimates.

I was thinking something similar. He looks good, but the lines on the head seem the kind of detail that the Minimate would do better to leave out. There is also something about the eyes that don't work perfectly for me. I'm liking "First Appearance" Wolvie a lot more, based on what we've seen so far. But then, before the toy fair pics came out I had really high hopes that this would be my "definitive" Wolvie Minimate, so my expectations were probably a bit too high.

Despite that, this will still probably be the first Minimate wave that I will buy an entire case of, as it comes out. I'm loving almost everything about it, and the Wolvie issues are really just a nit-pick.

Edited by karamazov80

I'm kind of on the fence about the Ultimates. Much as I liked the Millar/Hitch books, I never really felt the need to have action figures of them. Guess there's no nostalgia. I hope the Hulk and that soldier are coming together, so I can avoid that pack entirely.

But the Wolverine wave is terrific. I know a lot of you have waited a long time for Gambit, Psylocke, Sabretooth and Deadpool (I'm not a fan of any of those characters, and even I think they are ridiculously overdue), but seeing how well they turned out makes the wait worth it.

I hope the Hulk and that soldier are coming together, so I can avoid that pack entirely.

Soldier will come with Cap, since he is the variant (so that you get 2 army builders per variant set). I would bet Hulk will either come with Thor or Iron Man (probably Thor).

Speaking of Hulk, there was some interest here in "Hulk hands" a while back. Are some of you happy with this?

Edited by karamazov80

I will certainly be buying the whole Ultimates Wave, which is something I haven't done since Spider-man 3, and will defo be getting Wolvie and Gambit. I have recently ranted about too many Wolverines, but this is a deserving one.

Those Ultimates look better evertime I see them.

Sweet! New mates, some of the best ones yet. Seems to me that the last couple of waves have been had the best balance overall as far as design is concerned.(Color, sculpts, Artistic feel) I wonder who's designing them. The last few waves make our non C3 feet mates look soo outdated.