UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Exclusive Godfather Minimate Images

DST made MMV an offer It couldn't refuse... To debut Images of the full set of minimates from the Godfather Boxset

post-7-1237828309_thumb.jpg

Don Corleone

post-7-1237828365_thumb.jpg

Sonny Corleone

post-7-1237828403_thumb.jpg

Fredo Corleone

post-7-1237828496_thumb.jpg

Micheal Corelone

post-7-1237828533_thumb.jpg

Group shot

A Big thanks to DST for letting us scoop these a couple of days before they are released elsewhere!!

Enjoy!!

T.

I think that Michael looks particularly great, but Santino's hair ain't black! I hope they fix this. Shoes are spot on, though. I'll definitely be getting this set, in any case.

--edit: and why does Fredo have a gun? I don't remember him using one once in either movie, but maybe I'm forgetting something?--

Edited by karamazov80

Wow, exclusive previews and a Timbo sighting! It's a big day!

The Godfather Minimates look good - a better job on the likenesses than some other Movie Minimates that they've done. The different guns are a nice touch.

--edit: and why does Fredo have a gun? I don't remember him using one once in either movie, but maybe I'm forgetting something?--

So he can drop it when poppa gets shot.

I'm a little disappointed that Fredo and the Don aren't using the sculpted chest pieces that were previously shown. Don Corleone's sculpted little bow-tie was nice. At any rate, this is a nice I am looking forward to getting.

Wow.. Don Corleone looks great. I'm honestly surprised at these... But I think they're skippable. I'll get Ghostbusters over this.

And let's have a hand for TBT. Gone for God knows how long and shows back up with new minimate pics. Epic comeback man.

Tim!! It's so great to see ya again bud!!

Welcomed, so now i can comment. ;) Damn, those look great. I was kinda on-board with these from the start, since i am Italian (well...50%) and love the movies, and these look semi-better than the protos. Of courase, liek the Wolive Dogtag, i wish the ties were sculpted, like they should be, on Don. Minor nick, really great mates either way...and i'll be getting two sets for sure.

Also, if anyone wants to invest in a mini-chair for Don, this might work. I'm a huge Figma/Good Smile Company fan, and i love the Nendoroids. Since i'm also a Death Note fan, i'm planning on picking up two of these and using one of the chairs for Don:

death-note-l-nendoroid-pvc-figure01.jpg

I like 'em a lot. Ghostbusters and T2 are bigger priorities for me, but I'll pick these up sooner or later.

I was on the fence about these before (I'd have still bought them, but wouldn't have had much use for them), but now I'm actually looking forward to these.

Of course, the whole announcement comes off a bit bittersweet, since it marked the return of TBT. :P

I was on the fence about these before (I'd have still bought them, but wouldn't have had much use for them), but now I'm actually looking forward to these.

AA constantly seems to exceed expectations with Minimates. One day, I'm gonna learn not to question them. If they wanted to do a "famous civil servants" set, I think they could make it something worth buying!

Edited by karamazov80

Also, if anyone wants to invest in a mini-chair for Don, this might work. I'm a huge Figma/Good Smile Company fan, and i love the Nendoroids. Since i'm also a Death Note fan, i'm planning on picking up two of these and using one of the chairs for Don:

death-note-l-nendoroid-pvc-figure01.jpg

I've seen those sets in a couple of toy stores here, sounds like a neat idea. (You get a chair AND some mini-accessories!) The scale might be a little off though...

I also had this weird idea of using my brother's orange cellphone stand (conveniently shaped like a miniature easy chair :lol:) and painting it red, though it seems more in-scale with 3-inch figures rather than mates...

Wow! Great pics of the Godfather boxed set. Isn't that version of Fredo a better representation of what he looked like in the Godfather part 2?

P.S: Anybody else notice Fredo has 2 different hair pieces in both his single pic and group shot? I wonder which one he'll end up with?

Welcome back TBT! Good to have you back. How'd the move go?

Edited by MINI_MYTE