UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Unofficial AFX Marvel boxed set input thread.

murderofcrows

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All righty, here are (more or less) the results of my informal survey of the miscellaneous requests in the AFX reveal threads. Most likely any future request in this thread has appeared in some form in this list already, I guess.

Angel reveal thread

Neal Adam's original X-Men

X-Factor

X-men vs. Brotherhood (of Mutants?)

Uncanny X-Men (Banshee, Longshot, long-haired Bishop, Sunfire...)

Ghost Rider reveal thread

Excalibur

Unus, the Vanisher,Kang, Electro

Black Widow reveal thread

updated Cable, Rogue, Bishop

Nighthawk and Hellcat (Defenders)

Black Panther & Black Bolt

Hellfire Club

X-Force

Inhumans

Hercules reveal thread

Alpha Flight

Wolverine Origins movie set (Gambit, Emma Frost...)

"... Jean Grey Thorugh the Ages?!?!"

Sinister

Four Horsemen of (the) Apocalypse

any Age of Apocalypse characters

Mutant Liberation Front set

Jim Lee-era Jubilee

Exiles

War of Kings-related set

Gen X (or whatever this is)

Starjammers

These are the sets that i'd buy without question. Extra excitment for the highlighted sets.

Sets:

-Excalibur

-Wrecking Crew

-Alpha Flight

-B-List Avengers of some kind

-other Defenders (Gargoyle, Nighthawk, Hellcat, someone else)

Individual wants:

-Classic Nighthawk

-Hellcat

-Captain Britain

-Modok (floating, Slimer-style)

-Howard the Duck :)

Edited by karamazov80

[*]Wrecking Crew: Wrecker, Bulldozer, Pile Driver & Thunderball

[*]Inhumans: Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak & Gorgon

[*]Masters of Evil: Baron Helmut Zemo, Moonstone, Radioactive Man & Mr. Hyde

[*]Avengers: Black Panther, Falcon, Tigra & Kang

[*]Alpha Flight: Guardian, Snowbird, sasquatch & Shaman

What he said...

I'd also like to add a Defenders II set to include

Hellcat

Nighthawk

Gargoyle

Howard the Duck (I don't care how we get him as long as we do)

The Crusaders. (Spirit of 76, Captain Wings, Ghost Girl,Tommy Lightning, Thunderfist, Dyna-mite)

Liberty Legion. (The Patriot, Miss America, Whizzer, Blue Diamond, Red Raven, Thin Man, Jack Frost)

First Appearance Squadron Supreme (Amphibian, Doctor Spectrum, Hyperion, Nighthawk, Power Princess, Skrullian Skymaster, Whizzer)

I know some of those have to many characters in but thats my wish list of figures I dont think we will ever see.

I would vote Inhumans and First Apperance X-men but I would think there is a high chance of them being made by DST AA as is

I'm curious, how many people would like a Wrecking Crew boxset (assuming, of course, that each character includes their weapon)? This definitely seems like something that continues to get mentioned, and something I'd personally love. As suggested by karamazov, it'd be smart to request something we would otherwise never see and I doubt a Wrecking Crew set would ever be considered under normal circumstances.

Other boxsets I'd love:

Young Avengers-

Wiccan

Patriot

Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)

Hulkling (with those cool wings)

Avengers-

Black Panther

Mockingbird

Yellowjacket

Falcon

Inhumans-

Black Bolt

Medusa

Crystal

Karnak or Gorgon

Villains-

Kang

The Hood

Arnim Zola

Crimson Dynamo

Edited by cornflakes

Inhumans: Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak & Gorgon

Annihilation Conquest:Phalanx Ultron, Star Lord, Adam Warlock, Wraith

Four Horsemen of Apocalypse (any version)

original X-men : iceman, cylops, beast, angel, marvel girl

and

can i suggest? how about a build a mate figure? hehe

Although I would love the Inhumans, we would need at least a 6-pack for the royal family 8 if you include maximus and lockjaw. so my choices for 4 packs would be;

1: The Starjammers

2: Power Pack

3: New Warriors

4: Heralds of Galactus

5: Wrecking Crew

for Uncanny X-Men i'd say - Banshee, Jubilee, Dazzler (with the blue outfit with big star) and Longshot. that'd basically give us every character thru the Outback days.

Young Avengers - Wiccan, Hulkling, Iron Lad and Patriot with a special Hawkeye and Stature 2 pack!

X-Men Villains - Mr. Sinister, Omega Red and um.... Goblyn Queen!

i'd buy a Wrecking Crew set...

I'd also like a Freedom Force set featuring Pyro, Blob, Avalanche and Destiny!

Excalibur - Captain Britain, Megan, Rachel and a new (though hella retro) Shadow Cat... or maybe a newer Nightcrawler, though i think the old one is pretty spot on.

Def would like X-Factor, both the old team of Multiple Man, Strong Guy, Wolfsbane and... Quicksilver? no... Shard? Forge?

the newer X-Factor would also be good with Syrin and M, but i'd prefer - if we got them - for them to be wearing some kind of uniform, not just street clothes...

the orginial New Mutants would be cool, too, but there were 8 of them (Cannonball, Karma, Mirage, Sunspot, Wolfsbane, Magik, Cypher and Warlocke) so i dunno how they'd do that...

these are all the mates i wanna see! there are so many!! i just recently started reading Avengers when New Avengers started, so all the classic characters i don't know as much about, but i've been following X-Men since i started 15 years ago so that's def where most of my 2-cents goes. i also tried to avoid listing characters that have already been made, except for Shadow Cat and Nightcrawler (and, really, i'm fine with the originals, so...)

oh and i'd also like a beefed up Juggernaught. he's so puny standing next to Bane, or even most of the newer Hulks!

(i've had a few rum n cokes... forgive my typos and spelling, please!)

Edited by CortherX

Here are my picks:

1. Exiles: Morph, Mimic, Nocturne, Sunfire (other major members in an AoA boxset)

2. Howard: Howard the Duck, Dr. Bong, Man-Thing & Iron-Duck Armor Howard

3. New Thunderbolts: Mac Venom, Penace, Radioactive Man & Swordsman

4. Avengers: Black Panther, Falcon, Super-Adaptiod & Kang

5. GLA: Mr. Immortal, Doorman, Big Bertha & Squirrel Girl (with Flatman insert and Monkey Joe accessory)

6. Wrecking Crew: only if one of my picks is really unpopular

All righty, here are (more or less) the results of my informal survey of the miscellaneous requests in the AFX reveal threads.

You have waaaaaay too much time on your hands.

Just keeping things interesting :blush::P

Honestly, I think if I had to narrow it down to one I'd pick New Thunderbolts.

I mean, they've played a pretty damn big part in plenty of comic arcs as of late, especially ever since Norman took over. I think many members of the Thunderbolts deserve a mate counterpart by now. Hell, even the basic Norman Osborn does. They were the ones who hunted all the heroes/villains during the Registration, Thunderbolts began Normans rise to power, and their Secret Invasion comics were just plain awesome.

I know chances are we would get Dark Avengers instead(Which would sadly mean no Mac or Baldwin in his Penance persona), but come on? A Mac Gargan Venom and Penance mate would look so cool! :biggrin:

POLL SUGGESTION:

I still suggest to have a devided poll:

First poll: all(!) assembled(!) box sets mentioned in these three threads should be available and each member might have for instance three votes on that list. Proceeding like that we could on the one hand be able to narrow it down and on the other hand, since there will be the second poll, nobody has to be affraid of wasting his or her vote on a "Squirrel Girl through the Ages" box set in that first draft. We might include different team roosters as different suggestions to narrow those down as well. (For instance two different Inhumans roosters.)

Second poll will make you choose your one most desired box set from a composed (maybe) top ten list of round one. In my eyes that would be both, fair to everybody and accomplishable.

We may decide afterwards how much of those selected box sets we actually adress to AFX. Maybe the poll's top three and one or two individual box set suggestions. (There you go "Squirrel Girl through the Ages" box set!)

Anyway, these are my top five picks for box sets:

The Inhumans (Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Gorgon)

(New) Thunderbolts (Penance, Swordsman, Songbird, Radioactive Man)

Death of Captain America Box (Falcon, Winter Soldier, Sharon in her white suit, Faustus)

(Since The Wrecking Crew and Young Avengers as my fourth and fifth nominations are already in for the poll, I love to add a little obscurity to the game.) I also suggest:

(Women of) The 198 (Outlaw, Lorelei Travis, Magma, Diamond Lil)

Nextwave / H.A.T.E. (Monica Rambeau, Captain ☠☠☠☠, Elsa Bloodstone, Dirk Anger)

Edited by Bob Harris

Perhaps we could make a series of polls, starting with a "What Area of the MU would you want it in" Choices:

Avengers (Including Iron Man, Hulk, Thor and Captain America and all villains of the Avengers)

X-Men (including all Mutant teams and Villains)

Fantastic Four (including the Inhumans)

Spider-Man (Villains and Supporting)

Daredevil

Anything Else (including Howard the Freaking Duck and Squirrel Girl. Basically anyting that does not tie in above.)

After that, break it down some. Like with eras or even simpler, if something like X-Men, Avengers, or Fantastic Four won, between Heroes and Villains. Each poll stays open a week and by the end we have it down to one box set that we can all request should we so please.

Anybody for this idea? I'd be glad to do it, if I could get Mod help by closing down after a week (unless I can close it myself) and official approval.

Edited by Trekker 42