UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mace-Man!!!!! - Thankyou AFX

Nessex

you guys need to remember that all of these boxsets have been limited to that number and there are still ones availible sometimes looooong after the con

Jeff of the Miniacs

Well - that's kind of a relief. I wasn't aware that the other sets were also limited to 2000. Still - i think this is the best looking exclusive set i've seen from AFX. i wont be surprised if it moves faster than some of the others have. My dislike of powerhouse pieces aside - i think this set looks as close to perfect as they could be. WIN!

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AFX is a pretty good place to order from, though their shipping is high.

Yeah - just priced a couple of box sets on there & the shipping was more that the item. LOL

A- for the set why a minus and not a plus. I dont like the powerhouse chest with the shoulder humps it restricts arm movement and Hercs colours feel a little muted. Still a winning set with those little niggles for me.

I hope the chest block itself has the muscle design, so we can have the option of using or not using the Powerhouse. . .probably won't, though.

Agreed! Although this set is pure awesomeness, the only detracting factor IS Hercules' big chest piece. It makes him look like he's spent to much time at Taco Bell, Popeye's and KFC during his time amongst the mortal plain.

I love the way Black Widow's chest tampo looks exactly as detailed as the control art. It actually gives the illusion she's wearing skin tight leather. Way to go Art Asylum!

As for the other 2 sets that will be offered at SDCC 09, for sure one of them WILL be the Dark Avengers "complimentary" set. Wouldn't it be nice if the other was one of our top 5 AFX exclusive fan picked sets? I know there's no way in hell that'll happen in time, but wouldn't it be a surprise? A man can dream can't he?

I hope Angel's wings will be white and not grey as pictured. He's the only figure I really want from this set.

so is this set available in the uk via forbidden planet international etc.

if not then METAPHORIC HULK ANGRY!!!!!!!!!

It should be they have the Dark Avengers listed and I have been able to get the SDCC stuff no real hassles in UK before its the TRU exclusives that are harder to get.

If your Local FP dont have them try limited edition they get most stuff in faster then FP (shilling over) :D

AFX is a pretty good place to order from, though their shipping is high.

You know, the last time I ordered from AFX it took nearly 8 months for me to get my order. To say I'm unhappy with their process is an understatement.

I would absolutely order from a different establishment if you could, OR just buy it in an LCS if they end up carrying them.

best bet is to order in bulk, u know, put on those boxsets u were loking at, plus any waves u were missing, etc, i always place big orders with them just to try to justify the shipping, though usually its always stuff i was def going to get anyway

That basically sums up what I do with AFX .

If anyone has any stories about shopping through AFX they'd like to share, i'd be most appreciative.

Everything 'Minimate' I buy is from on-line retailers & I have yet to find one that is 100% & whether it's me (Groundhog Moment :( ) or not things aren't getting better with any of them. AFX are currently the limping leader in a very short list of hobbling contestants in a Donkey Derby.

The deal that AA DST has struck with TRU can hardly improve things for the on-line retailers who are probably wondering what AA DST are 'giving' to TRU & not to them. The 'surprise' announcement of the recent (first )TRU wave must have affected the sales of Marvel Waves 23 & 24 from on-line retailers & I can only assume that this has rocked their confidence.

It's rocked mine . :(

Groundhog Moment :(

You crapped your pants in public too? I didn't think I told anybody about that. And what's that got to do with Minimates anyway?

Foolishly I was attempting to empathise with your recent rant thread & unfortunately for us both have never shared that ...er...other moment with me before.

I have never crapped in my pants in public . I have however crapped in other people's pants in public which is far more satisfying & takes far more cunning.

It should be they have the Dark Avengers listed and I have been able to get the SDCC stuff no real hassles in UK before its the TRU exclusives that are harder to get.

If your Local FP dont have them try limited edition they get most stuff in faster then FP (shilling over) :D

oh yeah forgot about limited edition!!!!anybody have a link?

The 'banner-link' has unfortunately been out of order for a week or so :(

Phone number 01752 604414

email ltded@blueyonder.co.uk

just a question about sdcc last year they showed wave 19 and 20 do you think they will show wave 29 and 30

I feel pretty confident that they will show those waves there.....it has been the trend to unveil a batch of waves there to hold us over until the spring Toyfair.

Jeff of the Miniacs