UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mace-Man!!!!! - Thankyou AFX

Nessex

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If, hypothetically, we were to get an X-Men set, then I would bet money on it being the first picture here. Personally, I would prefer the Jean and Beast from the second picture, but since we are already getting that Angel (essentially) and already have that Cyclops, I don't see it happening. Personally, I would prefer a team like this one:

post-1827-1236015642_thumb.png

As gaudy as they look, they are more interesting-looking than the "first appearance" X-Men. But, I would be happy with the first appearance versions, and I think it would be the smart move from a business standpoint, since the outfits are so iconic and recognizable.

No chance we will get X-Factor suits (I hope :sick: --no offense to any Scottish members here :P )

Edited by karamazov80

Only thing that bothers me is that 8 more 'mates are being hinted at. There are 5 original members of the X-men. I can't see an exclusive box set containing just three figures.

I suppose you could get Cyke, Beast, Angel, and Marvel Girl in the blue and yellow suits. Followed by the updated Beast, Marvel Girl and Angel in another set along with maybe Ice-Man with Swappable boots. Cyke already being done twice in classic garb and more easily obtainable.

Only thing that bothers me is that 8 more 'mates are being hinted at. There are 5 original members of the X-men. I can't see an exclusive box set containing just three figures.

I suppose you could get Cyke, Beast, Angel, and Marvel Girl in the blue and yellow suits. Followed by the updated Beast, Marvel Girl and Angel in another set along with maybe Ice-Man with Swappable boots. Cyke already being done twice in classic garb and more easily obtainable.

That's what I was thinking too...

Could be 4-5 'Mates, with changeable outfits for 3-4 of them (to make them "different" characters). I could dig that. Though it is hard to imagine a "first appearance" X-Men set leaving one out (if they were to release one 4 pack for them, and one for pack for something else), they did it with the Avengers set. We need a "snowman" Iceman, though, as well as a Cyclops with yellow over-shirt thing. Jesus I hope they don't leave out Beast because he is perceived to be the "least popular" or anything.

Edited by karamazov80

Although I hate the sculpted shoulders that take away from the movement of the figures, I think that Hercules looks fantastic otherwise. I'm extremely satisfied with this set now and will buy at least 2 of 'em.

I hope we get more comic fan hopeful sets outta AFX and no more movie mates for those other suprises.

no more movie mates for those other suprises.

Heywoahwoahhey. Back up there just a moment. I'd hate for them to stop all Movie-set exclusives, because AFX is good at it...although i got a bum-arm Raza... :blink: I'd definetly want to see Thor and Magneto (<unlikely) Moviemates, and then, of course, Avengers. But let's get through Wolvie first:

I'd love to see them put something into a Wolvie Origins box set, as long as we only get ONE Logan/Wolvie/Weapon X/Canuck-in-shirt in it. We still need Gambit, Emma (PLEASE DST. I really want her), possibly a Cyclops if the rumors are true, and scarred Deadpool. And that alone without Logan would be a killer set.

Of course, i, like TM2, want one of the supposed sets to be BSG-related. If DST does a Final Five set, with parts to make the other versions of the characters we were supposed to get, then i'd want AFX to look into giving us the others. And, since it'd be an online exclusives, it doesn't have to be heavily mainstream or feature any stand-out people. I'd settle for Romo, an unzipped pilot (preferably Athena so my Helo isn't lonely), MAYBE a preggers Six, D'anna (BIG need), and Natalie. That'd be awsome.

And lastly, yeah would i love to see Classic/FA/X-Factor X-Men. While i do want Marvel Girl in green, i would prefer the FA set SO MUCH MORE. It's iconic and has a great design scheme to it, and let's face it: we need more FA stuff, and this would be the way to go. Of course, i'll buy anything X-men...or Jean Grey. And that reminds me:

Where the hell is my Jean Grey Thorugh the Ages?!?! :P

I think that boxset died. Well, it died and then became a Madelyne Pryor set, then that died and the Jean Grey set was back. Then it was killed again, although I think in the future it'll come back sometime.

Although I hate the sculpted shoulders that take away from the movement of the figures, I think that Hercules looks fantastic otherwise. I'm extremely satisfied with this set now and will buy at least 2 of 'em.

I hope we get more comic fan hopeful sets outta AFX and no more movie mates for those other suprises.

I agree. There's already a movie wave for Wolverine Origins so I hope we don't see another box set because for the most part I think movie designs are plain civilian like. The bright colors of the comics make for more appealing minimates.

How about an update to older minimates that need to be updated to the standards of newer mates?

-NightCrawler

-ThunderHawk(sp?)

-DareDevil

-Blade

-Elektra

Just to name a few...

Of course, i'll buy anything X-men...or Jean Grey. And that reminds me:

From your mouth to DST's ears. I'd buy like 3 of those sets.

Thank you!! Finally i get another to support my neva-gonna-happen-but-i-need-it cause. i'd buy ten. :D

As for Gouki's list...i could care less about any of those. In my opinion, we need Sinister, Three of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, any Age of Apocalypse characters (specifically Jeannie and Phoenix :P), more Moviemates (such as Thor or my Wolvie set with ONE Logan), Classic X-Men, Alpha Flight, 1602 (that'd be very cool), and more 90's stuff. And then we need BSG to continue for a little bit, Watchmen (although this is close to my Jeannie set in probability), and Umbrella Academy...because i need a White Violin to go with y soon-to-be-released PVC.

Then we can get those remakes. :P

Yesssss I can finally make Sagat now.

With Hurly's chest peice? Thats perfect! Why didn't I think of that?

FO Shizzle!

Green suit Marvel Girl with pointy gold mask

Madeline Pryor Goblin Queen Garb

90's era Jim Lee Costume

Age of Apocalyopse tattoo faced Jean (not the awful 10th aniversary costume)

While we're wishing - i'd LOVE a Mutant Liberation Front set. In fact,

Stryfe

is making a return in the upcoming

Messiah Wars story in Cabel & X-Force

- so maybe the MLF isn't too far-out a possibility?

Thank you!! Finally i get another to support my neva-gonna-happen-but-i-need-it cause. i'd buy ten. :D

As for Gouki's list...i could care less about any of those. In my opinion, we need Sinister, Three of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, any Age of Apocalypse characters (specifically Jeannie and Phoenix :P), more Moviemates (such as Thor or my Wolvie set with ONE Logan), Classic X-Men, Alpha Flight, 1602 (that'd be very cool), and more 90's stuff. And then we need BSG to continue for a little bit, Watchmen (although this is close to my Jeannie set in probability), and Umbrella Academy...because i need a White Violin to go with y soon-to-be-released PVC.

Then we can get those remakes. :P

Hell yeah! Jean Grey thru the Ages, AOA, Sinister, Classic X-Men, 90's. I want it all!

FO Shizzle!

Green suit Marvel Girl with pointy gold mask

Madeline Pryor Goblin Queen Garb

90's era Jim Lee Costume

Age of Apocalyopse tattoo faced Jean (not the awful 10th aniversary costume)

While we're wishing - i'd LOVE a Mutant Liberation Front set. In fact,

Stryfe

is making a return in the upcoming

Messiah Wars story in Cabel & X-Force

- so maybe the MLF isn't too far-out a possibility?

I'll go for

Green Miniskirt w/ pointy mask

X-Factor

X-Men #1 Lee version

White Phoenix

comes with 1 flame base, 2 energy blasts accessories.

Oh how sweet that would be

This is what I think they'd do for a First Appearance X-Men set:

Frosty the Iceman

Beast

Angel

Marvel Girl

And then a two pcak of Professor Xavier

THEN (I wish)

an X-Men #4 set aka THE BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS

Toad

Magneto

Scarlet Witch (most dynamically different between her and Quicksilver)

Mastermind

Now would this not be cool. Wish fufillment too with Toad.

Fantastic looking Herc! He's gonna come with his mace thingy! Yay! As for the news on the other sets, I'm hoping for some more Marvel goodness that's not Spider-Man or X-Men related, unless it's unproduced villains of theirs.

The following would be ideal boxed set choices for AFX, that don't cater to the mainstream Marvel heroes.

The Wrecking Crew: Wrecker, Thunderball, Piledriver and Bulldozer

The_Wrecking_Crew_001.jpg

The Masters of Evil: Too many villains to choose from, but Baron Helmut Zemo is a must

Avg277.jpg

Alpha Flight: Guardian, Sasquatch, Snowbird, Shaman and bonus Puck

03018831342.1.gif

The Inhumans: Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Gorgon

42487685132.8.gif

Infinity Watch: Warlock, Drax, Moondragon, (classic) Gammora or Pip the troll

94157407500.2.gif

Heroes for Hire: Misty Knight, Colleen Wing, Black Cat and (new) Tarantula

40147752841.4.gif

Masters of Evil:

Zemo

Enchantress

Black Knight

Radioactive Man

This will give us a Cap villain, an later Avenger, a Thunderbolt, and a major Thor villainess that most everybody has heard of.

As for the other original Masters of Evil: The Melter has journeyed into Epic Fail teritory and Executioner, as far as I know, is everybody's henchman and a less interesting character than the Enchantress. Radioactive Man has had a stint as a major Thunderbolt recently. The Never Seen Again here would probably be, if not pretty much all of them (besides Black Knight) Radioactive Man.