UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Godfather Minimates?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I really don't know about this. Star Trek in movie year gets the axe, but The Godfather is a go? It seems odd. But I guess it will have cross-over appeal. The casual buyer might see a Godfather set and go for it. And it would be nice to have some mob-boss punching bags for Batman and Punisher. But even best case scenario, I don't see this being a long term minimate line.

I think you're on to something here, DST could be seeing The Godfather (and other movie licenses) as something to get non-Minimate buyers into the line.

The Godfather could get a couple boxsets, but from what I remember from the movie, the characters weren't too visually interesting. I just hope these figures don't end up being another 24, aka, just more bland cilivians in suits.

I wish DST would produce some Monster movie mates.

Edited by hypno

I'm just saying a Chris Penn and a Tim Roth minimate would be awesome.

As has been discussed elsewhere, I don't think Roth works so well as a Minimate, because his nose is so important to his look, and of course, Minimates typically don't have noses. The Penn Kubrick actually works very well, though.

I should probably go rent this movie! :)

Never seen it?

Hmmm... it's OK. Probably not gonna watch it again for a while. Great crime movie if you like that kind of stuff. The third one ruined it though. Pretend it ends with two.

I usually don't like crime dramas, this along with TDK is the exception.

And just a random note: I hope they don't make The Departed. I HATED the Departed.

I loved the Departed. It is no Godfather, but it was a damn fine movie, in my estimation. Actually, I think Sopranos would translate better to Minimate form than Godfather. Lots of really distinctive-looking actors like the guys that played Paulie Walnuts, Silvio (Springsteen's guitarist), Uncle Junior, Big Pussy, even Christopher with those huge eyebrows. I guess they look more like cartoon characters to me than did the cast of the Godfather movies, which better translates into Minimates.

Edited by karamazov80

old fat dudes in suits, do not translate well into minimates.

Too boring...the Godfather, may sell, but I do not know to who exactly.

I know that the only reason I would pick up a set, would be to have the punisher mow them down.

Sopranos, Good Fellas, Godfather....seriously middle aged dudes in suits. I can hear the kids lining up around the block.

Im going to go talk about the ghostbusters...Which btw i think will only be 2 box sets.

my guess for 2nd set.

the 2 remaining busters (obviously)

Slimer, and Gozer the Gozarian.

As far that the GFMM....eh.

Wow... Am I the only one excited about this?

Maybe you'll change your mind when you see the protos. (or maybe I will. Who knows?)

NOPE, I AM EXCITED about this set and Ghostbusters as well!!! They did not have pics of these at NYCC Con this year, just a poster. This might be on a different topic but the guys at the booth said "they're working on DC"

really grimlock, i didn't hear anything about this, and i was hanging around there all weekend

yeah but don't take my word for it.

Ok, so my initial thought was only so-so on this line. But I mentioned it to my wife the other night. She usually just says, "Oh, that will be fun for you" when I tell her about upcoming minimates. To this, her response was laughter followed immediately by an enthusiastic "Awesome. I would totally buy one of whatzerfuck [Connie] after she gets slapped around!" So I think this line may have much more appeal than I thought it would... especially if it means a "battle-damaged" Talia Shire.

i just want my Marlon Brando in a tux and Al Pacino in his Army suit and James Khan in a wife beater

really grimlock, i didn't hear anything about this, and i was hanging around there all weekend

didn't hear about what? DC? I spoke to one of the guys to just chat about possibilities and all that was said that "they're working on it". it's not in stone but they might lean on a comic 4 pack. don't take my word for it but that's all he could muster.

didn't hear about what? DC? I spoke to one of the guys to just chat about possibilities and all that was said that "they're working on it". it's not in stone but they might lean on a comic 4 pack. don't take my word for it but that's all he could muster.

Who is "THEY"? DC Direct or DST? How was the subject of DC minimates brought up in your conversation with said party?

I can't believe I still haven't seen these movies. They have been on my list of movies to see for about 10 years now.

This is a weird franchise, in that the second film is arguably as good as (if not better than) the first one. Then, they waited a looong time, and release a really disappointing final film.

Ignoring GFIII, the first 2 films are really engrossing movies. They may not look too exciting from the DVD case, but don't let that deceive you. Move them to the top of your Netflix queue or whatever. I doubt seriously that you will be disappointed.

I bought the Trilogy on 'special' well over a year ago & it still sits in it's cellophane waiting to lose it's virginity which will be this week. I have seen the first two parts on more than one occasion but have yet to see part 3 which was always panned by just about everyone . For the record I have never seen DSS either & have no real intention of doing so ;)