UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Godfather Minimates?

I'm excited for all three new licenses for 2009 - T2, Ghostbusters, and Godfather. But it seems like Godfather will be riding sidecar to the other two, which have awesome, iconic character designs.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't hear about what? DC? I spoke to one of the guys to just chat about possibilities and all that was said that "they're working on it". it's not in stone but they might lean on a comic 4 pack. don't take my word for it but that's all he could muster.

Who is "THEY"? DC Direct or DST? How was the subject of DC minimates brought up in your conversation with said party?

DST, just simply asked them. They couldn't really expand much on that since nothing is set in stone. A friend of mine did make it to the panel on Friday and one thing is definitely not going to be released is GhostRider movie mates!

Edited by Grimlock King

Maybe this will just be like Platoon, just make 1 boxset and then end the line. I mean Godfather's a good movie with lots of fans, but I can't see a whole wave selling.

It could also be that I'm just getting burned out on these Moviemates. :sick:

Edited by Iowa

After minijeff alerted us to the Ghostbusters control art and test shot photos at artasylum.com I decided to look around and found a similar Godfather directory sitting right next to it.

http://www.artasylum.com/gallery/godfather-minimates/

There's a Fredo with two possible faces, Sonny in a suit, and a 'casual' Sonny with three different possible faces (and some very snappy shoes). Not to mention a handful of test shots with no shame. :D

Edited by Ivan

Are those revolvers new pieces? They look pretty sweet!

As for the set itself, I almost think it would sell better if the set was called "Generic Mob Guys Your Punisher Could Kill". B)

Obviously Godfather Minimates isn't going to be the epic line Marvel is or Star Trek could be. DST is trying to expand the line into retail venues that aren't into people in Spandex. There is some Godfather merchandise out there and the license probably doesn't command the kind of royalty rate and annual guarantee that a more "toyetic" property like Marvel does.

If nothing else, this is a nice – albeit limited – line extension. As much as I like Trek and BSG, DST can't keep all their eggs in one or two baskets.

If these do well, I'd expect to see Scarface, Sopranos, and Good Fellas sets considered.

Now where the hell are my Planet of the Apes 'mates?

They always look better in person, of course, but apart from saying that, I don't know what else you can expect. These are guys in suits! Michael's face looks pretty good, though. I actually just recently re-watched the first 2 Godfather movies (not because of the Minimates, they were just on TV), and this re-affirmed my love for these amazing films. I will buy the 'Mates, of course, but I'm just not getting too excited about them. Maybe an Abe Vigota Minimate will change my mind, though.

It'll be nice to get a Pacino mate, but as expected, these aren't that visually inspiring. I hope the Old Brando Godfather has an alternate face with an orange in his mouth. That would at least bring in a little color.

It'll be nice to get a Pacino mate, but as expected, these aren't that visually inspiring. I hope the Old Brando Godfather has an alternate face with an orange in his mouth. That would at least bring in a little color.

A fair bet we will also get a Deniro-'Mate. With those 2, Brando, Caan, and Duvall, we've got many of the greatest actors working at that time. Now we need a Jack Nicholson Minimate. C'mon "Best of Stanley Kubrick" Minimate box set--Jack, Alex, Dr. Strangelove, and HAL 9000!

A fair bet we will also get a Deniro-'Mate. With those 2, Brando, Caan, and Duvall, we've got many of the greatest actors working at that time. Now we need a Jack Nicholson Minimate. C'mon "Best of Stanley Kubrick" Minimate box set--Jack, Alex, Dr. Strangelove, and HAL 9000!

Yes! I would buy that in a second! Clockwork Orange has always been like one of my favorite movies, and minimates would rock!

Yeeaah, I'm beginning to think that Frank Castle would be very bored punishing these (maybe if nothing else is being released at the same time...or clearance). I'm really not seeing much in custom-fodder either.

Replace this set with Rocky III.

Yeeaah, I'm beginning to think that Frank Castle would be very bored punishing these (maybe if nothing else is being released at the same time...or clearance). I'm really not seeing much in custom-fodder either.

Replace this set with Rocky III.

A-freaking-men. Screw this, give me Mr. T.

I pity the fool that think Godfather would be better than a 2-inch Mr. T.