UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could somebody post a list of Movie variants and characters that haven't been made??

All I can think of is GB1 Janine, Luis with collander on his head, and the baby from GB2, but I can live without that one!)

And I would love to see an updated Library Ghost!

The River of Slime variants from the pic above would be a bit dull, but those miner hats would be cool to have.

Still no verification on whether or not we'll see the IDW comic series in minimate form but I did some research for custom potential....

post-3472-0-03564400-1361386664_thumb.jp

The jumpsuits are a nod to those worn in the original Real Ghostbusters cartoon- (the comic is known for doing little easter eggs throughout each issue)

Here's the breakdown:

-Janine is wearing Peter's suit.

-Kylie Griffin (the goth girl with the cat) is wearing Ray's suit and she is a directly taken from the Extreme Ghostbusters cartoon.

-Ortiz is wearing Winston's suit.

-The guy in the baseball cap (can't read his name fully) is wearing Egon's suit.

You'll notice all the women's suits have the legs fashioned into shorts as well. I went through my parts bin and realized I bought an extra set of the RGB wave (as my original intent was to turn them into People Busters customs) but I think now with a simple head/hair swap and flesh paint on the legs, I'd be able to make the new idw ghostbusters team in no time flat! woot.gif

post-3472-0-36734300-1361387383_thumb.jp

Be still my beating heart... a reissue of GB1 'mates? Whoohoo! I just watched a video of Zach on youtube and heard him say the good news. I've been putting off buying them because they're so gosh darned expensive now. Ghostbusters has been a favorite of mine since childhood. I was too young to see the 1st one in theaters... seeing as how I was born the year it came out, haha. But I got to see the 2nd one in theaters. Man, I'm excited... it would be great if they make new characters or variants but if not at least I'll be able to pick up the originals for a good price :Dhttp://youtu.be/RXGBajVXqNY

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I too am curious... any news on the rerelease of GH minimates?

As awesome as it would be to get Jason Hawes, Dave Tango, and Steve Gonsalves in a box set, I doubt DST would pursue the Ghost Hunters License. They would be awesome, though, and I would buy every single one, in duplicate. :thumbsup:

Ghostbusters news would be appreciated too, though. ;)

• 2 months later...

Yeah, hopefully we'll see prototypes of the new, less bulky, more accurately colored GBs at SDCC. I'm more excited about these than anything else on the radar at the moment.

Yeah, hopefully we'll see prototypes of the new, less bulky, more accurately colored GBs at SDCC. I'm more excited about these than anything else on the radar at the moment.

There are those who would debate that "more accurately colored" comment. We're doing them in a different color because we know people want them in tan, and to differentiate from what came before. This site shows a supposedly correctly colored production still where it's tan, but they admit the suits appeared grey in the film due to HOW THE FILM WAS MADE, and they even show a prop suit that STILL looks grey.

http://www.gbfans.com/wiki/Flight_Suit

There are those who would debate that "more accurately colored" comment. We're doing them in a different color because we know people want them in tan, and to differentiate from what came before. This site shows a supposedly correctly colored production still where it's tan, but they admit the suits appeared grey in the film due to HOW THE FILM WAS MADE, and they even show a prop suit that STILL looks grey.

http://www.gbfans.com/wiki/Flight_Suit

I've read a fair amount of the debate here researching the color to dye my 1/6 scale suits, and (as your article points out) the general consensus seems to be that the suits were a more brown/tannish color, at least initially. They may have become more washed out as filming moved forward and the suits were literally washed and used, but mostly any appearance of gray was due to the way they were filmed. You can even see in the Hotel Sedgewick scene that the suits appear different colors in different lighting. You can get a tan suit to look gray in certain lighting (my 1/6 scale suits do this). Much harder to get a gray suit to look tan. But sure, you could correctly argue that the suits appeared gray in some scenes. In any case, I'm psyched about us getting the option here. And if you want to release the less bulky GBs in gray, well. . .I'll buy them, as well! biggrin.png Edited by karamazov80

• 1 month later...