• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The case assortment I saw at a local TRU was as follows:

gooey ray-3

Courtroom Peter-3

Venkman/terror dog-4

Winston-2

I found them today, as well. I was going to report this in particular just because of how odd it seemed. I was expecting a 4-4-2-2 or even an outside chance of an even 3-per.

Edited by God Magnus

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2010/08/best...vade-toys-r-us/

Gooey Ray Stantz & Expoding Stay Puft

Courtroom Peter Venkman & Washington Square Ghost

Dr. Peter Venkman & Energized Terror Dog

Winston Zeddmore & Zombie Taxi Driver

Has anyone actually got these & are they categorically the same as the original releases ? Thanks in advance.

Edited by buttheadsmate

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2010/08/best...vade-toys-r-us/

Dr. Peter Venkman & Energized Terror Dog

Winston Zeddmore & Zombie Taxi Driver

Has anyone actually got these & are they categorically the same as the original releases ? Thanks in advance.

I picked up

didnt see any diffrences with Gooey Ray Stantz & Expoding Stay Puft

but with peter and square ghost theres a big diffrence with the square ghost

he is a totally diffrent color he is orange not yellow and at his feet it atually darkens even more of a deeper orange -i think this version of him looks great.so far this is the only variations ive found.

im gonna go back and get the other two in the next couple days, if there still there of course and if i notice any other diffrences ill definatly post!!

P1030853.jpg

i too found these guys and was able to complete the set!

which venkman is that? i didnt know there was a gooey version of him too?!

Still missing courtroom peter/ washington square ghost set :/ i always have horrible luck finding the ghostbusters mates

These are the only Minimates I colllect (being the massive GB fan that I am!) but it's really narking me that I can't get them! Does anyone know if these will be available in the UK at any point? Or am I reduced to begging people in the US to get them for me?

I do love the little blighters but they're costing me a fortune!

Edited by Exinferis

Begging helps but it isn't really necessary :lol: I'm sure someone will help you out but regards being widely available in the UK............................we (can I see we?) have all given up :( To date I have never seen a complete GB set ,any wave,for sale on UK ebay from a UK seller which is hardly going to make you feeel any better but at least you'll know the facts.

I thought that might be the case, but worth asking those more in the know than I!

Ghostbusters seems to be having somewhat of a revival of late. I'm also collecting the Mattel figures, but at least with those I'm able ot have them shipped to the UK. TRU US won't ship outside the US which means asking someone to take delivery and then post over to the UK, which is a real pain. Plus you then have to pay sales tax which is a bummer. And they don't always have all the stuff you want in stock on the website and I hate asking people if they'd mind mooching around their local TRU on my behalf, it feels like such an impossition! :blush:

Anyway, moving on (as I don't want to fill this thread with my moaning about not being able to get these outside of America!), I know there's the two "best of" series, but does anyone know if there will be more new 'Mates released? Perhaps an RGB or even EGB series? I'd buy them for sure!

iirc DST have said they may look at RGB, EGB was a steaming pile of turd so I dont imagine any company would bother to make fresh merchandise for it...

Well, that's an opinion you're welcome to, but not one I, or quite a few others on the GB boards, share, so I'd be hopeful that an EGB line would be available at some point.

Yeah I'm aware it has its fans, but when you consider that the merchandise we have appeals to a wider audience (Movies, RGB, Video Game) you have to admit EGB was rather niche, most people on the street would recognise and probably be able to name Egon et al but the random dudes from EGB probably not (Hey its Token Goth and Wheelchair Man!). In a land where DST can't even sell figures based on any Star Trek property due to lack of interest from retailers I just can't see EGB doing all that well...

Like eclipse said, I think the Washington Square Ghost could be classified as new. The only other difference I can see is in the Zombie Taxi Driver. The new one is a bit lighter, but not much. Of course all the new ones have 100709KK printed on their backsides.

Quick 'n' Dirty.

101003_BO2_TRU1sm.JPG

101003_BO2_TRU2sm.JPG

Click for 2X.

• 2 weeks later...